Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 09:09 AM

402 posts, read 1,060,869 times

Advertisements

Well sometimes it is neccessary to do a little "jimmy rigging" LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 09:16 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
What makes me be intrigued of this post is that it was an American citizen who started it, why would an American think that their borders should be opened to help Mexican citizens who haven't even asked for asylum in the United States??
I think the OP's concern was that our harebrained (do you have a word like that in Spanish?) government will decide to encourage citizens of Mexico to relocate here as refugees. As I posted earlier, it would be better to move the evacuees to an area of Mexico that is safe.
The work of rebuilding can then begin, by the Mexican gov. with assistance from other nations. The goal should be to clean up after the disaster and rebuild homes and infrastructure. Sometimes a disaster has a silver lining of sorts, if the electrical system for the community is inadequate and has been jerry-rigged to try and keep up with demand, if that system is completely destroyed now is the time to go in and build a new, upgraded one.

Quote:
In 1985 we had a massive earthquake that reduced Mexico city to a pile of rubble, and we were able to rebuild it, of course we had help from America (a lot thank you!) and from other countries too, but it was mostly us Mexican citizens who took care of it and rebuilt everything, we can do it again!!!
As someone said, we Americans ALWAYS help out when there is a disaster. We even help, or offer to help, countries whose govs. hate us, such as North Korea and Iran. But the help is meant to be assitance to the local gov., not a matter of 'taking over'. Think about it. There may be indigenous languages in the flood area that we don't speak and without local interpreters, how can we help address health concerns? We are not saying, you can't do this- we are saying 'here are 4,000 tents, you tell us where they are needed the most and how we should get them there'.

Quote:
topos (gophers) an specialized Mexican rescue team who goes deep underground to help victims who are trapped under piles of rubble still exists to these days and they always go to any part of the world that needs them.
I know we had alot of teams like this in the US after 9-11. They may have been here then.

Quote:
we are not cripples and to be honest I feel offended if people thinks that.
The people affected by these floods are the ones who have chosen to stay in their home country and make a go of it. These are the folks who are going to turn the country around, if it is going to be turned around, and they deserve help. A country that is a true cripple would not have been able to rebuild Mexico City after the earthquake.
Quote:
there are also citizens from America that do wrong things in Mexico, they come illegally (some legally though ) fleeing from their country's laws, they hide in cities like puerto vallarta, abuse kids, kill people, rape persons, accumulate massive arsenals of weapons or are rude with the locals putting them down, but that doesn't mean that all American citizens are like that, neither all citizens from Mexico go to America illegally, burn flags organize marches demanding rights they shouldn't have (at least if they don't learn to respect and ask for them nicely first imho) and disrupt the peace and harmony, the truth is that the big majority of citizens in this country work hard, struggle everyday to make our country better, respect their neighboors, want their children to have a better future just like the majority of Americans.

Imagine how would you feel if a Mexican citizen, would think that all americans are pedophiles, rapists, racists or criminals when the majority of them are nice, well educated, altruist and honorable human beings how would you feel?

Old 11-03-2007, 10:30 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
BTW PL, you too have a way of offending people. Ridiculing them because you think they are all poor and un-educated. Steriotyping them because some idiots concidered most of them to be uneducated, poor white trash and from the South. Guess what, Red Necks live every where, from all walks of life. Including the rich and famous and highly educated.
If I ridiculed them, then that means I'm ridiculing my moms part of the family. Like the rednecks, they're happy to be who they are. Heck, I even qualify for some things like putting electrical tape with a piece of cardboard to keep the batteries in. LOL! And btw, my town is full of rednecks. My town was actually a KKK headquarters. They used to hold KKK gatherings in the adult school.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:47 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
If we let them in the U.S. they will never go home. Help them the same way they would help us. NOTHING
Compassionate lil devil arent you?

Old 11-03-2007, 10:56 AM

402 posts, read 1,060,869 times
Quote:
My town was actually a KKK headquarters. They used to hold KKK gatherings in the adult school.
I have no use for KKK and there is no comparison between the two. JMO

Old 11-03-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
I have no use for KKK and there is no comparison between the two. JMO

Just telling you how redneck my town was-- and still is. (although not as much anymore).

Old 11-03-2007, 11:21 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Are you a texan by any chance? LOL
I am.................................

Old 11-03-2007, 11:23 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,255 times
Quote:
Have fun going to jail then, He's 17.

You have an answer to everything, don't you ?

Old 11-03-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
You have an answer to everything, don't you ?
Well why not, no harm in that.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:31 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,494,919 times
Quote:
Who's talking about violence? Are you talking about violence? I am surely not. Stop with your assumptions! And as if people on the forums saying that this is a civil war isn't violence? Give me a break. This country was founded on violence.
Why don't you join the Army or Marines? Do something useful and learn about life. And when you grow up some come back and talk to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration