U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-26-2007, 03:07 PM
 
17,286 posts, read 24,988,854 times
Reputation: 8527

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Not sure about the "prosperity" angle,
Well, of course Mexico isn't exactly first world... but compared to anywhere else in Central America, it's doing quite well... not "in spite" of it's gringo neighbor to the North, but BECAUSE of it's gringo neighbor to the North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal
but there's NO doubt that if Mexico had almost ANY OTHER "big" neighbor, it would have long ago been forced to "clean up its act". Someone years ago suggested that If Mexico shared a border with China or Russia, instead of exporting disgruntled citizens, it would be forced to DEFEND itself, and would either learn very quickly to adopt a whole lot of social justice in its own domestic policies, or would rapidly erupt into bloody revolution. They might profess to "hate" us in public, but we're really a big "enabler" for the excesses of the Mexican ruling classes.
Very true. China has its own problems with illegals from North Korea, and they're not exactly "sympathetic" to the North Korean illegals. And I think China has shown time and again that they really don't care what others think. Same with Japan.

The only person in the world that will EVER feel guilty for practicing nativism, cultural preservation, preference or nationalism, however, is good ole' whitey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-26-2007, 05:10 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,625,689 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post


Very true. China has its own problems with illegals from North Korea, and they're not exactly "sympathetic" to the North Korean illegals. And I think China has shown time and again that they really don't care what others think. Same with Japan.

The only person in the world that will EVER feel guilty for practicing nativism, cultural preservation, preference or nationalism, however, is good ole' whitey.
You're right. I don't think there's a widespread "MEChA" type movement in China, causing the average citizen to listen with sympathy, as angry mobs of Tibetans surge through the streets of Shanghai, blowing off steam while criticizing their "treatment" by China. And the Christians and Jews in Saudi Arabia have been notably accepting of their less-than-complete list of rights. You might say they're almost SILENT !....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 01:36 PM
 
3 posts, read 3,948 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
A source...http://www.trussel.com/prehist/news180.htm

Another source..(although I generally refrain from quoting Wikipedia, this entry quotes many modern textbook theories and reflects quite a bit of modern day archeological thought.)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Col...ceanic_contact

I could also quote a few of my textbooks, but they are rarified academic sources and difficult to come by if you're not a college student.

My post was not intended to be, as you so eloquently stated, a p*ssing contest, but merely a response to your prior post. I do happen to know what I'm talking about, yet I am aware of the fact that there are conflicting views within the academic community. There will always be this sort of conflict until someone's theory is proved right or wrong. Considering the length of time that has passed, it is highly unlikely anyone will ever be able to say, with any amount of certainty, exactly what went on in the period during or just after the Paleolithic.
Thanks for the resources. I am a college student so you could sight your texts. I apologize for the crass remark. I will read the sources you provided. I'm not questioning your knowledge. I was only inquiring on where the strength of your argument was coming from. That is only way a scholar can differentiate between sound research and weak research. Where do you plan on doing your graduate work? Are you a social-cultural anthropologist or a biological anthropologist. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
Truce.
Mexica-Cano
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 01:46 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,695,138 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexica-Cano View Post
Thanks for the resources. I am a college student so you could sight your texts. I apologize for the crass remark. I will read the sources you provided. I'm not questioning your knowledge. I was only inquiring on where the strength of your argument was coming from. That is only way a scholar can differentiate between sound research and weak research. Where do you plan on doing your graduate work? Are you a social-cultural anthropologist or a biological anthropologist. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
Truce.
Mexica-Cano
My field of study is Paleoindian Archaeology--with an emphasis on the Plains and Southwest.

After I complete my Master's, I plan on ingratiating myself with as many scholars as possible so that I can be involved in various programs of research funded by my university while I complete my doctorate. One of my current professors is one of the only anthropologists in the academic community who has been allowed full access to Kennewick Man. His research is fascinating. Because our fields of study are remarkably alike, I feel fairly certain that he will allow me to assist him with research next semester.

If you would like a list of excellent resource materials in the field send me a PM. I'd be happy to help if I can.

What, if you don't mind me asking, is your major?

Peace....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 03:28 AM
 
451 posts, read 235,916 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
If they are Mestizo, which describes more than 85% of the Mexican population, then they have European blood. According to their own ideology, they need to go back to Spain.

The only indigenous peoples to these United States are the Native North American Indians, NOT Meso American Indians. After passing through the present day U.S. on their way south approximately 15,000 years ago, those who became indigenous to present day Mexico and Central America never came north again. There is absolutely NO archaeological or anthropological evidence to support the statement many of these reconquista proponents claim as gospel, that they are indigenous to the Southwestern United States. Are they indigenous to the continent? Yes, they are. Yet the Aztecs and Toltecs (related tribes) from whom many of these people claim to be descended, never made it past the Sonoran desert. It was a huge, natural barrier to northward migration after the end of the last ice age. Most scholars agree that they never made it more than 100 miles north of present day Mexico City, site of the Aztec city of Teotihuacán.

As a person of Native American ancestry, I'm highly insulted when these people assert that they are the only true indigenous peoples in the southwestern United States. Such a tired, overused piece of rhetoric.
Well, in that sense the native americans also crossed the straits of Bering
ilegally, for god's sake no one owns the land except for god himself, we are all transient illegal immigrants!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 04:04 AM
 
Location: OC, CA
3,309 posts, read 5,035,154 times
Reputation: 645
God wants people to follow the law of the land. The law of this land is America and its government. This isnt Mexico. If I went to Mexico, I would be expected to follow the law of their land and become a legal citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 09:41 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,695,138 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
Well, in that sense the native americans also crossed the straits of Bering
ilegally, for god's sake no one owns the land except for god himself, we are all transient illegal immigrants!!
Do you know that for sure? Were you there?

The latest anthropological thought allows for the fact that the first people in the New World likely knew something about ocean travel. It is entirely possible that those who settled Meso-America and South America may have completely bypassed the modern day United States.

Personally, I am not a transient nor am I illegal. I was born in America and I am indigenous to this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 09:49 AM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,042,756 times
Reputation: 2873
ignore please

Last edited by camping!; 04-07-2008 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: realized I responded to a very old post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 04:13 PM
 
451 posts, read 235,916 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Do you know that for sure? Were you there?

The latest anthropological thought allows for the fact that the first people in the New World likely knew something about ocean travel. It is entirely possible that those who settled Meso-America and South America may have completely bypassed the modern day United States.

Personally, I am not a transient nor am I illegal. I was born in America and I am indigenous to this country.
like the rest of us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 05:00 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,695,138 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
Well, in that sense the native americans also crossed the straits of Bering
ilegally, for god's sake no one owns the land except for god himself, we are all transient illegal immigrants!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Do you know that for sure? Were you there?

The latest anthropological thought allows for the fact that the first people in the New World likely knew something about ocean travel. It is entirely possible that those who settled Meso-America and South America may have completely bypassed the modern day United States.

Personally, I am not a transient nor am I illegal. I was born in America and I am indigenous to this country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
like the rest of us
Just to refresh your mind....

Did you not proclaim that "we are all transient, illegal immigrants?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top