U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 PM

27,997 posts, read 46,379,190 times

Advertisements

SARASOTA --New College immigration activists plan to protest a Saturday appearance by CNN's Lou Dobbs at the city's reading festival.

Dobbs, in town to promote his new book, has become an outspoken voice in the national immigration debate.

Activists say his reporting is biased and incorrect when it comes to illegal immigrants living in the United States.

Bradenton.com | 10/30/2007 | Immigration activists to protest against CNN's Dobbs (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 06:03 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,698,771 times
Seems they protest anyone that tells the truth and doesnt think they should be here. Too bad!! go Lou!!

Old 11-02-2007, 06:23 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,767 times
Go, Lou!! He IS the only one on TV telling the truth. I love when he interviews that woman from LaRaza - she looks like an idiot.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:02 AM

17,281 posts, read 24,972,811 times
Hahahaha, "New College" students? A nest of hippies. They were our unofficial rivals, and I don't even think they have grades at that school.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:16 AM

384 posts, read 850,651 times
Sounds like a great opp to round up illegals and start deporting

Old 11-02-2007, 07:44 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
And to think that CNN is a 'Lib' station! I love it!

Old 11-02-2007, 08:20 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,712,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Hahahaha, "New College" students? A nest of hippies. They were our unofficial rivals, and I don't even think they have grades at that school.
'A nest of hippies'! What a hoot! The perfect group to ally themselves with the illegal aliens.

Lou Dobbs is going to speak in the town of Sarasota, FL- not their college campus. Notice how anyone who does not agree with the students is guilty of 'hate speech'

Quote:
"Lou Dobbs has been one of the instrumental factors in the propagation of hate and lies against immigrants," said Jose Manuel Godinez Samperio, an organizer and New College student. "We don't want him in the community."

The protest will act as a way to speak with residents about the controversial issue, to "get them more involved and educated on what's going on."

"He's not welcome in our community because his reporting pretty much boils down to hate speech," said Adam Roca, a New College alum.

"The things he says are pretty representative of the anti-immigration movement," Samperio said. "The law isn't that you have to be scared all the time and people have to oppress you."
The comments section is always fun.

Quote:
"We don't want him in the community."??? Guess he's not the only one who could be accused of hate speach. Samperio would be better served paying more attention to studies that focus on the right to speak freely in this country. The typical reaction of illegal alien supporters is to shout down their opponents. Whatever happened to open and honest debate? Isn't that something you are supposed to learn in college?
Quote:
This kind of venom from the people that preach tolerance.... hmmm me thinks Lou Dobbs is correct. Their tolerance ends when they dont agree... I would hope that New College will discipline this student. And I wish this paper would use the correct term.. Illegal alien. New College student:
Quote:
"We don't want him in the community." Who is we?
http://pod01.prospero.com/n/pfx/foru...tontm&tid=2561

Old 11-02-2007, 09:27 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,767 times
Yes, these days, tolerance is only for liberals who go with the party line, for example, allowing illegals to have drivers licenses or some such thing, or welfare benefits, or health care paid by the U.S. citizens.

If we don't agree with those "liberal" views, we are bigoted and talking "hate speech".

I think THEY are talking "hate speech" as well, if they are not standing up for the American citizens, who pay the taxes and fight the wars. My father was a pilot in WWII - he fought for this country - NOT for Mexico to run our immigration system. He and thousands of others have fought for the rights of AMERICAN CITIZENS to live their lives as they want, and to decide who is to join them in their own country.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 26 days ago)

9,064 posts, read 15,475,124 times
It has been said that Lou Dobbs picks his guests and tells them what to say and also brings in guests from hate groups.
Also every time he says "illegal immigrants" he giggles and is overall very condescending.

Quote:
"The problem with Lou Dobbs isn't so much that he puts people with connections to hate groups on his show without revealing those ties, or even that he seems to endorse racist conspiracy theories and describes anti-immigration vigilantes as 'great Americans,'" Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Centre told IPS.

"The problem is that Dobbs' unrelenting nativist propaganda is presented to the American public, in primetime and on the leading news channel in America, as actually being news. That's a sorry commentary on the state of the media and, in particular, reflects the Foxification of CNN," he said, referring to the network's conservative rival.
BOYCOTT LOU DOBBS!

I personally don't watch TV, so this is not my stance.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:41 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,712,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
It has been said that Lou Dobbs picks his guests and tells them what to say and also bring on people from hate groups.
Also every time he says "illegal immigrants" he giggles and is overall very condescending.

BOYCOTT LOU DOBBS!

I personally don't watch TV, so this is not my stance.
Well yes, he does have on people from hate groups. Janet whats-her-name, the leader of La Raza, is on several times a year.

Trust me, Lou Dobbs does not giggle when he says 'illegal immigrants'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or