U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 05:52 PM

31,881 posts, read 14,670,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
I'm no Tea Partier. I agree, give them all H2A visas, those who can get work can work, the others will be cataloged and sent home, I'll even go so far as allowing DREAM'ers to apply for Student visas and pay out-of-state tuition. Common sense, no?

Oh the proverbial language expert, sorry professor for typing rather quickly and not proof spelling my dissertation to you.

You don't understand what a "right" is. Rights, in this instance, limit personal involvement to that of the greater good. There is no "papers, please" argument to be made by you, since the SCOTUS has already agreed that if one is lawfully stopped, the officer may ask for ID or hold you until you are identified or released from "custody"

Easily accuse someone of racism based on their own projections, talk about irony.
I am not a teapatier either but I have been accused constantly by these types of people of being one. I guess it is just another one of their perceived or actual negatives labels they apply to people who dare disagree with them.

I agree with you on the H-2A visas. They are for agricultural jobs. Otherwise why would we legalize millions of illegal immigrants with 23 million Americans out of work and most of them are holding jobs Americans will do for a fair wage.

Well that does it! Any citizen of any country that mispells a word it must be demanded that their government doesn't make that language their official one. All citizens must speak and write their language with perfection otherwise it's a no go. Typos are no exception either.

I don't know what this "papers please" term is. What papers? All one is asked for when stopped under lawful contact is a valid ID. That is usually a laminated DL not a paper. So now he/she is resortiing to the racial profiling baloney?

Get used to it LR. Anyone who dares want our immigration laws enforced is a racist according to these types of people.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:11 PM

405 posts, read 359,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
...or are they more more interested in creating a bogeyman?

There are many threads where posters vastly overstate the number of illegal immigrants, their growth rates, and the effect that they are having on American culture with the whole "people don't speak English anymore." (Why am I typing in English then?)

It seems to me, that if we're really interested in quelling illegal immigration, we should be celebrating that illegal immigration rates have slowed dramatically and quite possibly have reversed. We should be celebrating que la mayoría de los estadounidenses hablan inglés (or need Google Translate.) We should be happy that even if amnesty ever happened (which I'm against) that it's only 11 million new Democrats and not 75 million.

But nobody seems to be focusing on this. It's easier just to hate on illegal immigrants.
11 million is a significant number, even if it is that low, which you cannot say for sure. Many put it at more like 25 million.

Do you think it's ok to have 11 million lawbreakers in our country? Don't you think that rewarding them with amnesty is immoral? And even if you don't think so, don't you think that if you give amnesty, it is just going to lead to more illegals, hoping for their own amnesty? Think about these points.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:00 PM

3,186 posts, read 5,476,612 times
I think we need men in black coats going around at night and demanding to see peoples "papers"...The non efforts by our non government is not working and we need real results..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or