U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 05:48 PM

8,849 posts, read 8,981,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
First off I don't advocate for violence against anyone so I do not concur with what Nugent said.
Does that mean you dislike George Washington and all the other U.S. revolutionaries who gave us this nation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 06:16 PM

31,634 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Does that mean you dislike George Washington and all the other U.S. revolutionaries who gave us this nation?
No, but there are other ways to deal with illegal immigration rather than resorting to violence. I am vehemently opposed to illegal immigration and anything that allows them to remain here.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:52 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,298,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Nobody has a right to advocate mass murder, as Nugent has.

Nugent is a racist, demonstrated by his remarks you've reprinted ... regarding Spanish-language materials. Where I live government announcements/election materials, etc., are printed in 5 languages. It's similar in many other parts of the country. Multiple languages. I don't understand where this hatred for people who aren't white and who don't speak English fluently comes from. Well, it comes from racism.

If you disagree with his racist and mass-murder advocations ... you should say that, lest people read your remarks, and others, and think you believe similarly.
Hispanic ain't a race and some LatAm countries DO have problems with "white power" people wanting to keep the "brown" people down.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:06 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,384,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Hispanic ain't a race and some LatAm countries DO have problems with "white power" people wanting to keep the "brown" people down.
Then tell them to get off their a$$ learn English, apply for citizenship, go to collage and compete. Whites are not keeping "brown people" down, you are keeping yourselves down by sucking of educated peoples labor.

Don't like our free speech? Go home!

My parents couldn't speak English when they came here either. But they did what I outlined above without one penny of government help.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:16 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,435,457 times
Anyone who takes Teds rants seriously are

STOOPID

Old 05-15-2013, 09:28 PM

2,176 posts, read 864,904 times
Quote:
Nugent's comments which appear at the top of this discussion are clearly racist/ethnically prejudiced in content, and I believe intent. He singles-out only one group of illegal aliens. You have a problem with racism as expressed by Mr. Nugent and reprinted here in this discussion being talked about? Fine. Then send a letter to Mr. Nugent. Tell him "it is ridiculous!" I agree.
he singles out 1 group of illegals? You bet, stop acting like hispanics arent the overwhelming majority.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:35 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,745,541 times
Quote:
Sounds to me as if your idol Nugent has threatened mass murder. I'm not surprised you would promote his beliefs here on C-D.
Kinky Friedman suggested having the Mexican army defend the USA border, give them a large sum of money and then deduct some portion of it for every illegal that makes it into the USA. Kinky is quite liberal.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:41 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,745,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Perhaps you noticed the ellipses before that statement -- we don't know to whom he was referring. Furthermore, the phrase "I'd like to shoot 'em dead" could have been heard uttered by this soon-to-be-nation's Continental Congress.
Someone a long time ago said something about "don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes" when running out another group. It had nothing to do with racism, it' has to do with defending a nation. In that case it was at Bunker Hill.

What do illegals really expect when they strut around boasting that they are taking the USA "back" for Mexico? There are some pretty strong anti-American words being said on the other side. And planting their own country's flag --- it's as though they are trying to start something up.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:39 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,193,998 times
Ted is a loon. No one should be paid minimum wage to build a fence. Our 1.5 million prison inmates should be armed and deployed on the border to reduce time off their sentences by shooting illegal crossers.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:30 AM

18,341 posts, read 11,630,561 times
Great, coming from a crap your pants to get out of Viet Nam Patriot, I'll consider the source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or