U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-16-2007, 06:06 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Reputation: 107

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Please provide me with an academic reference which states that triangular points older than Clovis technology have been found in the U.S.
Your quote;

Quote:
Originally Posted by kele
I guess you just have to be in the right place (the classroom) at the right time in order to be privy to certain information in this discipline.
I'll leave you a thought to ponder while you do your own research.

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours."
- Richard Bach
.
..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-16-2007, 06:17 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I doubt that the academic community would take me seriously.
That doubt should maybe be expanded outside academic community as well.

For all your qualifying statements that you're only citing different theories, you make declaratory statements as if there is no question that the underlying assumptions are only theoretical.

It matters very little what you assume, there are many in the field who dispute what you offer.

Like I said, when the theories that you expound are treated as being the only accepted truth, then and only then, will you be justified to make declarative statements that contradict what other scientists in the field today are saying.

In the meantime, you might as well be pushing a faith-based model, because that model you portray is not universally accepted.
.
..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2007, 06:50 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
That doubt should maybe be expanded outside academic community as well.

For all your qualifying statements that you're only citing different theories, you make declaratory statements as if there is no question that the underlying assumptions are only theoretical.

It matters very little what you assume, there are many in the field who dispute what you offer.

Like I said, when the theories that you expound are treated as being the only accepted truth, then and only then, will you be justified to make declarative statements that contradict what other scientists in the field today are saying.

In the meantime, you might as well be pushing a faith-based model, because that model you portray is not universally accepted.
.
..
The only thing I've presented as being universally accepted is the theory of multiple migrations, land and water travel.

Oh, and the fact that Clovis technology is believed to be 13.5 kya rather than the 11 kya you assume it to be. If you chose to read anything else into posts, that is your preogative.

The rest of it is merely academic conjecture. However, since your knowledge comes from whatever you can pull off of the internet in your attempts to make some sort of solid argument and mine is coming from extremely well respected professors and anthropologists, I'll just continue to look to them to educate me on the subject of prehistory and leave you to substantiate your arguments via the internet.

However, one thing I can say for certain is that I am becoming quite weary of your waa waa style of rhetoric. For reasons unknown to me, you've decided to cyber stalk my posts and then make every pitiful attempt you can to find one source which may or may not justify your arguments.

So, you have fun running all over the internet trying to best me. Here, I'll help you along.

You, User 2, are the greatest researcher known to modern man. Galileo himself pales in comparison to you and would likely find himself embarrassed, nay mortified and humbled by your very presence. You are Indiana Jones, Lara Croft, and Louis Leakey, all rolled into one and the anthropological world is a better place because you are hovering around the fringes of it.

You are archaeologist, I am shovel bum and I submit to your erudite and obviously superhuman intelligence.

You sir, win.



Here's your first place ribbon so that you can brag to all of your friends about what a pedantic little scholar you are.

Enjoy your moment in the sun. You should be VERY proud.

Last edited by Kele; 12-16-2007 at 06:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2007, 07:09 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
The only thing I've presented as being universally accepted is the theory of multiple migrations, land and water travel.

Oh, and the fact that Clovis technology is believed to be 13.5 kya rather than the 11 kya you assume it to be. If you chose to read anything else into posts, that is your preogative.

The rest of it is merely academic conjecture. However, since your knowledge comes from whatever you can pull off of the internet in your attempts to make some sort of solid argument and mine is coming from extremely well respected professors and anthropologists, I'll just continue to look to them to educate me on the subject of prehistory and leave you to substantiate your arguments via the internet.

However, one thing I can say for certain is that I am becoming quite weary of your waa waa style of rhetoric. For reasons unknown to me, you've decided to cyber stalk my posts and then make every pitiful attempt you can to find one source which may or may not justify your arguments.

So, you have fun running all over the internet trying to best me. Here, I'll help you along.

You, User 2, are the greatest researcher known to modern man. Galileo himself pales in comparison to you and would likely find himself embarrassed, nay mortified and humbled by your very presence. You are Indiana Jones, Lara Croft, and Louis Leakey, all rolled into one and the anthropological world is a better place because you are hovering around the fringes of it.

You are archaeologist, I am shovel bum and I submit to your erudite and obviously superhuman intelligence.

You sir, win.



Here's your first place ribbon so that you can brag to all of your friends about what a pedantic little scholar you are.

Enjoy your moment in the sun. You should be VERY proud.
Yep. Guess he showed you all right.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2007, 07:18 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Yep. Guess he showed you all right.

He certainly did Ollie....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2b/10045196.jpg/320px-10045196.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2007, 03:43 AM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

The rest of it is merely academic conjecture.
Ah, so you take back all the declarative statements about there being no sharing between Amerinds in the North and South Americas.

I was perfectly aware that it was mere conjecture on your part, but some others might not have known that.

Now they won't have to rely on your conjecture, they can look for themselves because you've admitted what you declared as factual is nothing more than conjecture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
However, since your knowledge comes from whatever you can pull off of the internet
I provided internet links to material which backs up the information I've got at hand, ...as you say, those learned texts can't be just pushed down the internet wire from your home. So, I did the next best thing, back up what I was saying with other text freely available to anyone on this forum.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
However, one thing I can say for certain is that I am becoming quite weary of your waa waa style of rhetoric. For reasons unknown to me, you've decided to cyber stalk my posts and then make every pitiful attempt you can to find one source which may or may not justify your arguments.
Don't be so humble, .....you're not very good at it.

I treat everyone the same, if I see disinformation being spread around as gospel, I'll show that it's easily refuted.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Here, I'll help you along.
Right, thanks but you worry about getting along yourself....

I'm fine.
.
..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2007, 03:59 AM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Reputation: 1423
power vibes in this forum.

power vibes from power users

ohhhhh yes!!!

Tvayi snihyaami: Mama tvayi aasaktirasti
I have love/longing in you

ॐ पुराण प्रेम
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2007, 04:17 AM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

Tvayi snihyaami: Mama tvayi aasaktirasti


ॐ पुराण प्रेम
I don't see too much sanskrit, do you also speak sanskrit?
.
..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2007, 04:36 AM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Reputation: 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
I don't see too much sanskrit, do you also speak sanskrit?
.
..
I did in other lifes LOL, I'm relearning though

Asato mā sad gamaya / Tamaso mā jyotir gamaya / Mṛtyor mā amṛtam gamaya

Lead me from non-truth to truth/ Lead me from darkness to light/ Lead me from mortality to immortality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I did in other lifes LOL, I'm relearning though

Asato mā sad gamaya / Tamaso mā jyotir gamaya / Mṛtyor mā amṛtam gamaya

Lead me from non-truth to truth/ Lead me from darkness to light/ Lead me from mortality to immortality
Safe journey, TF

"Men are not disturbed by things, but the view they take of things."
- Epictetus (55-135 A.D.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top