U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 06:04 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,714,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Your ability to google is not impressive. You didn't read it. Stop lying.
So you still can't refute anything and attempt to claim me as a lair. And you wonder why you get schooled in here for your comments.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:05 PM

12,793 posts, read 12,781,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Your problem is you jump around time lines to much. As things progressed with the colonizers, there were skirmishes with Indians, both were at fault. Later as we became the US and moved west, that is where you would be better arguing your claims of wiping out Indians for a purpose.

You still attempt to imply that the disease that wiped out up to 95% of the natives was intentional, it wasn't. You also attempt to imply it was White Europeans that forcefully decimated the natives, when it was more the government of the US that did so.
Wait, you argued earlier that these Europeans had no part at all in the decimation of the native population, yet here you are saying that I can make the case that they were wiping them out on purpose once they left the coast and after the disease killed off many of them. So then you agree, these settlers were not innocents. They may have unintentionally wiped out millions with their diseases (which I never once said it was intentional), but their later actions could hardly be described as such. And it happened long before America ever formed. Or do you really think these people just sat on the coast for 150 years?

Old 05-21-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Thats because western culture entails a many number of things, some of which I have eluded to, there is no one thing that it is.

I fully understand why they might choose to be, however that is not reason enough for you to go around calling those that point out your poorly worded claims as racist or xenophobic.
So if you can't then define what exactly it is, then there is no reason to think the US is losing it.

I didn't call you a racist because you oppose illegal immigration. Your opposition, based on your own statements, just seems to be a symptom of a common theme. You value White people and White culture, whatever that is to you, and you seem to view White Europeans through a veil of complete denial about their historic fallibility.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
So you still can't refute anything and attempt to claim me as a lair. And you wonder why you get schooled in here for your comments.
You are a liar. You know it, I know it. Anyone reading this exchange with a modicum of honesty knows it.

I'm still waiting to be schooled. I've met some worthy debate opponents over the years. Believe me, you're not one of them. You'd have to have some intellectual integrity first.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Wait, you argued earlier that these Europeans had no part at all in the decimation of the native population, yet here you are saying that I can make the case that they were wiping them out on purpose once they left the coast and after the disease killed off many of them. So then you agree, these settlers were not innocents. They may have unintentionally wiped out millions with their diseases (which I never once said it was intentional), but their later actions could hardly be described as such. And it happened long before America ever formed. Or do you really think these people just sat on the coast for 150 years?
So the now US is still European? And here we have it folks, jbcmh81 hates white Europeans and doesn't recognize the USA. So once the 13 colonies became a union and western expansion began settlers were living among Indian territory, what few settlers that went beyond the 13 colonies really didn't cause much in the way of killing off Indians. The westward expansion happened after the US began, there were even treaties with tribes and groups before, during and after the formation of the US. Hell our own Constitution is influenced from the Iroquois League.

Why not pick a short time frame to discuss verse attempting to be so broad based as encompassing the entirety of US history? It seems as I dispute your claim you change it to a different time frame.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:19 PM

31,826 posts, read 14,654,154 times
It simply amazes me that anyone would live in the past and be filled with such hatred for white Americans of European ancestry today. We played no role in the past. Those people are all dead now.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
So if you can't then define what exactly it is, then there is no reason to think the US is losing it.

I didn't call you a racist because you oppose illegal immigration. Your opposition, based on your own statements, just seems to be a symptom of a common theme. You value White people and White culture, whatever that is to you, and you seem to view White Europeans through a veil of complete denial about their historic fallibility.
White people and White culture? Your own hate for White people stands out. You now seem to be flailing for anything to demonize me based on your own ignorance.

Quote:
You are a liar. You know it, I know it. Anyone reading this exchange with a modicum of honesty knows it.

I'm still waiting to be schooled. I've met some worthy debate opponents over the years. Believe me, you're not one of them. You'd have to have some intellectual integrity first.
LMFAO..... ....ROFL You have me in stitches.

Mann himself refuted you.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
So the now US is still European? And here we have it folks, jbcmh81 hates white Europeans and doesn't recognize the USA. So once the 13 colonies became a union and western expansion began settlers were living among Indian territory, what few settlers that went beyond the 13 colonies really didn't cause much in the way of killing off Indians. The westward expansion happened after the US began, there were even treaties with tribes and groups before, during and after the formation of the US. Hell our own Constitution is influenced from the Iroquois League.

Why not pick a short time frame to discuss verse attempting to be so broad based as encompassing the entirety of US history? It seems as I dispute your claim you change it to a different time frame.
Perfect example of your lack of intellectual integrity: Moving the goalposts and intentionally creating strawmen over words that were never said. It's kind of stunning, actually. You have raised the bar. You should be deeply ashamed, not only in your behavior, but in that you have not bothered to educate yourself on the history of the very nation you keep ranting about trying to save. Your rhetoric, built on half-truths and outright lies, betrays how you really feel, and it has nothing to do with legality.

This has definitely been a waste.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Perfect example of your lack of intellectual integrity: Moving the goalposts and intentionally creating strawmen over words that were never said. It's kind of stunning, actually. You have raised the bar. You should be deeply ashamed, not only in your behavior, but in that you have not bothered to educate yourself on the history of the very nation you keep ranting about trying to save. Your rhetoric, built on half-truths and outright lies, betrays how you really feel, and it has nothing to do with legality.

This has definitely been a waste.
So still no refutation of my comments, simply attacking my character to portray yourself the more moral person.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It simply amazes me that anyone would live in the past and be filled with such hatred for white Americans of European ancestry today. We played no role in the past. Those people are all dead now.
A discussion of the past is not living in the past. It's too bad you don't actually believe anything can be learned from all those dead people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or