U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 05:56 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,861,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
The myopic hyperpartisan hypocrisy is strong in this one.

Neocons didn't seem to get nearly so upset when Saint Reagan granted amnesty to millions and millions of undocumented aliens or when Bush, Jr. didn't do a @#%$!& thing about immigration. Hmm.

But hey--you guys NEED your boogeymen. Seems like you'd prefer it when their skin is more brown, right?
You can find examples in just about every thread that mentions Obama. It's like clockwork. In this case we've managed to incorporate numbers 2 and three in one post! Good work!

Obama Supporter Auto Response Protocol™

1. The source isn't valid
2. That's racist
3. But...but...but George W. Bush
4. Haters gonna hate
5. Repeat 1,2,3, and/or 4 as needed then insult the opposition for failing to support this great man, declare victory, and move on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 06:23 AM

31,515 posts, read 14,580,770 times
How does one know what Americans back in 1986 felt about the amnesty Reagan signed back then? Assume much? I am sure many Americans were upset about it just as they are today with Obama's proposal. Americans were so upset about Bush proposing it again a few years back that they shut down the phone lines to congress in protest. Someone needs to get their facts straight.

So objecting to millions of illegal aliens in our country is just creating a fictious boogeyman? There are no negative impacts to our country and its citizens? No justifications for our rage? Really? And just like clockwork out comes the race card to go with it. Skin color has nothing to do with our objection.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:28 AM

23,602 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How does one know what Americans back in 1986 felt about the amnesty Reagan signed back then? Assume much? I am sure many Americans were upset about it just as they are today with Obama's proposal. Americans were so upset about Bush proposing it again a few years back that they shut down the phone lines to congress in protest. Someone needs to get their facts straight.

So objecting to millions of illegal aliens in our country is just creating a fictious boogeyman? There are no negative impacts to our country and its citizens? No justifications for our rage? Really? And just like clockwork out comes the race card to go with it. Skin color has nothing to do with our objection.
I turned 11 years old in 1986. I remember the amnesty and I remember thinking it was a stupid idea. I remember I even argued with my grandparents (refugees themselves) about it and actually turned them anti-amnesty.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:32 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:

Neocons didn't seem to get nearly so upset when Saint Reagan granted amnesty to millions and millions of undocumented aliens or when Bush, Jr. erlike you'd prefer it when their skin is more brown, right?
Why bring race into it? Would you want unlimited cheap immigration if they were from Europe? Or is it about certain ethnic groups having unlimited rights to come here by the millions?

Legal immigration where work visas are required are by far the most balanced and fair.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:06 AM

1,017 posts, read 554,032 times
Quote:

Neocons didn't seem to get nearly so upset when Saint Reagan granted amnesty to millions and millions of undocumented aliens or when Bush, Jr. didn't do a @#%$!& thing about immigration. Hmm.

But hey--you guys NEED your boogeymen. Seems like you'd prefer it when their skin is more brown, right?
Why resort to the race card? It is like a broken record. When one can't come up with a solid argument FOR illegal aliens, it always comes back to the color of their skin. T'ain't true. I am not a fan of lawbreakers nor do I care to fork taxes out to help these poor downtrodden takers who are "only here for a better life." Puh-leeze spar us from having to read this drivel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or