U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 08:22 PM

1,000 posts, read 879,847 times

Advertisements

Uscis does not run any background checks. Fbi does it and transmit them to uscis.

You believe whatever you want. As a layman who does not work in a fed agency your knowledge is limited to the internet. And not all policy is published online.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:24 PM

The link you posted has nothing to do with what they do for naturalization (other than for people serving on the military, that already had an fbi check done when enlisted) Apples and oranges.

FBI Name Check - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only fbi runs background checks for immigration purposes. Not dhs, not uscis.

Yeah please teach me how to go about my job. I only have been doing it 14 years. Nite

Old 05-09-2013, 08:29 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
The link you posted has nothing to do with what they do for naturalization. Apples and oranges.

FBI Name Check - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only fbi runs background checks for immigration purposes. Not dhs, not uscis.

Yeah please teach me how to go about my job. I only have been doing it 14 years. Nite
Hell, I linked you directly yo the USCIS Policy Manuel. All the FBI does is run a name check for USCIS when USCIS requests it. You don't even seem to understand what a background check is, since you are linking to a name check done by the FBI at the request of USCIS.

Get rid of the ignorance, and accept the fact you are simply incorrect.

Your job for 14 years? What is your job? It surely isn't with USCIS, DHS, or the FBI, because if it were you would have gotten all your info correct.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:31 PM

Bro the fbi does them and transmitted them to dhs. Dhs does not have access to those db's.

Lets just say i know who runs which db. That is all i can say.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Bro the fbi does them and transmitted them to dhs. Dhs does not have access to those db's.

Lets just say i know who runs which db. That is all i can say.
BRO, your full of crap. USCIS requests the name check (through the NNCP - National Name Check Program which includes a search against the FBI’s Universal Index (UNI)) from the FBI and various other agencies. The FBI simply had Tamerlan's name in the data base from 2011, thus the red flags at USCIS and the hold on naturalization. You don't know who runs anything.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
BRO, your full of crap. USCIS requests the name check from the FBI and various other agencies. The FBI simply had Tamerlan's name in the data base from 2011, thus the red flags at USCIS and the hold on naturalization. You don't know who runs anything.
This is correct. What i am saying dhs does not run anything. They do not have access to background check databases. Only fbi does.

Unless you are a fed, i dont think you understand. Even people inside the agencies not always understand who runs what. And we get clearances thru opm.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:43 PM

Unless you are a federal employee, a lot of policy is unknown to most people in the public.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
This is correct. What i am saying dhs does not run anything. They do not have access to background check databases. Only fbi does.
USCIS requests info from inter-govt agencies...duh. USCIS does run a background check of the applicant, if they do not they would not request the info from any agency and the applicant would be granted naturalization based on the interviewing officers opinion of said applicant. You seem confused on the words "background check" by thinking there is only one kind of "background" check. The FBI only responds to USCIS with “NR” (No Record) or “PR” (Positive Response).

Quote:
Unless you are a fed, i dont think you understand. Even people inside the agencies not always understand who runs what. And we get clearances thru opm.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 05-09-2013 at 09:08 PM..

Old 05-10-2013, 01:40 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,289,698 times
How exactly is this an illegal immigration topic ?
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or