Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 12:29 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,507,869 times

Advertisements

But who would pick the fruit and vegetables? Yeah, right. What a line of crap that is.

When will these bleeding heart liberals get out of la la land and support efforts to enforce our laws against this invasion and demand the government do what it's supposed to instead of issuing them driver licenses and the likes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 12:36 PM

140 posts, read 111,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Why would I take charge for something that doesn't apply to me? However the post was just clearly a thought which bares to relevance to the overall OP.

What are the consequences to this kind of thinking?
  • One in two adult African-Americans in New York is unemployed. African-American children’s poverty grew by 50 percent since 1999. Why? Their dads can’t find work. - Should this be a concern only to African Americans?
  • It costs you, the taxpayer, $68 billion a year JUST to pay for the resettlement of legal immigrants. - What could we, as a nation, do with an extra $68 Billion?
  • We are $7.384 trillion in debt as of November 1, 2004.
  • This year’s budget deficit exceeds $413 billion.
  • Our trade deficit stands at $400 billion.
  • Our consumer debt exceeds $2 trillion and our average credit card carries an $8,000.00 balance.
  • Our U.S. government borrows $1.6 billion daily from foreign banks, just to stay afloat.
As Americans we are obligated to take responsibility for the actions of those we appoint into public office. It doesn't matter that some of us may not be directly effected, emotions and personal opinions without merit need to be set aside and selfish, self centered egotistical and racially biased remarks have no place on this forum.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:37 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,442 times
Stop trying to compare me with illegal immigration. Illegal immigration should be a federal/states issue.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:13 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,370,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
The following are highlights from Frosty Woodridge’s article: 'Chilling Costs of Illegal Alien Migration' Frosty Wooldridge -- Chilling Costs of Illegal Alien Migration
  • In 2003 57,600 cars were stolen in Phoenix. It is now the car-jacking capital of the world. Most were SUV’s and pickup trucks. Owner losses exceeded $864 million. Worse, how would you like to walk out of your home or business to see your car gone? Imagine the hassle, violation of your hard work and disrespect for your well being.
  • Illegal aliens displaced American workers at a cost in excess of $133 billion dollars last year according to Harvard Professor George Borjas. Center for Immigration Studies
  • Annually, 75 percent of drugs arrive from Mexico at a net cost of $120 billion hard currency that leaves our country for good.
  • Our tax dollars pay $80 billion for the War on Drugs each year.
  • When an alien criminal gets caught for rape, murder or drug distribution, you pay $1.6 billion annually in prison costs to house, feed and clothe those filling 30 percent of our federal and state prisons.
  • According to the Center for Immigration Studies, average annual cost per child K-12 is $7,161.00 and exceeds $109 billion annually per cycle of anchor babies. Center for Immigration Studies
  • The average head of household illegal alien costs you $2,700.00 in welfare money over and above any taxes he or she pays. With 15 to 20 million illegal aliens in the USA, that figures exceeds $20 billion of your tax dollars. (Source: Center for Immigration Studies, August 2004) Center for Immigration Studies
  • $56 billion in pure cash illegal migrants sent to their home countries last year and every year.
  • $55,200.00-lifetime net fiscal drain (taxes paid minus services used) for an adult illegal immigrant. (Who pays? You do! What could you do with an extra $55,200.00? Why should you pay it?)
  • Average bilingual education cost is $1,200.00 per illegal alien student.
  • $27 billion to provide forms, ballots, interpreters and brochures for languages other than English in 2003.
  • $200 million to provide for emergency health care for illegal aliens in the Border States annually.
How can we allow this to continue? What will be the long-term effect? How long before we become a third world nation ourselves? What will life be like for our children? Our children’s children?
The biggest argument supporting this "invasion" is that our economy would crumble but the numbers just don't support that argument.
Consider the profits that the corporations are making by hiring illegals. Consider also that they are breaking federal law ($10,000.00 fine per incident plus up to 5 years in federal prison!). Why are some allowed to flagrantly break the law while others will go to jail for a speeding ticket! I'm not just talking about the illegals but the employers and politicians as well. You can't blame the illegals. This is the land of opportunity. If they can take advantage of our corrupt politicians and dishonest employers why shouldn't they. Especially when the penalties are rarely enforced and even when they are enforced they are minimal.
For the sake of our children’s future we must stop this madness while we still can! For those who support illegal immigration; do the research! Don't let your emotions determine our future.
But God forbid we have to pay more for produce.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
But God forbid we have to pay more for produce.
What's to stop us from having gardens and growing our own produce? If this is the predominant concern why not offer incentives for producing more than you can consume and selling the excess?

Old 11-03-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
What's to stop us from having gardens and growing our own produce? If this is the predominant concern why not offer incentives for producing more than you can consume and selling the excess?
I was being sarcastic. I for one am more than willing to pay more for any goods or services illegals do just to get them out of here. I would even rather take the billions of dollars they cost the US every year and GIVE it to Mexico just so they'll stay there and fix up their own country and stay out of ours.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. I for one am more than willing to pay more for any goods or services illegals do just to get them out of here. I would even rather take the billions of dollars they cost the US every year and GIVE it to Mexico just so they'll stay there and fix up their own country and stay out of ours.
I totally understood that. I was being serious though. When I was a kid we always had a garden. I don't personally trust the food handled by these people. Look at all the cases of diseases being spread by them.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I totally understood that. I was being serious though. When I was a kid we always had a garden. I don't personally trust the food handled by these people. Look at all the cases of diseases being spread by them.
Very true. Many of the illegals hate America with a passion, they feel they're just taking their land back. So spitting or urinating in our produce isn't beyond them in the least. Maybe we sould ask the liberals on here how it is that most counties in Europe manage to have produce without the help of the illegals....

Old 11-03-2007, 03:55 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,382 times
Quote:
Very true. Many of the illegals hate America with a passion, they feel they're just taking their land back. So spitting or urinating in our produce isn't beyond them in the least. Maybe we sould ask the liberals on here how it is that most counties in Europe manage to have produce without the help of the illegals....
A lot of produce in Europe is also picked by migrants, both legal and illegal. A lot of the food in the UK is grown in Spain and Portugal...both countries have large illegal populations, mainly from Africa.

Old 11-03-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
A lot of produce in Europe is also picked by migrants, both legal and illegal. A lot of the food in the UK is grown in Spain and Portugal...both countries have large illegal populations, mainly from Africa.
I said many, not all. The argument that we will not survive as a nation without illegal immirgrants is ridiculous. We will find a way to manage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration