U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 12:00 AM

1,459 posts, read 2,944,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Stop trying to compare me with illegal immigration. Illegal immigration should be a federal/states issue.
illegals should be more than just a federal/state issue, it should be an issue with every tax paying/legal citizen in this country. If you were in the work force supporting a family I think you may see things a little different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 12:07 AM

3,215 posts, read 3,283,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Very true. Many of the illegals hate America with a passion, they feel they're just taking their land back. So spitting or urinating in our produce isn't beyond them in the least. Maybe we sould ask the liberals on here how it is that most counties in Europe manage to have produce without the help of the illegals....

Hear Hear! I only wish they just spit and urinated in the food! I read something in our newspapers immigration forums that made me so sick, I wish I had never read it. ( insert puking icon ) I'm gagging just thinking of it.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:25 AM

140 posts, read 5,511 times
Quote:
My dad has told me that employers don't want to hire people from South America. They want Mexicans because they work the hardest he's been told. Stereotype or not, it makes sense. But back before the Mexicans were doing all the hard labor the Irish were. Look at them now, fully assimilated to main stream American culture. I believe Mexicans can do this as well, but heres the ongoing question.. who will be the Mexicans after the Mexicans 0.0
What I am about to say will propably not make me very popular but one of the smartest, hardest working immigrants I ever knew was from Cuba. He worked for me for several years and then went back to Miami. He used to tell me horror stories about the things that he used to endure in Cuba. I can totally understand the "wet foot/dry foot" policy. He tried escaping once before he finally made it to America and spent two years in prison for his efforts. How he got here was pretty amazing. He actually build a boat out of an old 56 Chevy. To me, this is the kind of immigrants that this country needs. He LOVED America with a passion!

Old 11-04-2007, 12:28 AM

3,432 posts, read 145,582 times
Who says immigrants don't love America? Those illegals you see at marches-- they don't know what the hell is going on. They're just there for the free taquitos and horchata.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Who says immigrants don't love America? Those illegals you see at marches-- they don't know what the hell is going on. They're just there for the free taquitos and horchata.
They love America yet they desecrate the American flag?
America doesn't need that kind of love!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

Old 11-04-2007, 01:00 AM

635 posts, read 1,134,964 times
StSmith,

What does anti-immigration exactly have to do with "God Bless America." Many anti-illegal immigration activists use patriotism to justify their positions, which they support in their eyes, but this is to funny. Many illegal immigrants waived the American flags wanting to become legal Americans, yet I don't see you mention that small piece of information.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
StSmith,

What does anti-immigration exactly have to do with "God Bless America." Many anti-illegal immigration activists use patriotism to justify their positions, which they support in their eyes, but this is to funny. Many illegal immigrants waived the American flags wanting to become legal Americans, yet I don't see you mention that small piece of information.
I NOTICED THAT THEY WERE WAVING THE FLAGS UPSIDE DOWN! I NOTICED THAT THEY WERE BURNING AMERICAN FLAGS! I NOTICED THAT THEY WERE WAVING MEXICAN FLAGS! I DON'T USE "PATRIOTISM" TO SUPPORT MY POSITION, I USE COLD HARD FACTS AND FIGURES! IF YOU HAVE READ MY POSTS YOU WOULD KNOW THIS! IF SEEING '"OL GLORY OFFENDS YOU THEN YOU SHOULD LEAVE!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Old 11-04-2007, 01:10 AM

635 posts, read 1,134,964 times
Alright StSmith I see your in no mood to have a nice debate. I shall let you be. When did I say Ol' Glory offends me?! Anywho, hope all goes well for you.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:13 AM

3,432 posts, read 145,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
I NOTICED THAT THEY WERE WAVING THE FLAGS UPSIDE DOWN! I NOTICED THAT THEY WERE BURNING AMERICAN FLAGS! I NOTICED THAT THEY WERE WAVING MEXICAN FLAGS! I DON'T USE "PATRIOTISM" TO SUPPORT MY POSITION, I USE COLD HARD FACTS AND FIGURES! IF YOU HAVE READ MY POSTS YOU WOULD KNOW THIS! IF SEEING '"OL GLORY OFFENDS YOU THEN YOU SHOULD LEAVE!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!
Plenty of Americans burn the American flag. Americans who believe in communism that is.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Alright StSmith I see your in no mood to have a nice debate. I shall let you be. When did I say Ol' Glory offends me?! Anywho, hope all goes well for you.
I have no problem "debating" the issue with anyone providing that they use facts, not emotion to support their position. I have read your posts; it is abhorrently obvious that you are pro illegal immigration. So be it, but don't criticize me for my love of country!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration