U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 03:48 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,954,365 times

Advertisements

Hey cut the youth some slack. I have seen him learn and change his position when provided with good data. That can not be said about many 17 yr olds I have met. Like all of us when we were 17 he has his opinions sometimes they are in error but at least he is trying to learn. Besides LOL I like prologic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 05:17 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,318,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hey cut the youth some slack. I have seen him learn and change his position when provided with good data. That can not be said about many 17 yr olds I have met. Like all of us when we were 17 he has his opinions sometimes they are in error but at least he is trying to learn. Besides LOL I like prologic.
I like him too

but as a friend who cares about you prologic, I hope you take this advice as something to help you and not to put you down, you are very young amigo and still need to learn a lot of things from life, there are 2 ways to do it the easy way (by wisdom) or the hard way (by painful personal experience) some pearls of wisdom for you from a paisa:

Respect if you want to be Respected
Love if you want to be Loved
Listen if you want to be Listened
Humility is one of the most powerful weapons in the world you wouldn't believe how this quality if you get to develop it will take you far in life.
and finally if you want people to change, then set the example change yourself, and you'll see magical things happening.

Love and Respect!

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-03-2007 at 06:39 PM..

Old 11-03-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Anti illegal I may be: that is cold!!!

Especially factoring in that most of those people suffering in Jalisco are Mexicans who are legally in their own country!
Dear ArizonaBear, it is in tabasco, yup the state with the name of the sauce and it happened on villahermosa, the capital city
it's name means beautiful village

Old 11-03-2007, 05:27 PM

402 posts, read 940,052 times
Quote:
It is up to me to create my own opinion and I suggest you respect it.
Pro Logic, Respect is a two way street and we all have Our Own Opinions too. I suggest you respect that as well. If you want to learn, Learn to listen with both ears and try to realise, you weren't born knowing every thing and neither were any of us, we never quit learning until we die. Don't assume because we are angry with this illegal situation that we are racist as we are constantly being accused. Most of you who tend to show your pro-illegal standing are the ones who keep saying "Hispanic/Mexican" all the time or, "my /our people". We keep trying to tell y'all They are not the only illegals we are dealing with here. It really sounds like y'all are the racists if there are, indeed, any here on this forum.

Last edited by Choctaw2; 11-03-2007 at 05:58 PM..

Old 11-03-2007, 06:14 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,355,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Ditto here!

Although maybe medicines, food, clothings, etc are more effective you know we are humans and corruption exists
Does Mexico have the equivalent of something like the American Red Cross or Salvation Army? Somewhere that maybe the corruption is a bit less and the aid sent would actually get to where it was intended to go?

Old 11-03-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Does Mexico have the equivalent of something like the American Red Cross or Salvation Army? Somewhere that maybe the corruption is a bit less and the aid sent would actually get to where it was intended to go?
we do have red cross here

Old 11-03-2007, 06:38 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,172,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
Pro Logic, Respect is a two way street and we all have Our Own Opinions too. I suggest you respect that as well. If you want to learn, Learn to listen with both ears and try to realise, you weren't born knowing every thing and neither were any of us, we never quit learning until we die. Don't assume because we are angry with this illegal situation that we are racist as we are constantly being accused. Most of you who tend to show your pro-illegal standing are the ones who keep saying "Hispanic/Mexican" all the time or, "my /our people". We keep trying to tell y'all They are not the only illegals we are dealing with here. It really sounds like y'all are the racists if there are, indeed, any here on this forum.
I believe if you have read my posts I show my opinion on both sides. I know I don't know everything, I know from what I read in the newspaper and discuss at school when its time to share current events.

Hispanic - is used to refer to modern Spain, and to the Castilian language, and to the Spanish speaking nations of the Americas.

People who speak Spanish can be labeled as Hispanic. For me, I don't really care if someone calls me Hispanic, Latino e.t.c.. I know they mean the same thing. I am not offended. Oh and, when I registered for my SAT's there is no column for American of Mexican decent. They label Mexicans who were born in the U.S as 'Mexican American'.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:39 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,172,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
I remember them having "Angeles Verdes" or something like that. Basically people who help out others on the road. If your car dies down e.t.c

Old 11-04-2007, 07:30 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,044,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I better donate some money to them to.
Why don't you go down there and help out.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:40 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,355,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
we do have red cross here
Great! That will make it easier to donate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or