U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 05-09-2013, 10:02 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Reputation: 2199

Advertisements

There is no way they can run backgrounds on these illegals.

 
Old 05-09-2013, 01:19 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Reputation: 26661
Depends on what country they're from. My ex had to have 'police certificates' from every jurisdiction where he had lived in the UK to demonstrate that he did not have a criminal record in his native country. Background checks from the UK are reliable, though. From some other nations, much less so!
 
Old 05-09-2013, 01:27 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Depends on what country they're from. My ex had to have 'police certificates' from every jurisdiction where he had lived in the UK to demonstrate that he did not have a criminal record in his native country. Background checks from the UK are reliable, though. From some other nations, much less so!
Probably more reliable from 1st world countries more so than 3rd world where the majority of our illegals are coming from.
 
Old 05-09-2013, 02:38 PM
 
Location: CHicago, United States
6,936 posts, read 6,990,802 times
Reputation: 3487
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
There is no way they can run backgrounds on these illegals.
Well, yes there is. And it's done frequently.
 
Old 05-09-2013, 03:04 PM
 
Location: On a Long Island in NY
7,624 posts, read 8,115,516 times
Reputation: 6949
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Well, yes there is. And it's done frequently.
You trust a background check from the police force in Timbuktu?
 
Old 05-09-2013, 03:09 PM
 
1,000 posts, read 880,094 times
Reputation: 356
The FBI had derogatory information on the Boston Bombers and he was denied naturalization because of the FBI visit and his record. So there were checks.
 
Old 05-09-2013, 03:31 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17688
Ya, just like ringing up a car fax report


Poverty Analysis - Guatemala: An Assessment of Poverty
 
Old 05-09-2013, 05:44 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
The FBI had derogatory information on the Boston Bombers and he was denied naturalization because of the FBI visit and his record. So there were checks.
I wish people like you would actually do some research before spouting off ignorant claims.
Quote:
According to what two sources told CNN, Tamerlan had been living in the United States legally on a green card. Dzhokhar first came to the United States as a tourist in the early 2000's and later asked for asylum. He became a naturalized U.S. citizen just last year, on September 11, 2012.
Opinion: Boston bombing shouldn't derail immigration reform - CNN.com

Look at that, one was a citizen the other a GC holder. Neither were denied anything by the FBI. In fact, this article tells the story of it.
Quote:
Tamerlan, 26, died early Friday after a shootout with police in Watertown, Mass. Officials said that at the time of his death, his application for citizenship was still under review and was being investigated by federal law-enforcement officials.
It had been previously reported that Tamerlan’s application might have been held up because of a domestic-abuse episode. But the officials said that it was the record of the FBI interview that threw up red flags and halted, at least temporarily, the citizenship application.....The officials pointed to the decision to hold up that application as evidence that Tamerlan’s earlier encounter with the FBI had not fallen through the cracks in the vast criminal and national security databases that the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI review as a standard requirement for citizenship. The application, which was presented on Sept. 5, 2012, also prompted “additional investigation” of him this year by federal law enforcement agencies, according to the officials. They declined to say how far that examination had progressed or what it covered.
Nothing was denied. It was still under review. Being denied citizenship wouldn't take away his GC, the only way to do that would be if he had

http://www.oac.cdlib.org/view?docId=...ew=entire_text
  1. Two or more crimes involving moral turpitude at anytime; or
  2. A drug-related crime; or
  3. A crime considered an “aggravated felony,” which includes things like murder, rape, drug trafficking, fraud (over $10,000); and crimes involving theft or violence (including drunk driving) where a judge sentenced you to one year or more of jail time (regardless of your actual time spent in jail).

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 05-09-2013 at 06:16 PM..
 
Old 05-09-2013, 06:16 PM
 
1,000 posts, read 880,094 times
Reputation: 356
Tamerlan was denied naturalization. ( the older one) ... The younger one was naturalized.

You need to learn how to read broseph.

Eta: tamerlan citizenship was placed on hold not denied due to fbi inquiry trigged by russian inquiry

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/us...-security.html
 
Old 05-09-2013, 06:18 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Tamerlan was denied naturalization. ( the older one) ... The younger one was naturalized.

You need to learn how to read broseph.

Eta: tamerlan citizenship was placed on hold not denied due to fbi inquiry trigged by russian inquiry

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/us...-security.html
Maybe YOU should learn to comprehend what you write, I'll high lite it for you. Do you see that, it was placed on hold, it wasn't denied like you claim.

I always enjoy when someones own link denies their claim because they don't understand what it is they are saying or comprehending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top