U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 AM

402 posts, read 938,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Of course there is a degree of emotion in this, they are our people.
Mach50Thunderdart, So, Then you understand our emotion when it comes to illegals in our country, taking away from our citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 09:56 AM

140 posts, read 79,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
The popular wisdom is most legal Hispanic immigrants are in full support of all immigrants legal or not. I read many stories in the newspaper about legal Hispanic immigrants who are protesting deportations and laws targeting illegal aliens. The feeling is most legal Hispanics will punish public officals and representatives who try to tighten immigration laws.

Do you think that legal immigrants especially from an Hispanic background are really supportive an open border and support illegal aliens?
If I had to guess I would say that the majority of legal immigrants would oppose illegal immigration.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:37 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
However, it was American's government that allowed them in, it was Americas companies that hire them, profit off of them, it is Americas banks that give them loans, car dealerships sell them cars, apartments give them leases.
I mean if 9/10 things allow them to stay here, I think that is a good indicator it is Americas fault.
And of course the fact that any time our government attempts to actually do anything about it, they are blasted by LaRaza, MALDEF, Lulac, MECHa, the SPLC, and the ACLU all of whom are screaming 'racism' as loud as they possibly can? Then the liberal, multiculturalist, 'I hate America crowd' jumps into the fray. And the activist judges are waiting in the wings to overturn any law which might actually a) stop illegals from coming here or b) repatriate the ones who are here. I don't suppose in your worldview any of this contributes to the growing problem?
In the not too distant past of this nation, these invaders would have been met at the border by crowds of Americans with the flag in one hand and a shotgun in the other. All you folks who are hispanics first and Americans second (or maybe even third) -or not Americans at all, just keep right on pushing. Keep it up. Eventually the true citizens of the United States of American will have had enough. And that will be where the rubber meets the road......

Quote:
Personally I think there are some negatives, like crime and hospital bills. I think if they are committing crimes after entry, deport them or lock them up. I also think we should bill the Mexican, Guatemala etc.. governments for any costs due to a citizen of their country here.
Some 'negatives, like crime and hospital bills', huh? And you honestly think Mexico or Guatemala is going to reimburse the US for expenses incurred by their citizens who shouldn't be here in the first place?

Last edited by andreabeth; 11-03-2007 at 11:41 AM..

Old 11-03-2007, 10:40 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
Mach50Thunderdart, So, Then you understand our emotion when it comes to illegals in our country, taking away from our citizens.
They're taking away but who is really taking away. The Government that lets them take away? or them for taking advantage of what the government has to give away?

Old 11-03-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
They're taking away but who is really taking away. The Government that lets them take away? or them for taking advantage of what the government has to give away?
They are stealing from the taxpaying citizens of the United States.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
They are stealing from the taxpaying citizens of the United States.
Yet the government does nothing to stop it.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:02 AM

402 posts, read 938,291 times
Both ways ProLogic. Have you not been reading my posts concerning the anger at both the Government and the illegals? And the businesses and privet individuals who enable the illegals so they can save a dime?

Old 11-03-2007, 11:09 AM

The illegals will take anything thats handed to them. Theres a saying.. "Todo lo que sea gratis es bueno"

Translation: Anything thats free is good.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:19 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,346,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
However, it was American's government that allowed them in, it was Americas companies that hire them, profit off of them, it is Americas banks that give them loans, car dealerships sell them cars, apartments give them leases.
I mean if 9/10 things allow them to stay here, I think that is a good indicator it is Americas fault.

Raids in the news just stir up more hate towards Hispanics.
Isn't enough to know that the border exists and they are not to cross it illegally? For the law abiding, the border IS closed. But how exactly are we supposed to secure our border against those willing to break the law? So the only way to keep illegals out is to build a fence and man it with armed guards to shoot to kill on sight? Is the fact that the United States government is NOT doing that, is THAT what you meant by "American's government that allowed them in"??

American companys break the law to hire illegals. That doesn't make it right. The illegals shouldn't be here in the first place, if they weren't here, they wouldn't have been hired, so who is REALLY at fault?

But yes, you are right in that the raids just stir up more hate towards Hispanics which is sad. Which is also why legal hispanics should be against illegal aliens, as they may have the most to lose.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
The illegals will take anything thats handed to them. Theres a saying.. "Todo lo que sea gratis es bueno"

Translation: Anything thats free is good.
But it isn't free- it is ALWAYS at the expense of someone else (ie an American citizen)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or