Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 01:29 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
I have no problem "debating" the issue with anyone providing that they use facts, not emotion to support their position. I have read your posts; it is abhorrently obvious that you are pro illegal immigration. So be it, but don't criticize me for my love of country!
Love your country, but don't generalize all Mexicans by what you see from a few. Most Mexicans adore America IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 01:02 AM

140 posts, read 111,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Love your country, but don't generalize all Mexicans by what you see from a few. Most Mexicans adore America IMO.
Your opinion doesn't count for anything to me. I prefer facts!

Old 11-04-2007, 10:55 AM

635 posts, read 1,746,885 times
Quote:
Why don't you give factual numbers on maybe how many illegals don't want to be Americans, how many illegal believe in Reconquista, how many illegal don't respect our laws once here, how illegals don't want to assimilate. Just find me one number stat about how illegals/Mexicans dislike the U.S. or Americans. If you want to talk to talk, walk the walk.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:03 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Why don't you give factual numbers on maybe how many illegals don't want to be Americans, how many illegal believe in Reconquista, how many illegal don't respect our laws once here, how illegals don't want to assimilate. Just find me one number stat about how illegals/Mexicans dislike the U.S. or Americans. If you want to talk to talk, walk the walk.
Watch a tape of the last May Day parade in Los Angeles as millions of illegals took to the streets of L.A., waving MEXICAN flags and holding signs about how all whites in this country are illegal and need to go back to Europe. Do those sound like people who want to be Americans to you? There is plenty of information around on the internet if you really cared enough to pull your head out of the sand long enough to research for yourself instead of waiting for someone to spoon feed it to you.

Here's some illegal statistics from the F.B.I. for you in case you were wondering about those enterprising, law abiding illegals who do more than cross the border illegally.

“2006 (First Quarter) INS/FBI Statistical Report on Undocumented Immigrants:”

CRIME STATISTICS
95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens.

86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens.

75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.

24.9% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally

40.1% of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally

48.2% of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally

29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state and federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually

53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.

50% plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border.

71% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or “transport coyotes".

47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.

63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens

66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66% 98% are illegal aliens.

BIRTH STATISTICS
380,000 plus “anchor babies” were born in the U.S. in 2005 to illegal alien parents, making 380,000 babies automatically U.S.citizens.

97.2% of all costs incurred from those births were paid by the American taxpayers.

66% plus of all births in California are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers

Illegal Immigration Counters - Home Page

The link to these and other enlightening statistics can be found at this website under the link "Data Sources."

Old 11-04-2007, 11:06 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
That seems real credible. "Statistics showing that that Mexicans love the U.S" .
"What we did is went to the millions of Mexicans homes and asked them if they loved the U.S."

Why would you need facts on this type of thing?

Old 11-04-2007, 12:09 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Don't you think that the illegal Mexican immigrants have worn out their welcome? I would not support amnesty for any of them. If there is a labor shortage, why not develop a guest worker program that would exclude applicants from Mexico? There are other nations with less resources that are much more deserving and who would be happy to assimilate into American culture.
Yes I do think they've worn out their welcome. I prefer them all to go back and be kept out. However, since the pro illegal argument is always "who will harvest crops", this was my attempt at a compromise and a wake up call that it doesn't take 12-20 million people to do it, so their excuse is not valid. I'm all for finding replacements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prologic
Americans still do construction. They are usually the owners of the companies or the supervisors.
Hold on there Junior. Do you have friends that are in construction? I know I do. All the laborer, roofing, drywall, etc. jobs have been taken over by illegals. HARD WORKING AMERICANS did these jobs for many, many years to support their family. There are only a couple supervisors/formans on a job site, most of the jobs are in labor. Now that American worker bee is out on the street. He may not have the money nor the option to go back to school to be something else. He may be the head of his household and losing his job destroyed his life. Or maybe, just maybe, HE LIKED HIS JOB, and he shouldn't have to find another one, it was HIS. It was stolen by someone who has no right to be here. I'm sure if Americans were illegally migrating to Mexico and stealing Mexican's jobs you'd have some po'd Mexicans, and with good reason. But then again that would never happen, Mexico actually enforces their extremely strict immigration laws, but it's immoral for us to do the same. Makes sense to me.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:06 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,885 times
Kele,

Those are great statistics, but none of them matched questions I had previously asked. You answered my questions based on your personal observations, such as your viewing of the May Day marches. If you want to answer at least one of my questions, carefully read the questions I asked for. If you don't want to answer the questions I asked, it makes no since to continue on. I don't believe your name was STSmith, because my question was directed at him and not you. This was because he claimed he goes by facts, which I figure to be numbers and not personal experiences.
Hint: I never asked for crime statistics for illegal aliens, I wanted facts of how illegal aliens don't assimilate into American culture, which I have yet to see anyone retrieve this information.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Kele,

Those are great statistics, but none of them matched questions I had previously asked. You answered my questions based on your personal observations, such as your viewing of the May Day marches. If you want to answer at least one of my questions, carefully read the questions I asked for. If you don't want to answer the questions I asked, it makes no since to continue on. I don't believe your name was STSmith, because my question was directed at him and not you. This was because he claimed he goes by facts, which I figure to be numbers and not personal experiences.
Hint: I never asked for crime statistics for illegal aliens, I wanted facts of how illegal aliens don't assimilate into American culture, which I have yet to see anyone retrieve this information.
What I want to know is why you expect us to spoon feed this information to you and why you are not interested enough in getting to the truth to do a little research on your own?

Because believe me, the information is certainly out there.

By the way, I believe you said, "Why don't you give factual numbers on maybe how many illegals don't want to be Americans, how many illegal believe in Reconquista, [b]how many illegal don't respect our laws once here,"[/B]

'Nuff said.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Kele,

What I want to know is why you expect us to spoon feed this information to you and why you are not interested enough in getting to the truth to do a little research on your own?

Because believe me, the information is certainly out there.

By the way, I believe you said, "Why don't you give factual numbers on maybe how many illegals don't want to be Americans, how many illegal believe in Reconquista, how many illegal don't respect our laws once here"

'Nuff said.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:18 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Yes I do think they've worn out their welcome. I prefer them all to go back and be kept out. However, since the pro illegal argument is always "who will harvest crops", this was my attempt at a compromise and a wake up call that it doesn't take 12-20 million people to do it, so their excuse is not valid. I'm all for finding replacements.

Hold on there Junior. Do you have friends that are in construction? I know I do. All the laborer, roofing, drywall, etc. jobs have been taken over by illegals. HARD WORKING AMERICANS did these jobs for many, many years to support their family. There are only a couple supervisors/formans on a job site, most of the jobs are in labor. Now that American worker bee is out on the street. He may not have the money nor the option to go back to school to be something else. He may be the head of his household and losing his job destroyed his life. Or maybe, just maybe, HE LIKED HIS JOB, and he shouldn't have to find another one, it was HIS. It was stolen by someone who has no right to be here. I'm sure if Americans were illegally migrating to Mexico and stealing Mexican's jobs you'd have some po'd Mexicans, and with good reason. But then again that would never happen, Mexico actually enforces their extremely strict immigration laws, but it's immoral for us to do the same. Makes sense to me.
Actually yes. My dad does. All of his bosses are White and the only workers are him and my uncle. The reason a lot of Americans did these jobs back then was because only the rich had money for their kids to go to college. I would have no problem for Americans taking jobs in Mexico-- only because I don't plan on working there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration