Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 03:44 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Sure, you're going to say the same thing every time, when the reality is much different. Mexico has created programs for returning ex-pats, and doesn't protest their return. But The Lie is hard for you to leave behind here, you think it provides you some status for telling your stories.

The last time we crossed, they were even taking groups of American heavy equipment operators over the border, Mexico is on a building boom right now. It's a very different Mexico from the way you represent it. All we have to do is figure out your reasons for doing so.
It's the illegals who are claiming that Mexico is so bad that they have to flee it -- they are here demanding their US citizenship because their own country is SOOOOOO bad that not only they have to get the hell out, they have to "rescue" the family members they left behind and get them to the USA.

I'm glad you are finally waking up to that lie. I've been pointing out all along that Mexico actually in fact has hospitals for it's citizens, it has schools, even universities. It's unemployment rate is much much lower than ours. It's got a large and GROWING middle class. However they don't have Medicaid, food stamps, free government housing -- and to become a part of Mexico's growing middle class requires some personal initiative, self-control, and responsibility.

I'm glad you've finally made some trips over there and had a chance to look around and see that illegals really don't need to be coming over here. No one is starving to death over there, they have democracy, they have plenty of wonderful opportunities in their own country.

Now I think we can agree that it's not the end of the world if they are returned home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 06:33 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...I'm glad you've finally made some trips over there...
Why twist everything you say? If you think that I've just started going over the border you're more clueless than I thought. Reporting as such when you know better (i.e. saying I've only visited the U.S. Consulate in Juarez) would mean you are deliberately trying to misrepresent me.

Which is is, not picking it up, or being exceptionally bitter?...

Old 05-19-2013, 12:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Why twist everything you say? If you think that I've just started going over the border you're more clueless than I thought. Reporting as such when you know better (i.e. saying I've only visited the U.S. Consulate in Juarez) would mean you are deliberately trying to misrepresent me.

Which is is, not picking it up, or being exceptionally bitter?...
It seemed that if you think the building boom in Mexico is something new, you must have just seen it for the first time - Mexico has been booming for many years now. The middle class has been around and growing for decades already.

Certainly if you've been there and been past that Consulate in Juarez, you would not be as terrified of seeing illegals returned home as you sometimes seem to be -- it's not as though they're being sent to the ends of the earth, they have a country with very low unemployment and lots of opportunity.

I haven't been to Honduras but I suspect it's very much the same there and in most of the places illegals are from. Certainly Ireland is not horrible so no one should cry for illegals from there if they were sent home.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:23 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It seemed that if you think the building boom in Mexico is something new, you must have just seen it for the first time - Mexico has been booming for many years now. The middle class has been around and growing for decades already.

Certainly if you've been there and been past that Consulate in Juarez, you would not be as terrified of seeing illegals returned home as you sometimes seem to be -- it's not as though they're being sent to the ends of the earth, they have a country with very low unemployment and lots of opportunity.

I haven't been to Honduras but I suspect it's very much the same there and in most of the places illegals are from. Certainly Ireland is not horrible so no one should cry for illegals from there if they were sent home.
Yeah, still putting your words in that form, I say exceptionally bitter...

Old 05-19-2013, 07:37 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Yeah, still putting your words in that form, I say exceptionally bitter...
Bitter? What an odd word to use.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:58 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,346 times
I live in Illinois and our welfare system is going broke because they qualify regardless of immigration status.

This far left state disgusts me because they love taxing people more to pay for irresponsibility people who refuse to do things right, like the illegals who come here illegal, refuse to work and learn English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration