U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 11:22 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times

Advertisements

Obama Administration Rolls Out Red Carpet For Illegal Immigration; Slams Door On HardWorking,Homeschool Immigrant Family

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 11:35 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
I don't support amnesty for the Romeikes. Their lives will not be in danger if they are returned to Germany and they are in no danger of their children being taken away from them if they send them to public school. This is not what our asylum system was designed for.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:41 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,992,370 times
You continue to repeat discussions started either by yourself, or others. That leaves the impression that 1) you're trolling, or 2) it's a slow news day where you're at. and you continue to lie when you title your discussions. Though doing so is prohibited/frowned upon by the website rules.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:40 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Obama Administration Rolls Out Red Carpet For Illegal Immigration; Slams Door On HardWorking,Homeschool Immigrant Family
Home schooling isn't an asylum issue. They should re-apply for a change of status or find another country.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:02 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
All they need to do is fly to Mexico and cross the border back here and no one will bother them.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:09 PM

154 posts, read 175,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't support amnesty for the Romeikes. Their lives will not be in danger if they are returned to Germany and they are in no danger of their children being taken away from them if they send them to public school. This is not what our asylum system was designed for.
That's one of most fair statement - I agree with you.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:55 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Most refugees and asylum cases seem to be a joke. Just like all those from any democratic nation like Mexico running from their cartel that they got themselves involved in.

It's just far too easy to come here and live off government handouts than work for change back home, but this German family unlike the Chechnov terrorist family that WAS give ayslum and all kinds of welfare handouts was likely at least productive and hard working. There does seem to be a racist agenda with asylum today.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Most refugees and asylum cases seem to be a joke. Just like all those from any democratic nation like Mexico running from their cartel that they got themselves involved in.

It's just far too easy to come here and live off government handouts than work for change back home, but this German family unlike the Chechnov terrorist family that WAS give ayslum and all kinds of welfare handouts was likely at least productive and hard working. There does seem to be a racist agenda with asylum today.
There are a lot of illegal immigrants, especially hispanics got deported and denied the amnesty, unless you are Cuban, so I don't support amnesty to European families for break our immigration law and they don't meet amnesty guideline because most European countries, especially Germany is political stable and democratic country.

I want German family to deported and they have apply for legal status, so if they can't immigrate to US so try different countries.

There is big difference - Chechnya is very unstable region and they went nasty war in 1990's so Russia isn't very freedom as Germany does. The immigrants come from political unstable countries or regions will grant the amnesty - such as Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Chechnya, Belarus, etc.

In Cuba case, if you don't touch US soil so you will deport to Cuba.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:00 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
There are a lot of illegal immigrants, especially hispanics got deported and denied the amnesty, unless you are Cuban, so I don't support amnesty to European families for break our immigration law and they don't meet amnesty guideline because most European countries, especially Germany is political stable and democratic country.

I want German family to deported and they have apply for legal status, so if they can't immigrate to US so try different countries.

There is big difference - Chechnya is very unstable region and they went nasty war in 1990's so Russia isn't very freedom as Germany does. The immigrants come from political unstable countries or regions will grant the amnesty - such as Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Chechnya, Belarus, etc.

In Cuba case, if you don't touch US soil so you will deport to Cuba.
I don't think it's better to give refugee status and handouts to terrorists who then bomb the Boston Marathon and kill innocent Americans, this family would certainly be better than Chechnyan terrorists, but I agree that we should stop with all the refugees -- any country that is a most favored nation of the USA should certainly not be providing us refugees, no country with democracy and elections should be providing us refugees.

Many now coming from Mexico consider themselves to be economic refugees because they don't want to do what it takes to become a part of their own country's fast growing middle class, and many others are coming to escape cartel vengence on themselves because of the crimes they committed before running over here.

We have far too much immigration and very little consideration for what kinds of people are coming in -- both legally and illegally. At least this family is most likely harmless -- yes they need to go home and work on their own country and work to change laws there, but there are far worse types that are being allowed to stay while these people are the rare family they find to deport.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't think it's better to give refugee status and handouts to terrorists who then bomb the Boston Marathon and kill innocent Americans, this family would certainly be better than Chechnyan terrorists, but I agree that we should stop with all the refugees -- any country that is a most favored nation of the USA should certainly not be providing us refugees, no country with democracy and elections should be providing us refugees.

Many now coming from Mexico consider themselves to be economic refugees because they don't want to do what it takes to become a part of their own country's fast growing middle class, and many others are coming to escape cartel vengence on themselves because of the crimes they committed before running over here.

We have far too much immigration and very little consideration for what kinds of people are coming in -- both legally and illegally. At least this family is most likely harmless -- yes they need to go home and work on their own country and work to change laws there, but there are far worse types that are being allowed to stay while these people are the rare family they find to deport.
We don't know if any refugees end up become terrorist like families from Chechnya and it is very unpredictable, however our LEO will go after terrorist and we have anti-terrorist law that passed after 9/11. The terrorists can be any religions and any beliefs - like Atlanta bombing in 1996 wasn't Muslim extremist.

Yes, I agree, we need stop accept all or most refugees from any countries, including Muslim countries, however US still offer amnesty under limited/strict circumstance - allowed by law or court.

Anyone come to US from Mexico because of economic reason is inexcusable, however their government is extremely corrupted and a lot of drug wars. I wish that our government should do something to change Mexico - to improve the economic and securities in Mexico so many people don't have to immigrate to US illegally.

I think German family has more luck than poor Mexican family because Germany is much richer than in Mexico, very low crime, better education, better life, so I believe German family can change their law via legislature action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or