U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-13-2013, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 12,801,324 times
Reputation: 3917

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The only recent amnesty was in 1986. The conservative President Ronald Reagan signed that legislation. When liberal President Obama had a Democratic Congress; he did not even push amnesty. Both Republicans and Democrats have pushed for amnesty – regardless of the wishes of their constituents. They both have their own agenda – one wants cheap labor and the other wants votes. Don't kid yourself that one side or the other actually cares about the illegals or the people that they serve.

It is not rocket science about who is going to loose if we dump more illegals into the labor force. We have poor minorities that will be hit hard and we also have legal immigrants that will not fair well. It was not too many years ago that the liberal Democratic would have championed our homeless and our downtrodden middle class. Have you heard any politicians recently talk about the homeless? Have you heard anybody take the side of the working poor?

Amnesty and unchecked illegal immigration is killing the life style that immigrants come to America to enjoy. It is also putting more pressure on American taxpayers that are currently struggling.
^this^

 
Old 05-13-2013, 06:49 AM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 12,801,324 times
Reputation: 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Stop it, please.

I'm gonna say that MOST Americans would prefer to have "low wage, low skilled workers" IF they're US citizens over ILLEGAL aliens doing the same kind of work. Too; MOST of those jobs done by illegal aliens are NOT in agriculture.
Exactly..go to ANY mall,restaurant etc etc and those "entry level" jobs are nearly 100% taken by illegals..those jobs were traditionally taken by kids entering the work force to help with school,introduce them to actaully working and perhaps purchase their first vehicle..a whole generation is getting crapped on by the illegals and nobody seems to care or enforce our laws..pizzes me off to no end and I have quit shopping at any place that I know for sure hires illegals.
 
Old 05-13-2013, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,150 posts, read 10,574,410 times
Reputation: 9316
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Exactly..go to ANY mall,restaurant etc etc and those "entry level" jobs are nearly 100% taken by illegals..those jobs were traditionally taken by kids entering the work force to help with school,introduce them to actaully working and perhaps purchase their first vehicle..a whole generation is getting crapped on by the illegals and nobody seems to care or enforce our laws..pizzes me off to no end and I have quit shopping at any place that I know for sure hires illegals.
All you have to do is buy the self-sticking, magnetic, large letters “ICE” and put them on your car door. If the business quickly has a “Closed” sign in the window; you will know not to shop there.

We had a company under construction that a news crew decided to film from the air. Everybody ran into the woods when they saw the helicopter. That is also a good sign that companies are not playing fair.

It really got me going when we had another local company that got millions in assistance to create jobs (new tooling) – only to find out they hired 81 illegal immigrants: Feds arrest 81 illegal immigrants in Pa. - USATODAY.com it is insult to injury that we have politicians that give our dollars away to companies that do not put the legal taxpayers first.
 
Old 05-14-2013, 09:29 AM
 
Location: CHicago, United States
6,936 posts, read 6,992,370 times
Reputation: 3487
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
... it is insult to injury that we have politicians that give our dollars away to companies that do not put the legal taxpayers first.
The employers need to be harshly punnished when they lie about who they employ and undermine our laws by hiring illegal aliens. The "illegal" problem would diminish substantially simply by enforcing existing laws and/or passing much harsher penalties for employers who enable the hiring of illegal aliens. Watch Sen. Chuck Grassley squeal like a stuck pig when INS starts shutting-down more packing houses in Iowa. He'd change his tune, quickly when those who contribute to his campaign, the slaughterhouse onwers, withhold their funds.
 
Old 05-14-2013, 11:23 AM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8361
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The employers need to be harshly punnished when they lie about who they employ and undermine our laws by hiring illegal aliens. The "illegal" problem would diminish substantially simply by enforcing existing laws and/or passing much harsher penalties for employers who enable the hiring of illegal aliens. Watch Sen. Chuck Grassley squeal like a stuck pig when INS starts shutting-down more packing houses in Iowa. He'd change his tune, quickly when those who contribute to his campaign, the slaughterhouse onwers, withhold their funds.
Yes, remove all the incentives for them to remain here or to continue to come here such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship. Far too many on both sides of the aisle have a vested interest not to let those things happen though.
 
Old 05-14-2013, 02:22 PM
 
16,704 posts, read 8,643,559 times
Reputation: 4691
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The employers need to be harshly punnished when they lie about who they employ and undermine our laws by hiring illegal aliens. The "illegal" problem would diminish substantially simply by enforcing existing laws and/or passing much harsher penalties for employers who enable the hiring of illegal aliens. Watch Sen. Chuck Grassley squeal like a stuck pig when INS starts shutting-down more packing houses in Iowa. He'd change his tune, quickly when those who contribute to his campaign, the slaughterhouse onwers, withhold their funds.
Yeah, the employers need to be punished harshly because they undermine our laws but the illegals need to be rewarded legal status and citizenship because they undermine our laws.

Talking about hypocrisy!!!
 
Old 05-16-2013, 02:45 AM
 
155 posts, read 180,588 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Unless you are 100% Native American, all of us have ancestors that came from another country. Mine came from Europe in the 1920s. But guess what, they did it legally, learned the language and everything else they needed to become US citizens as soon as possible, worked hard and paid taxes.
Even "Native Americans" have ancestors that came from another continent, Asia to be exact. That is why some pure Amerindians have strong Asian looking facial features.

I have seen some Latin American Amerindians that can pass for Southeast Asian like Cambodian or Filipino for example.
 
Old 05-16-2013, 07:51 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brimelow View Post
Even "Native Americans" have ancestors that came from another continent, Asia to be exact. That is why some pure Amerindians have strong Asian looking facial features.

I have seen some Latin American Amerindians that can pass for Southeast Asian like Cambodian or Filipino for example.
Word is some "full blood" American Indians DO test out as "Asian" by their DNA and the rest are close enough.
 
Old 05-16-2013, 08:10 AM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brimelow View Post
Even "Native Americans" have ancestors that came from another continent, Asia to be exact. That is why some pure Amerindians have strong Asian looking facial features.

I have seen some Latin American Amerindians that can pass for Southeast Asian like Cambodian or Filipino for example.
Yet there was such an outrage awhile back by many Hispanics when a female GOP candidate visited a classroom somewhere in the southwest and commented that many of the students looked Asian when actually they were Hispanic ethnically. Why the outrage? Is looking Asian objectionable especially when their ancestors came across the Bering Strait from Asia?
 
Old 05-16-2013, 08:14 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Reputation: 26668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yet there was such an outrage awhile back by many Hispanics when a female GOP candidate visited a classroom somewhere in the southwest and commented that many of the students looked Asian when actually they were Hispanic ethnically. Why the outrage? Is looking Asian objectionable especially when their ancestors came across the Bering Strait from Asia?
Well, those Hispanics are idiots then. Hispanics can be of any race. They seem to keep forgetting that when it's inconvenient to them.

Here's some non-mestizo Hispanics to get their blood boiling:

Japanese Peruvian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Cuban

German Venezuelan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

History of the Jews in Argentina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chinatowns in Latin America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lebanese immigration to Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could go on and on and on and on and on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top