U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 09:38 AM

2,544 posts, read 1,777,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Most liberals I know care more about the jobs/wages of Americans than of illegals. I don't know a single liberal who is pro-amnesty. The only pro-amnesty people I've encountered have all been Hispanic, without exception. None identified themselves as liberal or conservative.
You must not get around much. Most people I know support it, and equally from both sides of the aisle. I get around and know a lot of people. Commerce, Corporate America, Evangelicals and even Major League Baseball are lobbying hard for immigration reform that includes amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 09:50 AM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
You must not get around much. Most people I know support it, and equally from both sides of the aisle. I get around and know a lot of people. Commerce, Corporate America, Evangelicals and even Major League Baseball are lobbying hard for immigration reform that includes amnesty.
Yeah sure, none of these organizatons nor their members would be negatively impacted by amnesty so no wonder they support it.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:30 PM

2,176 posts, read 863,527 times
Quote:
mlb? haha

Old 05-25-2013, 01:54 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Most people supported going to war in Iraq. How many of those same people are still so enthusiastic about it?
Most of the crows I run with pretty much supports my view points does this prove anything?
Me? I was always taught to never reward a cheat. Illegals are all cheats.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:32 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,946,342 times
Quote:
Your area must not be seriously affected by illegal immigration in the way that the border states are. Take a trip to So Calif, Ariz or the Texas border. You might feel differently. for the record, I am a mexican-american who is strongly against illegal immigration and amnesty. It's not an uncommon thing.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:26 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Tell those idiots to spend some time in a border state.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:50 PM

11,920 posts, read 13,253,020 times
Quote:
Donno what planet you are on. Most middle class Americans I know cannot believe our government is looking to pass another unnecessary round of amnesty. This is why people are loosing trust in our government. I do know many Hispanics who think it's a good thing, but that shouldn't be a surprise as many have benefited by previous amnesty.

This seems to be the only country where we reward law breakers with citizenship.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:49 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
The news media leads people to believe that 100% of everyone is very excited and for the amnesty they're trying to cram down our throats.

In reality even some of the pro-illegals, pro-open borders and pro-unlimited immigration groups are becoming less enthused. There is that part about illegals who came after 2011 not getting in on it --- illegal immigration is way up since January 2013 because word is out that amnesty is almost a done deal and large numbers expect to cash in on it.

Then there is the part that the whole extended family might not be able to come. Even adult children and their spouses and children might not be able to legally come. The illegals might not be able to bring in all their parents, grandparents, siblings with their spouses and children. Family reunification was supposed to mean the whole family!!! What about those illegals who have 3 adult children and 3 minor age children --- why their family isn't going to be reunified after all!

There are even some doubts about those illegals who aren't working getting in on it, and would they really have to pay that $500? They didn't expect to actually have to pay anything.

I just heard that some are being advised NOT to try to prove they were here before 2011 by showing a stolen set of identification or show that they stole someone's social security number - because that is a felony crime, and no one knows for sure if it could be held against them that they committed felony document fraud. Yet -- that's the only way they can prove they paid into any kind of taxes is if they show the social security number they've stolen and used.

I was surprised to find out that some illegals are actually getting a little leery on this amnesty. Back taxes is a pretty big one -- will they really be expected to show they ever filed with the IRS?

Not only is it possible they aren't going to bring in any children legally who are over 21, or maybe over 18 even, they probably can't legally bring in their parents and siblings. That's not their definition of family. Family is the extended family. And who is going to support those children they can bring in? The cost of living here is too high, will they have to provide those children health insurance plans under Obamacare? Will they qualify for food stamps?

One illegal living near me has a 16 year old child in Mexico that she has not seen since he was an infant. Her 4 US born kids of course get food stamps and lots more but will he get his own? She doesn't even know this child, she has not seen him ever since she left.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:23 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,946,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The news media leads people to believe that 100% of everyone is very excited and for the amnesty they're trying to cram down our throats.

In reality even some of the pro-illegals, pro-open borders and pro-unlimited immigration groups are becoming less enthused. There is that part about illegals who came after 2011 not getting in on it --- illegal immigration is way up since January 2013 because word is out that amnesty is almost a done deal and large numbers expect to cash in on it.

Then there is the part that the whole extended family might not be able to come. Even adult children and their spouses and children might not be able to legally come. The illegals might not be able to bring in all their parents, grandparents, siblings with their spouses and children. Family reunification was supposed to mean the whole family!!! What about those illegals who have 3 adult children and 3 minor age children --- why their family isn't going to be reunified after all!

There are even some doubts about those illegals who aren't working getting in on it, and would they really have to pay that $500? They didn't expect to actually have to pay anything.

I just heard that some are being advised NOT to try to prove they were here before 2011 by showing a stolen set of identification or show that they stole someone's social security number - because that is a felony crime, and no one knows for sure if it could be held against them that they committed felony document fraud. Yet -- that's the only way they can prove they paid into any kind of taxes is if they show the social security number they've stolen and used.

I was surprised to find out that some illegals are actually getting a little leery on this amnesty. Back taxes is a pretty big one -- will they really be expected to show they ever filed with the IRS?

Not only is it possible they aren't going to bring in any children legally who are over 21, or maybe over 18 even, they probably can't legally bring in their parents and siblings. That's not their definition of family. Family is the extended family. And who is going to support those children they can bring in? The cost of living here is too high, will they have to provide those children health insurance plans under Obamacare? Will they qualify for food stamps?

One illegal living near me has a 16 year old child in Mexico that she has not seen since he was an infant. Her 4 US born kids of course get food stamps and lots more but will he get his own? She doesn't even know this child, she has not seen him ever since she left.
Do you live in southern Calif?

Old 05-28-2013, 07:29 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

5 myths about amnesty for illegal immigrants in Senate bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or