U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 02:47 PM

23,618 posts, read 31,198,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Good for you! I know all about him. He is a true patriot.
I don't like his ties to Countrywide or Allen Stanford, but he's also a passionate advocate for children with disabilities, particularly Down Syndrome, and has a solid anti-illegal immigrant record.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:55 PM

1,017 posts, read 555,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
But.....tomatoes will be 352 dollars each!
That's what they cost now if you add in the welfare, medical care, prison space, etc. we pay for illegals!

Old 05-28-2013, 10:58 AM

939 posts, read 1,199,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The whole thing is absurd. There's no need to pass a bill to "reform." There's already been a path to citizenship for over 60 years.

Go back home, apply for green card and become a citizen like every law abiding immigrant!!!
You have no idea about how immigration works in this country. If it were that easy, why would anybody want to come illegally?

Old 05-28-2013, 12:37 PM

31,704 posts, read 14,622,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
You have no idea about how immigration works in this country. If it were that easy, why would anybody want to come illegally?
I know perfectly well how legal immigration works in this country. We have annual quotas of which Mexicans and other Latinos enjoy the largest numbers of. Also there are family unification catagories of which a large number includes Mexicans and other Latinos. Quotas are in place for good reasons which takes into account our ability to sustain them with jobs and resources and that won't negitvely impact our own citizen's rights to those jobs and resources. Also our immigration policies take into account our population growth.

We can't allow in every potential immigrant that wants to come here based on the above and therefore we have an illegal immigration problem. Shall we discard those sane policies above just so they won't come illegally? No, I don't think so. Foreigners need to respect those sane policies and stop violating our immigration laws and our soveirgn borders instead.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:43 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times
Quote:
Easy or difficult what difference does it make? This nation owes no one a VISA and it is perfectly within our rights as a nation to raise the bar as high as we like. How difficult it is should be based on what immigrants we need. The fact that we allow more immigration than all other nations combined speaks volumes. The fact that illegals are willing to violate our laws speaks volumes about the character of these people. Would anyone willingly invite strangers who broke into their home to stay? I know that I wouldn't?

Old 05-29-2013, 10:36 AM

405 posts, read 358,801 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, many of these congress critters have been elected to office by districts and states where there is a large number of liberals and ethnocentrics who are ok with rewarding illegal immigrants with another amnesty and will continue to vote for those already in office everytime a new election comes up.
I thought big business was advocating all of this

Old 05-29-2013, 07:51 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,304,914 times
Quote:
Uh; let us Americans MAKE the rules who we let in. If that makes an alien mad, I don't care.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:26 PM

939 posts, read 1,199,101 times
Quote:
I know perfectly well how legal immigration works in this country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Easy or difficult what difference does it make?\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; let us Americans MAKE the rules who we let in. If that makes an alien mad, I don't care.
I was talking to lifeexplorer. Some of you are perfectly aware of how difficult it is for the average foreigner to immigrate to the U.S. in 2013, and believe that despite this, the rule of law is most important, and you view illegal immigrants as strictly law breakers. Okay I understand that.

However lifeexplorer is not aware of how difficult it is, when he/she thinks illegal immigrants are simply too lazy to get in line in Mexico. That's plain ignorant. There is no line in Mexico where you can apply for a green card, unless you have family in the U.S. There are only two options: break the law by going to the U.S., or stay in Mexico.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:32 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,113,623 times
Already sent e-mail to my senator and congressman that if it contains amnesty or same by any other name I will not vote for him/her if votes yes; just as I did on the bill under Bush. Hopefully with same result as then if enough call or send e-mails that killed it last time.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:34 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,714,115 times
Quote:
I was talking to lifeexplorer. Some of you are perfectly aware of how difficult it is for the average foreigner to immigrate to the U.S. in 2013, and believe that despite this, the rule of law is most important, and you view illegal immigrants as strictly law breakers. Okay I understand that.

However lifeexplorer is not aware of how difficult it is, when he/she thinks illegal immigrants are simply too lazy to get in line in Mexico. That's plain ignorant. There is no line in Mexico where you can apply for a green card, unless you have family in the U.S. There are only two options: break the law by going to the U.S., or stay in Mexico.
There is the H2A visa (no annual cap limit), the H2B visa the TN visa (Mexican and Canadians only), there are numerous other visas. The issue is their inability to apply for a visa and then wait. You seem to think they all want to come here for citizenship, when the majority simply want to come here to work to better their status back home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or