U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:18 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times

Advertisements

Why should we reward these people who got here through any means necessary? We need to deport Obama out of the white house. & get rid of special interest groups that support breaking our law. Arresting and deporting illegals is not a crime, it's the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 11:14 AM

405 posts, read 358,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why should we reward these people who got here through any means necessary? We need to deport Obama out of the white house. & get rid of special interest groups that support breaking our law. Arresting and deporting illegals is not a crime, it's the law.
We had that chance. He won the election pretty handily. Sadly, Americans will get what they deserve. And I say this as a lifelong granola liberal Dem who voted for Romney, primarily because of this issue. Not that I was 100% confident that Mitt would have done much, but at least we wouldn't be dealing with an amnesty that's going to open the flood gates.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:55 PM

6,936 posts, read 6,990,802 times
Just because a redneck Senator makes an unsubstantiated claim, doesn't mean his claim is truthful. Which in this instance ... it isn't. If you stopped reading hateful blogs I think you'd learn more about what the legislation includes, and doesn't ...and it would make for a real dicussion and not just the repeating of lies.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:17 PM

31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Just because a redneck Senator makes an unsubstantiated claim, doesn't mean his claim is truthful. Which in this instance ... it isn't. If you stopped reading hateful blogs I think you'd learn more about what the legislation includes, and doesn't ...and it would make for a real dicussion and not just the repeating of lies.
Prove they are lies then. Redneck Senator? Is that really necessary? Hateful blogs? You mean blogs that object to illegal immigration and rewarding those who break our immigration laws are hateful? This legislation includes allowing illegal immigrants to remain here without returning to their home countries and applying the legal way to come here. That's all I need to know and what I object to.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:48 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,856,225 times
I don't want to reward these CRIMINALS. My paternal grandmother came here legally and worked hard. Since she was British she knew English (In fact she only spoke English). Anyway, even though she was married to an American she still had to jump through hoops and every year she renewed her green card. She was going to become a citizen eventually but passed away.

Why make it easier for these CRIMINALS but not for someone like her?

Old 05-20-2013, 03:57 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
There is no legislation yet, it's still in committee. Until its on the floor, there is no untruthful claim of anything.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:28 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
We had that chance. He won the election pretty handily. Sadly, Americans will get what they deserve. And I say this as a lifelong granola liberal Dem who voted for Romney, primarily because of this issue. Not that I was 100% confident that Mitt would have done much, but at least we wouldn't be dealing with an amnesty that's going to open the flood gates.
We still don't have to accept this. I am hardly accepting of amnesty for people that don't belong here.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:24 PM

6,936 posts, read 6,990,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
There is no legislation yet, it's still in committee. Until its on the floor, there is no untruthful claim of anything.
There never is, to you. Lies are still lies. And the liars and the rest of us know that.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:51 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
There never is, to you. Lies are still lies. And the liars and the rest of us know that.
Once the bill comes out of committee then we can discuss it further, until then you simply project your ignorance as fact. Please keep it up.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Of course 11 million is a lie --- how did they come up with only 11 million? Same way they came up with 300,000 illegals when they did the amnesty in 1986 and more than 3,000,000 ended up getting in on it?

Illegals who returned on their own or were deported back to their own country intend to get in on this big amnesty. Did Obama include all those millions in when he came up with the 11 million number? Keep in mind this is the same government that can't find illegals to deport them, how does it find them to count them?

Every illegal has at least one family member they intend to bring, many have 6 or 7 or more, all they have to do is come on over and fake documents will be all that they need for "proof". The "undocumented" have no legitimate documents, they have nothing that proves they came before 2012, they can make any claim they please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or