U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 11:43 AM

140 posts, read 79,940 times

Advertisements

The following are highlights from Frosty Woodridge’s article: 'Chilling Costs of Illegal Alien Migration' Frosty Wooldridge -- Chilling Costs of Illegal Alien Migration

• In 2003 57,600 cars were stolen in Phoenix. It is now the car-jacking capital of the world. Most were SUV’s and pickup trucks. Owner losses exceeded $864 million. Worse, how would you like to walk out of your home or business to see your car gone? Imagine the hassle, violation of your hard work and disrespect for your well being.
  • Illegal aliens displaced American workers at a cost in excess of $133 billion dollars last year according to Harvard Professor George Borjas. Center for Immigration Studies
  • Annually, 75 percent of drugs arrive from Mexico at a net cost of $120 billion hard currency that leaves our country for good.
  • Our tax dollars pay $80 billion for the War on Drugs each year.
  • When an alien criminal gets caught for rape, murder or drug distribution, you pay $1.6 billion annually in prison costs to house, feed and clothe those filling 30 percent of our federal and state prisons.
  • According to the Center for Immigration Studies, average annual cost per child K-12 is $7,161.00 and exceeds $109 billion annually per cycle of anchor babies. Center for Immigration Studies
  • The average head of household illegal alien costs you $2,700.00 in welfare money over and above any taxes he or she pays. With 15 to 20 million illegal aliens in the USA, that figures exceeds $20 billion of your tax dollars. (Source: Center for Immigration Studies, August 2004) Center for Immigration Studies
  • $56 billion in pure cash illegal migrants sent to their home countries last year and every year.
  • $55,200.00-lifetime net fiscal drain (taxes paid minus services used) for an adult illegal immigrant. (Who pays? You do! What could you do with an extra $55,200.00? Why should you pay it?)
  • Average bilingual education cost is $1,200.00 per illegal alien student.
  • $27 billion to provide forms, ballots, interpreters and brochures for languages other than English in 2003.
  • $200 million to provide for emergency health care for illegal aliens in the Border States annually.
How can we allow this to continue? What will be the long-term effect? How long before we become a third world nation ourselves? What will life be like for our children? Our children’s children?
The biggest argument supporting this "invasion" is that our economy would crumble but the numbers just don't support that argument.
Consider the profits that the corporations are making by hiring illegals. Consider also that they are breaking federal law ($10,000.00 fine per incident plus up to 5 years in federal prison!). Why are some allowed to flagrantly break the law while others will go to jail for a speeding ticket! I'm not just talking about the illegals but the employers and politicians as well. You can't blame the illegals. This is the land of opportunity. If they can take advantage of our corrupt politicians and dishonest employers why shouldn't they. Especially when the penalties are rarely enforced and even when they are enforced they are minimal.
For the sake of our children’s future we must stop this madness while we still can! For those who support illegal immigration; do the research! Don't let your emotions determine our future.

Last edited by stsmith; 11-03-2007 at 12:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 12:42 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,987,341 times
I think the pro-illegals should have to foot all those bills. They'll change their minds.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I think the pro-illegals should have to foot all those bills. They'll change their minds.
Not a bad idea! We could set it up so that the money is deducted from their paycheck, social security, etc. - forever! Ofcourse this would extend to their children and their children's children, ..................

Old 11-03-2007, 12:52 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,351,773 times
You would think the numbers would shock/scare our government into stopping the illegals, wouldn't you? Truly scary. I don't really have any desire to live in a third world country or I'd move there. I especially don't want MY country turned into a third world country!

Old 11-03-2007, 12:57 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,669,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
Not a bad idea! We could set it up so that the money is deducted from their paycheck, social security, etc. - forever! Ofcourse this would extend to their children and their children's children, ..................
I hope you are being sarcastic--------I would be uber pissed if I were 'punished' for something that my great granddad did.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I hope you are being sarcastic--------I would be uber pissed if I were 'punished' for something that my great granddad did.
The point I was trying to make is that our children will be punished for our actions, or lack therof, if we allow this to continue unabated.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:03 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,166,442 times
Wouldn't affect me. My Grandparents and their children came here legally back in the late 70's.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Wouldn't affect me. My Grandparents and their children came here legally back in the late 70's.
This type of response is part of the problem. People think that if the situation doesn't directly effect them, immediately, it is of little to no concern. However, responsible adults are obligated to look at the big picture, in the long term.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:15 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,987,341 times
Quote:
This type of response is part of the problem. People think that if the situation doesn't directly effect them, immediately, it is of little to no concern. However, responsible adults are obligated to look at the big picture, in the long term.
Exactly. I think part of the downfall of this country will be such a self-centered view and a lack of any kind of social consciousness or sense of collective responsibility. It makes me sick.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:20 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,166,442 times
Quote:
Why would I take charge for something that doesn't apply to me? However the post was just clearly a thought which bares to relevance to the overall OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or