U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 04:44 PM

2,262 posts, read 2,693,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Do you have a change of heart? She will no longer be with her dad.

How could anyone be anti-immigrant after watching these 9 minutes? - YouTube
No, I don't. Her father broke the law. I love how liberals twist things around, I'm not anti-immigrant in the least. I don't want illegal aliens to be rewarded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 PM

16,711 posts, read 8,659,684 times
You know if he had said "I will vote for democrats" three times, he would have saved himself from being deported.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:19 PM

163 posts, read 203,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Note that this girl speaks the language of her parent's country and of course would have been taught the culture of that country also. What would be so traumatic that she couldn't go back to her father's homeland with him?

A 9 year old born here who would have obviously attended our schools and have learned English and yet the interview is conducted in Spanish? What was that all about?
As soon as she started speaking and I heard it wasn't English, I turned it off. You want my sympathy but you don't even have the courtesy to speak to me in the main language of the country you're living and were born in. It's obvious that this family's allegiance ISN'T with America. So NO.

As stated above, she's got the language down so moving to be with her father shouldn't be that big a problem for her.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:58 PM

15,989 posts, read 29,811,316 times
You have american father's who work hard selling drugs and go to jail. What's this girl's point??? Whoever made her read that script should be ashamed of themselves. Poor child doesn't even realize she's advocating unlawful behavior.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:28 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,486,089 times
One down, 20 million more to go. At least this is a start in the right direction.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:35 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,752,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
You have american father's who work hard selling drugs and go to jail. What's this girl's point??? Whoever made her read that script should be ashamed of themselves. Poor child doesn't even realize she's advocating unlawful behavior.
And since the Obama policy is to deport only the worst criminals, you can bet the father of this girl committed some pretty atrocious crimes. Only serious criminals are being deported.

Most likely he's getting to spend time with his other kids while he's back home.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:56 AM

4,285 posts, read 2,748,049 times
what a terrible father to just abandon his child like that.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:00 AM

16,711 posts, read 8,659,684 times
Unfortunately, he will be back in no time. :-(

Old 05-25-2013, 06:32 PM

3,161 posts, read 3,714,394 times
I wonder how she feels knowing her father is a criminal who cares so little about her he left her here.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:37 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,752,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I wonder how she feels knowing her father is a criminal who cares so little about her he left her here.
I would guess many of these anchor babies are actually psychologically ruined because of the way their parents admit that they will abandon them here rather than taking them home with them when they go.

Not many Americans would travel to some country and simply leave their kids there. And is this really what they mean by their great family values? Abandon your kids the minute you aren't going to get food stamps for them or the amnesty you think you deserve because you had kids you didn't want to support?

This lazy good-for-nothing father didn't even bother to have this girl learn any English so she could get a decent education and job here. She can't even do this boo-hoo-hoo story in a language that Americans understand to gain her criminal father more sympathy. No mention of the horrendous crime the father committed since Obama has mandated that non-violent criminals be allowed to remain here and await their amnesty.

I suspect the dear ole mother has chosen the easy welfare handouts of the USA over her spouse also. He had to go home (Obama is only deporting violent criminals), mom doesn't want to give up the nice food stamps and housing vouchers here -- so bye bye husband.

Pretty obvious this girl is only getting As in her classes taught in Spanish. She can't speak English at all -- not even Spanglish. Someone has flat out lied to this little girl telling her that she could never be a lawyer if she goes back to Mexico -- Mexico has law schools and lawyers, and someone lied to her that she would have no rights back in Mexico -- she most certainly would. What a scam.

Last edited by malamute; 05-25-2013 at 06:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration