U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 05:01 PM

2,257 posts, read 3,454,521 times

Advertisements

I think shes being serious and it would seem to be an apt comparison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 05:40 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Are you being sarcastic?
No my friend, I'm very serious. Paleo-indian Archaeology is my field of study. I have middle range theory and migration patterns pounded into my head day after day by various professors. I am merely passing on what I have learned.

I'm not making fun of you either. There are many folks who believe exactly what you've espoused here and I just want you to see that other possibilities do exist and you shouldn't close your mind to alternate theories.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:29 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
No my friend, I'm very serious. Paleo-indian Archaeology is my field of study. I have middle range theory and migration patterns pounded into my head day after day by various professors. I am merely passing on what I have learned.

I'm not making fun of you either. There are many folks who believe exactly what you've espoused here and I just want you to see that other possibilities do exist and you shouldn't close your mind to alternate theories.
What is your specific 'tribal' heritage if you do not mind me asking?

A piece of irony here.

For the record: the 'Mexica' movement would actually welcome you.......apparently, one has to be no more than 1/2 American Indian to qualify.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What is your specific 'tribal' heritage if you do not mind me asking?

A piece of irony here.

For the record: the 'Mexica' movement would actually welcome you.......apparently, one has to be no more than 1/2 American Indian to qualify.
My maternal grandmother was full-blooded Apache. My grandfather was about three-quarters.

Yes, I'm sure that the Mexica movement would welcome me. They are constantly seeking acceptance from Native Americans. However, there is no love lost between the Apache and those from south of the U.S./Mexico border. My great-grandmother used to tell me of how the Mexicans would pay other tribes and their own people two dollars a pair for the ears of our people. She also told me of her father raiding villages in what is now modern day Mexico for slaves and in retribution for their attacks against our people. I accept that the Mesoamerican Indians are indigenous to the North American continent, but to try to pass themselves of as indigenous to the land of the Nde is preposterous and insulting.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:01 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,847 times
Welcome back Kele....

Old 11-02-2007, 08:13 PM

8,181 posts, read 16,160,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Awwww, you guys are all ROTTEN, this poor guy here, go easy on him, it's tough out there. He doesn't speak English folks, he was trying to translate, here, here's the proper translation he was trying to get across...

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Note to self...do not be drinking water when reading your posts.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 PM

791 posts, read 1,980,775 times
I guess then anybody living outside Ethiopia is illegal. Somebody give this guy a boat ticket. It'll get him close to home. He can walk the rest of the way or maybe call one of his native ancestors to come pick him up.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:53 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Actually the native indian peoples are the same type of indians whether they are from Alaska or the tip of South America.
Pretty broad statement there, PL.....something like saying "All Whites are the same breed, from the top of Norway to the end of Sicily"....And that was a LOT less distance than the length of the Americas.
There was a LOT of difference between the stone-age Paiutes-- and the extremely primitive Onas and Yaghans (Cape Horn area), and the very sophisticated Aztecs---or the Incas..

The bigger point is, though, that any "hereditary rights" are usually cancelled out by OTHER hereditary rights. Almost every group has pushed others around---and has, itself, BEEN pushed around by others....The big difference is, NOWADAYS, we talk about it....

Old 11-02-2007, 09:05 PM

Thanks texanborn - good to be back. Between moving from California and starting University out here, I've been hopping!

Old 11-02-2007, 11:46 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Pretty broad statement there, PL.....something like saying "All Whites are the same breed, from the top of Norway to the end of Sicily"....And that was a LOT less distance than the length of the Americas.
There was a LOT of difference between the stone-age Paiutes-- and the extremely primitive Onas and Yaghans (Cape Horn area), and the very sophisticated Aztecs---or the Incas..

The bigger point is, though, that any "hereditary rights" are usually cancelled out by OTHER hereditary rights. Almost every group has pushed others around---and has, itself, BEEN pushed around by others....The big difference is, NOWADAYS, we talk about it....

I never said all whites were the same breed-- Kele did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or