U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 08:22 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
Do you realize about change the birthright citizenship require constitution change - that means they have pass the constitutional amendment to remove the birthright citizenship so that's extremely difficult. That means you need 2/3 from each chamber (house, senate) and 3/4 from states.
Actually it doesn't -- it requires a re-interpretation. The 14th amendment was never written for illegals to have an easy way around immigration laws and it was not designed for illegals to get themselves onto government handouts.

In fact it was written for the children of slaves.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:31 PM

4 posts, read 1,817 times
Quote:
Do you realize about change the birthright citizenship require constitution change - that means they have pass the constitutional amendment to remove the birthright citizenship so that's extremely difficult. That means you need 2/3 from each chamber (house, senate) and 3/4 from states.
According to Justice Gray, from the Wong Kim Ark case, only a Naturalization Act may be required.
Quote:
No one doubts that the Amendment, as soon as it was promulgated, applied to persons of African descent born in the United States, wherever the birthplace of their parents might have been, and yet, for two years afterwards, there was no statute authorizing persons of that race to be naturalized. If the omission or the refusal of Congress to permit certain [p704] classes of persons to be made citizens by naturalization could be allowed the effect of correspondingly restricting the classes of persons who should become citizens by birth, it would be in the power of Congress, at any time, by striking negroes out of the naturalization laws, and limiting those laws, as they were formerly limited, to white persons only, to defeat the main purpose of the Constitutional Amendment.
If I am to understand that correctly only a Naturalization Act is required to change citizenship by birth.

If I am incorrect, please enlighten me.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:41 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,152,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Decent people don't attack children who are innocents in this debate.
How farcical that you would use 'innocent' children to try to shut down the debate.

Another yellow-bellied coward liberal tactic is pushed on this forum. Ask me if I'm surprised,

Old 05-11-2013, 09:03 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeDoc View Post
According to Justice Gray, from the Wong Kim Ark case, only a Naturalization Act may be required.If I am to understand that correctly only a Naturalization Act is required to change citizenship by birth.

LR, is that you?

Old 05-11-2013, 09:07 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
54 million??? its much higher than that. section 8, food stamps, tanf, free medical, free education, all countesy of us government sponsored black market labor program. and how does an illegal immigrant get all these benefits? they dont but a 2 year old cant reach the welfare counter to fill out the application or pick up the check so mom does.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:01 PM

Imagine the pressure on these employers if there were not unlimited millions of illegals coming here and they instead faced a labor shortage --- they'd have to up the wages.

For the employers it's a great thing to have all this taxpayer subsidized labor coming over. Very low wages means huge profits -- the employer doesn't have to provide legal wages, health insurance policies. The taxpayers provide the bulk of the support for their employers.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:12 PM

154 posts, read 175,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually it doesn't -- it requires a re-interpretation. The 14th amendment was never written for illegals to have an easy way around immigration laws and it was not designed for illegals to get themselves onto government handouts.

In fact it was written for the children of slaves.
14th Amendment applies whoever born on US soil.

Not really, the judge will side with immigrants because our constitution is clear about anyone born on US soil is citizenship. Any change to citizenship birthright require constitutional amendment.
Quote:
Amendment XIV, Section 1, Clause 1:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
You know why - nobody, especially politicians could pass the regular law to end the citizenship birthright because they know it is unconstitutional.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeDoc View Post
According to Justice Gray, from the Wong Kim Ark case, only a Naturalization Act may be required.If I am to understand that correctly only a Naturalization Act is required to change citizenship by birth.

US Constitution trumps non-constitutional amendment federal law.

14th Amendment is constitutional amendment since Naturalization Act isn't.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
14th Amendment applies whoever born on US soil.

Not really, the judge will side with immigrants because our constitution is clear about anyone born on US soil is citizenship. Any change to citizenship birthright require constitutional amendment.

You know why - nobody, especially politicians could pass the regular law to end the citizenship birthright because they know it is unconstitutional.
The same politicians respect the 14th amendment but not the 2nd amendment? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The same politicians respect the 14th amendment but not the 2nd amendment? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
There are mixed of politicians support and against 2nd Amendment and 14th Amendment.

I'm speaking about fact - I just left to court to make decision and they obviously won't on your side, though.

Last edited by blackf150; 05-13-2013 at 01:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or