U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-30-2013, 12:44 PM
 
7,497 posts, read 9,280,426 times
Reputation: 7394

Advertisements

No, they just don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-30-2013, 03:46 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,712,641 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Since 2009 deportations of illegal aliens and aliens who've overstayed their initial permissions to be in the USA approximated 400,000 persons - if the published reports I've read are accurate. Double the number the GOP administration of George Bush. Double. Hate the man all you want, but you can't use the bogus issue that his administration hasn't done better then his predecessors ... by a country mile .. for that purpose.
GW deported 1M illegals in 2005, Obamas best to date for one year is 396K. GW deported 2M in 8 years, Obama was on a path to top that (using additional numbers no other president counts) until his policy change (for DREAM'ers), however if you remove those caught at the border that Obama is counting that no other President has counted (which even Obama admits skew his numbers), then Obama is below Bush per year and is not on a path to topple Bush's numbers. Again, you are attempting to manipulate findings based on comparing apples to oranges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2013, 06:54 PM
 
19 posts, read 14,310 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
GW deported 1M illegals in 2005, Obamas best to date for one year is 396K. GW deported 2M in 8 years
Nope, someone invented your "facts'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2013, 07:44 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,712,641 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Roosevelt View Post
Nope, someone invented your "facts'.
You're right the 1M is the fiscal number for the first 4 years of Bush, which doesn't count ATEP removals like Obama does or adding 19K from the previous years numbers, or the voluntary departures of visa overstays (64,876), or an additional 5 week period repatriation program adding another 6.5K and those being held in detention were counted. So still Obama had to cook the books to appear to be doing better than Bush.
Unusual methods helped ICE break deportation record, e-mails and interviews show
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2013, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,176 posts, read 864,049 times
Reputation: 1287
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Since 2009 deportations of illegal aliens and aliens who've overstayed their initial permissions to be in the USA approximated 400,000 persons - if the published reports I've read are accurate. Double the number the GOP administration of George Bush. Double. Hate the man all you want, but you can't use the bogus issue that his administration hasn't done better then his predecessors ... by a country mile .. for that purpose.
thats because they were/are crossing the border in record numbers. Morons actually believe Obama is securing our borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2013, 07:37 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,603 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Reputation: 26673
I don't give a damn which of them deported more illegals.

Point is, neither of them are deporting enough of them. Bush did a terrible job in this area and Obama is also doing a terrible job. Also, don't forget that Bush supported amnesty especially for DREAMies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2013, 08:09 AM
 
Location: CHicago, United States
6,936 posts, read 6,993,777 times
Reputation: 3487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Obama's deportation numbers have already been debunked in here bofore. Surely you know that since this discussion has come up many times before in here.
Debunked by whom? The anti-Americans who peddle hate and fear? Get real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2013, 08:09 AM
 
31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8401
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't give a damn which of them deported more illegals.

Point is, neither of them are deporting enough of them. Bush did a terrible job in this area and Obama is also doing a terrible job. Also, don't forget that Bush supported amnesty especially for DREAMies.
Nor do I. I don't know why the pro-illegals in here are fixated on the number of deportations by Bush vs Obama. A deflection perhaps? The point is that there are still millions of them here illegally. At least Bush didn't put a hold on deportations for illegal immigrants that haven't been convicted of a felony yet. At least he didn't release thousands of them back into our society with the claims of the lack of funds to keep them in detention. Neither one overall gets any glowing remarks from me, however. As you said, Bush pushed for an amnesty also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2013, 08:19 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,603 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Reputation: 26673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nor do I. I don't know why the pro-illegals in here are fixated on the number of deportations by Bush vs Obama. A deflection perhaps? The point is that there are still millions of them here illegally. At least Bush didn't put a hold on deportations for illegal immigrants that haven't been convicted of a felony yet. At least he didn't release thousands of them back into our society with the claims of the lack of funds to keep them in detention. Neither one overall gets any glowing remarks from me, however. As you said, Bush pushed for an amnesty also.
I think we're in total agreement that both administrations have been disastrously ineffective when it comes to enforcing our laws by punishing employers/deporting illegals and preventing more illegals from coming in.

To me it doesn't matter which was worse because if either one was worse than the other, it's only by a hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2013, 08:21 AM
 
31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8401
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Debunked by whom? The anti-Americans who peddle hate and fear? Get real.
Here we ago again. It's been posted in here many times before. This the last time I will post it for you and Liquid Reigns has also posted it many times. Even Obama has admitted that the deportation numbers are skewered.

Obama Admin Skews Deportation Figures | Judicial Watch

Obama's deportation record: inside the numbers - CNN.com

Please knock off the claims of hate and fear in regards to illegal immigration. It is about wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced. How many times are you going to pull the race card in here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top