Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:23 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Wow, were you homeschooled? Even the worst American history books at your average public school have more accurate information in them about Native/European relations than you seem to know about. It's a few years old now, but you might try reading books like "1491", which encompass most of the current knowledge and evidence surrounding what Native America looked like before, during and after European contact.
And yet you haven't shown me to be incorrect on anything I have stated. Why would I care about what Indians looked like prior to during and after 1491? You do realize that Columbus enslaved them (he was Spanish you know) and really has nothing to do with the formation of the US, the English, the French, or the Germans and how they treated the Indians. But as anybody that reads your crap (there's that damned dog again) that you conflate the Spanish an their treatment of the Indians with all Europeans because the Spanish are part of Europe.

Quote:
Oh, and if Hispanics are in no danger of becoming a majority, the level of fear for them in this forum is even more illogical than it already is.
So you make it about Hispanics instead of about illegals in general. Don't project your ignorance/racism onto others, it's rather unbecoming.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
No, it didn't. The Spanish did have explorers there before Columbus, but they weren't the first Europeans there. And you can't exactly "discover" a place that already had tens of millions of people living there.
Really , how far back do you want to go? The Vikings in 1000, the Chinese in 490, the Fijians 20K years ago, the Japanese, The Egyptians, the Africans? Your comments are endless rhetoric.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Mexicans were committing mass murder, signing false treaties and stealing land from Indians. It wasn't a takeover. It's was addition. Very little difference.

They were not formed by immigration (they were formed by hostile takeover). The land already had names and borders and people (that changed hands) before Europeans ever showed up. What you're trying to say is that they were changed even moreso.

It's amazing how often this idea of White people being the benevolent, god-fearing settlers gets promoted on an anti-illegal (or let's face it, anti-immigrant) forum. History does support this viewpoint in every way.
Allow me to fix your comment: ^^

Old 05-21-2013, 01:37 PM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times
And I repeat what country in the world would welcome an unnatural and unlawful transformation of their culture, language and demographics via illegal immigration? Would Mexico welcome that if they were invaded by millions of Chinese illegally? The hypocrite needs to answer this question instead of using words like "fear" as if the above is about fear rather than a justified objection.

And another lie is that we are anti-"immigrant".

Old 05-21-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Which European culture, exactly? They vary quite a bit. And if you say all of them, then you can't really complain about the increase of multiculturalism, a phenomenon that has literally always existed. America has never been homogenous.
It's called Western Culture or Western European Culture. There are no major variances in Europe when it comes to the major culture, they all have minor cultural differences, sub-cultures if you will.

Quote:
Immigrants, even Hispanics, all eventually assimilate. That they might retain some of their original culture or influence existing culture is inevitable, the same as it was for all other immigrant groups, including Europeans. Or is it bad that the US celebrates St. Patrick's Day?
You think St Patricks day is held for the Irish here? Do you even know why St Patrick's day is celebrated? HINT: Its not because of Irish immigrants.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
I suspect you haven't actually been to Mexico. Its culture has elements taken from the Spanish, not least of which is the largely Catholic religion, but there are also extremely strong and obvious indigenous influences in almost everything. Day of the Dead is decidedly not Spanish, for example.

And I ask again, what culture is dominant? "European" represents dozens of nations with different cultures.
Europe, the EU, lives under one major culture, Western, while all the countries (states) within the union live with their own sub-cultures. This is no different then the US and each state having sub-cultures of their own defining, this does not change the ruling culture of Western Culture. Asian countries have what is known as Eastern Culture, yet Asian nations are inherently different sub-culturally.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:47 PM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
It's called Western Culture or Western European Culture. There are no major variances in Europe when it comes to the major culture, they all have minor cultural differences, sub-cultures if you will.

You think St Patricks day is held for the Irish here? Do you even know why St Patrick's day is celebrated? HINT: Its not because of Irish immigrants.
Just an added note. The Europeans who migrated here from different countries formed a melting pot with one identity and one dominant language that nearly all assimilated to and that was English. Not saying that they didn't retain some of their country's cultures but out mainstream they became one identifying and cohesive American culture. That is the opposite of the colonization that is going on today. Illegal immigration is helping to perpetuate that colonization.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:33 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
And yet you haven't shown me to be incorrect on anything I have stated. Why would I care about what Indians looked like prior to during and after 1491? You do realize that Columbus enslaved them (he was Spanish you know) and really has nothing to do with the formation of the US, the English, the French, or the Germans and how they treated the Indians. But as anybody that reads your crap (there's that damned dog again) that you conflate the Spanish an their treatment of the Indians with all Europeans because the Spanish are part of Europe.

So you make it about Hispanics instead of about illegals in general. Don't project your ignorance/racism onto others, it's rather unbecoming.
The book talks about FAR more than just Columbus. It covers most of the Americas and goes into detail about relations in what would become the US.

No, I'm outright saying that what the Spanish did and what other groups like the English did are separate events. The results were often very similar, but they were two groups acting in different locations.

The fact that you have chosen to embrace absolute falsehoods on this subject is not my problem. It is your responsibility to educate yourself. I recommended a book to start from. That's about as much as I can do. The rest is up to you.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Really , how far back do you want to go? The Vikings in 1000, the Chinese in 490, the Fijians 20K years ago, the Japanese, The Egyptians, the Africans? Your comments are endless rhetoric.
So then you agree that the Spanish were not the first to "discover" the Americas, let alone the first Europeans. Thanks!

Old 05-21-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Allow me to fix your comment: ^^
It's pretty clear to me now that you are of the mindset that White=Superior, and are likely little more than a racist. There is absolutely no other reasonable explanation for believing any of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration