U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 08:24 PM

5,769 posts, read 3,094,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
JULIO PUCHETA-NAVA | AugustaCrime.com – Richmond, Columbia, and Aiken County Jail – Reports & Mugshots Next the Illegal lovers will want amnesty for drunk drivers also. Afterall it seems that they come here to drink and drive also.
Not like we don't have plenty of Americans willing to do that job ...... why didn't the father take his child with him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 08:59 PM

1,642 posts, read 1,307,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The little girl in the video, said her father had been deported, but apparently not her mother, so she was still with her mother in the U.S.

Apparently the mother and father decided to produce kids into a family where the father would get deported if caught violating U.S. immigration law.

How could the father be so cruel, to bring a child into that situation? He knew what he was doing, long before she was born. And how could the mother consent to bringing a child into that situation?

What did they plan would happen to this child, in the event Daddy got caught and deported?
The poster who began the thread unintentionally made a great argument for ending anchor babies.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:04 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,860,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
She's an American.
And.....your point is?

Old 05-23-2013, 06:14 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Note that this girl speaks the language of her parent's country and of course would have been taught the culture of that country also. What would be so traumatic that she couldn't go back to her father's homeland with him?

A 9 year old born here who would have obviously attended our schools and have learned English and yet the interview is conducted in Spanish? What was that all about?

Old 05-23-2013, 07:25 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
The poster who began the thread unintentionally made a great argument for ending anchor babies.
Uh; ending birthright wouldn't mean anything in this mess since only the father was here illegally tho I do agree 100 percent with you.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:37 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,307,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; ending birthright wouldn't mean anything in this mess since only the father was here illegally tho I do agree 100 percent with you.
Good point. I didn't know her mother was a legal resident.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:59 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Good point. I didn't know her mother was a legal resident.
They make it sound like she will be abandoned with no parent to remain here with her.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:58 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,455,105 times
Having a child in a country where you are not legally a citizen is really child abuse. I worked with countless children, who did not understand why their Daddies just up and left, and kept hoping they would come back.

It is voluntary family displacement, as cruel to children as slavery in the ante bellum south. Family units are meaningless, and casually discarded, this, from a culture that I thought valued family ties.

It is not the fault of the United States that people voluntarily created this diaspora of children born in the United States, and expect our country to ignore laws for the sake of the children, we did not create this problem, so don't blame us. Or expect us to fix your problem.

And really, there is no problem, if you are here illegally, and have a child, and are deported, there is no law that will require you to abandon your child, just take the kids back, to your country. What is the problem with this?

Old 05-23-2013, 08:59 AM

10,584 posts, read 7,967,483 times
Of course, there are more than a few situations (not this one) where both parents came here illegally and had a baby, the baby is a legal American citizen while the parents are not.

The same questions I asked earlier, still apply. The parents knew going in, that they were violating U.S. law, and there was a significant chance they could be caught and deported at any time. What are THEIR plans for what would happen to THEIR OWN child in this event?

The parents should be the ones who decide what happens to their children, not the government. So, what did they decide would happen?

Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 AM

1,731 posts, read 1,119,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Do you have a change of heart? She will no longer be with her dad.

How could anyone be anti-immigrant after watching these 9 minutes? - YouTube
Yeah? I have an 11 yr old cousin who's mother was killed by an illegal alien, I bet she'd trade situations with your charity case.
Lots of good Americans have lost their lives to these criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration