U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 11:00 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
I was talking to lifeexplorer. Some of you are perfectly aware of how difficult it is for the average foreigner to immigrate to the U.S. in 2013, and believe that despite this, the rule of law is most important, and you view illegal immigrants as strictly law breakers. Okay I understand that.

However lifeexplorer is not aware of how difficult it is, when he/she thinks illegal immigrants are simply too lazy to get in line in Mexico. That's plain ignorant. There is no line in Mexico where you can apply for a green card, unless you have family in the U.S. There are only two options: break the law by going to the U.S., or stay in Mexico.
Then STAY in Mexico, please. Sheesh!

Like I said before we DON'T owe ANY alien the "right" to come to the US.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:59 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,989,487 times
Quote:
There are only two options: break the law by going to the U.S., or stay in Mexico.
The response to this is simple, given the choices: "stay in Mexico."

Old 05-30-2013, 12:54 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
I was talking to lifeexplorer. Some of you are perfectly aware of how difficult it is for the average foreigner to immigrate to the U.S. in 2013, and believe that despite this, the rule of law is most important, and you view illegal immigrants as strictly law breakers. Okay I understand that.

However lifeexplorer is not aware of how difficult it is, when he/she thinks illegal immigrants are simply too lazy to get in line in Mexico. That's plain ignorant. There is no line in Mexico where you can apply for a green card, unless you have family in the U.S. There are only two options: break the law by going to the U.S., or stay in Mexico.
I think you skipped the part where most illegals have made absolutely no attempt to enter legally.
Please allow me one question. If I told you no, you can not come in my house. Would you circle around looking for an unlocked door or an open window so that you could enter anyway?

Old 05-30-2013, 01:43 PM

939 posts, read 1,196,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think you skipped the part where most illegals have made absolutely no attempt to enter legally.
I'm not arguing that the illegals who came over as adults have a right to be here, only that they are certainly not lazy. I agree with Packard fan and gomexico: the only legal thing these people can do is stay in Mexico and never enter the U.S..

Using your analogy, the illegals didn't attempt to enter legally because the front door says "No Entry".

Old 05-30-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
An estimated 5 million of the estimated 11 million illegal aliens are said to have entered the country legally ... and then didn't leave or seek a renewal when their visas expired (student, visitor and other visa categories). So that large number did originally enter legally. As for the estimated 6 million illegal aliens who didn't first have permission to enter the country, there's no way for any one of us to know how many may have made what turned out to be an unsuccessful attempt to come to the USA legally. It's probably a very small percentage of the 6 million, but I don't doubt some did make the attempt. In just Mexico alone, the turn-down rate is very high from what I understand.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:14 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
An estimated 5 million of the estimated 11 million illegal aliens are said to have entered the country legally ... and then didn't leave or seek a renewal when their visas expired (student, visitor and other visa categories). So that large number did originally enter legally. As for the estimated 6 million illegal aliens who didn't first have permission to enter the country, there's no way for any one of us to know how many may have made what turned out to be an unsuccessful attempt to come to the USA legally. It's probably a very small percentage of the 6 million, but I don't doubt some did make the attempt. In just Mexico alone, the turn-down rate is very high from what I understand.
Mexicans and other Latinos hold the highest quotas for legal immigration into our country. They probably are the largest group here through family unifications also. I don't see how this equates to a high turn-down rate.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't see how this equates to a high turn-down rate.
Okay, you don't "see how." Fine. I suggest you buy yourself a pair of glasses, because you don't seem to see very much. What is it about Hispanics in general that seems to scare you so much?

Old 05-30-2013, 03:11 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
I'm not arguing that the illegals who came over as adults have a right to be here, only that they are certainly not lazy. I agree with Packard fan and gomexico: the only legal thing these people can do is stay in Mexico and never enter the U.S..

Using your analogy, the illegals didn't attempt to enter legally because the front door says "No Entry".
So if I have a no entry sign on my front door it is acceptable to sneak through an open window? Should said individual then be allowed to stay?
The USA allows more legal immigration than all other nations combined. Obviously it is not impossible.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:29 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Okay, you don't "see how." Fine. I suggest you buy yourself a pair of glasses, because you don't seem to see very much. What is it about Hispanics in general that seems to scare you so much?
Since I don't see how Mexicans are being discriminated against in our legal immigration quotas why don't you explain to me how they are? Knock off you insinuations. I don't have a problem with Hispanics who come here legally and don't put their ethnic group above our immigration laws. How is that being "scared". The word is objection to illegal immigration and those who support it.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Since I don't see how Mexicans are being discriminated against in our legal immigration quotas why don't you explain to me how they are? Knock off you insinuations. I don't have a problem with Hispanics who come here legally and don't put their ethnic group above our immigration laws. How is that being "scared". The word is objection to illegal immigration and those who support it.
I asked the question because you almost always use references to Mexicans, Hispanics, Latinos. What about the more than 5 million illegal aliens who aren't Mexican, Hispanic or Latino? Maybe I've overlooked something, but it seems to me your objections are centered solely on the Spanish-speaking peoples. Maybe broaden your language to be inclusive of all illegal aliens and not just those who speak Spanish to avoid the appearance of singling-out just one grouping of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or