Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 12:56 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Believe it or not Rednecks share a lot of things with Hispanic. They can be just as ghetto as digging a hole in the backyard and urinate them while drunk. They can put duck tape to keep lamps in place. We are not so different after all. Haha
That is because hispanics have rednecks, especially Mexicans, they can be more redneck than a southern white boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 01:31 AM

402 posts, read 1,061,070 times
Quote:
Believe it or not Rednecks share a lot of things with Hispanic. They can be just as ghetto as digging a hole in the backyard and urinate them while drunk. They can put duck tape to keep lamps in place. We are not so different after all. Haha
BTW PL, you too have a way of offending people. Ridiculing them because you think they are all poor and un-educated. Steriotyping them because some idiots concidered most of them to be uneducated, poor white trash and from the South. Guess what, Red Necks live every where, from all walks of life. Including the rich and famous and highly educated.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:04 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
What makes me be intrigued of this post is that it was an American citizen who started it, why would an American think that their borders should be opened to help Mexican citizens who haven't even asked for asylum in the United States??

In 1985 we had a massive earthquake that reduced Mexico city to a pile of rubble, and we were able to rebuild it, of course we had help from America (a lot thank you!) and from other countries too, but it was mostly us Mexican citizens who took care of it and rebuilt everything, we can do it again!!!

topos (gophers) an specialized Mexican rescue team who goes deep underground to help victims who are trapped under piles of rubble still exists to these days and they always go to any part of the world that needs them.

we are not cripples and to be honest I feel offended if people thinks that.

there are also citizens from America that do wrong things in Mexico, they come illegally (some legally though ) fleeing from their country's laws, they hide in cities like puerto vallarta, abuse kids, kill people, rape persons, accumulate massive arsenals of weapons or are rude with the locals putting them down, but that doesn't mean that all American citizens are like that, neither all citizens from Mexico go to America illegally, burn flags organize marches demanding rights they shouldn't have (at least if they don't learn to respect and ask for them nicely first imho) and disrupt the peace and harmony, the truth is that the big majority of citizens in this country work hard, struggle everyday to make our country better, respect their neighboors, want their children to have a better future just like the majority of Americans.

Imagine how would you feel if a Mexican citizen, would think that all americans are pedophiles, rapists, racists or criminals when the majority of them are nice, well educated, altruist and honorable human beings how would you feel?

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-03-2007 at 07:32 AM..

Old 11-03-2007, 07:45 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
BTW PL, you too have a way of offending people. Ridiculing them because you think they are all poor and un-educated. Steriotyping them because some idiots concidered most of them to be uneducated, poor white trash and from the South. Guess what, Red Necks live every where, from all walks of life. Including the rich and famous and highly educated.
I catch ProLogic's drift though.

Many of the illegals from Mexico and Guatemala do tend to be lower class because they in part know no better.

And too the word 'redneck' has gone up in social status in the last 30 years or so----------Karl Malone, the former basketball player (Black man) even refers to himself as a redneck because he enjoys working with construction equipment, etc.

Last point: Latinos are showing major signs of assimilating into the American South---------to the point that one Latina described herself being a 'GRITS'------Girl Raised In The South'.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:53 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
Have you been reading about the terrible flooding in Mexico? I suspect that this will cause huge financial loses and misery in that poor country. I suspect that America will start allowing many of the affected people to come to America, much like people in Central America were allowed to stay in the USA when they had a hurricane and earthquake.

Should America allow large numbers of immigrants to come to our country after huge natural disasters?
If we let them in the U.S. they will never go home. Help them the same way they would help us. NOTHING

Old 11-03-2007, 07:59 AM

Travelling fella,
Quote:
Imagine how would you feel if a Mexican citizen, would think that all Americans are pedophiles, rapists, racists or criminals when the majority of them are nice, well educated, altruist and honorable human beings how would you feel?
I don't think anyone here has ever said that ALL Illegals are pedophiles, rapists, racists, etc. But all illegals have committed a crime simply by being here illegally. When ones own family has been touched by the crimes illegals commit (including murder) that fact alone makes it very hard (impossible) for Legal citizens to have any love in our hearts for ALL illegals in this country. The same goes for Legal citizens who commit crimes against us. Forgiveness is not an easy thing to do (even for Christians) forgetting is impossible.

Of course there are criminals from this country who run to Mexico and hide out from our legal authorities. And I'm sure commit horrible crimes there. That is the fault of your own government for making your country a "Sanctuary" for them. Making it a crime for our authorities to go there to capture them. For instance Dog Chapman the Bounty Hunter was put in jail on kidnapping charges for doing just that.

My friend who is a Bail bondsman has his hands tied when one of his clients decides he doesn't want to "face the music" and answer for his/her crimes and flees to Mexico. He has to wait until they make a mistake and come back into our borders to capture them. If they don 't he has only so many days before he has to come up with the remainder of their bond balance out of his own funds. And guess what it isn't just our citizens who flee from crimes committed here it is your own citizens who return to Mexico and continue to commit crimes against their own people in Mexico.

Quote:
topos (gophers) an specialized Mexican rescue team who goes deep underground to help victims who are trapped under piles of rubble still exists to these days and they always go to any part of the world that needs them.
This is good to know. I'm sure everyone apperciates the help that they provide. I am sorry about the flooding in Mexico it is horrible for those who have lost everything, still I don't feel that we should open our doors to invite more people into our country. Open our hearts to their loss, yes. I don't recall any natural disaster ever occuring in my life time that the USA has not stepped in to help those in need. And I am sure will will do it this time too. It's up to your country to find shelter for them.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:15 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Oh no, there's no reason to take victims of natural disasters and turn them into immigrants. Why would we want to?

The way I see it we have so many illegal aliens here from Mexico it would probably be best to forcibly send some back to help with the rebuilding of the cities affected.
Excellent point! The construction boom in the US is tapering off and many illegals are finding work is not as plentiful as it once was. This is the perfect time for them to return to Mexico and use their newfound skills as roofers, etc. to help rebuild their country.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:24 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Have fun going to jail then, He's 17.
Why assume Alanboy is going to become violent? If your 6'2" Peruvian friend and 6'4" Alanboy are standing facing each other, all Alanboy has to do is:

1. reach into his pocket
2. pullout his cellphone
3. dial ICE's number
4. report that he has an illegal immigrant from Peru standing in front of him and give his location

I don't think your friend would stick around for too long.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
ArizoniaBear, Originally Posted by Choctaw2
I catch ProLogic's drift though.

I caught Pro Logic's drift too obviously not the same way you did. Had he not added this (They can be just as ghetto as digging a hole in the backyard and urinate them while drunk. and the "HaHa" ) to his post, I probably would not have thought of it as offensive to our countrymen or to Mexican citizens either.

I have used a lot of duct tape in my day to fix many a booboo, nothing wrong with that.
In fact my broom is held together right now with duct tape because I didn't want to go to town to get a new one, and I needed to sweep my floor. that's what ya get for buying at the $.99 store.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:43 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post

I have used a lot of duct tape in my day to fix many a booboo, nothing wrong with that.
In fact my broom is held together right now with duct tape because I didn't want to go to town to get a new one, and I needed to sweep my floor. that's what ya get for buying at the $.99 store.
Be nice here: I have used duct tape and bailing wire to 'fix' a few things as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration