U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Labor can be considered a form of commerce.
Could be - BUT, is not

 
Old 11-08-2007, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
I don't consider a specific instance of a misdemeanor, the equivalent to an utter disregard for our laws. Especially, if employers are willing to hire them to work as hard or harder than you.
Employer sanction laws will go far in eliminating the "willingness" to hire illegals Daniel
 
Old 11-08-2007, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
A well regulated militia of minute men could provide a useful service to fellow citizens, in search and rescue missions, and in cases of natural disasters.
The minutemen are volunteers. They are not military. They are local. And, they do already provide a useful service to their fellow citizens Daniel
 
Old 11-08-2007, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
I don't consider a specific instance of a misdemeanor, the equivalent to an utter disregard for our laws. Especially, if employers are willing to hire them to work as hard or harder than you.

Prohibition only works against market forces for a short time. Why do you insist on wasting your time for such a limited objective?

A well regulated militia of minute men could provide a useful service to fellow citizens, in search and rescue missions, and in cases of natural disasters.
Why do you insist on ignoring the plethera of laws violated and instead focus on border crossing? Tax evasion/fraud, Identity theft, these are hardly misdemeanors. Especially to the victims. The fact that many that cross are criminals in their own country. The fact that many who cross also carry disease. The fact that many who cross commit violent crimes. The fact that many don't is irrelevent to the problem. The problem is we have just laws in place that if enforced could and would be effective. The fact is even 1 victim of crime committed by an illegal is too many. Making excuses for people that have noregard for us laws, no regard for proper procedures to enter our land only emboldens them. Fact they are here illegally and it is hurting the nation as a whole. Their previous situation is not our concern, our only concern is controling who enters and why.
 
Old 11-08-2007, 10:09 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
I think the Minutemen are only misguided in their mission.

They would be much more useful if they offered gun safety classes to gun lovers, and assisted local law enforcement efforts, whenever additional manpower can make the most difference in the least amount of time.
Gun safety classes? You're kidding, right?

Talk about misguided....
 
Old 11-08-2007, 10:27 AM
 
2 posts, read 3,475 times
Reputation: 10
Note: Be wary of anyone asking for any personal info about minutemen, national, or state militia movements. They are often moles for global communists and anarchists data mining and compiling national databases of names.

Minutemen are a great organization of Patriots!

MOD CUT


Welcome to Jim Gilchrist's Minuteman Project Patriots Protecting America

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-08-2007 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: grammar errors, no financial encouragement please (NewtoCA)
 
Old 11-08-2007, 12:41 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Labor can be considered a form of commerce.
Point? Interstate commerce law does not negate immigration law. You're not making a bit of sense.

Quote:
States do not have any constitutional authority to care if someone is from out of state, or from out of State.
Show me this law.
Quote:
The authority to enforce state per capita customs laws expired in 1808.
What is "per capita" customs law?

Again, none of this is relevant to immigration law. The states are not enacting immigration law, so your argument is moot.
 
Old 11-08-2007, 12:46 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos
Prohibition only works against market forces for a short time. Why do you insist on wasting your time for such a limited objective?
"Prohibition" involves the consumption of substances. Prohibition is used to describe the outlawing of (usually addictive) drugs which are injested by individuals. "Prohibition" is not a catch-all word that is synonymous with "illegality."

Twisted rhetoric is not a convincing argument, but sadly, that's all the pro-illegal side has to use.
 
Old 11-08-2007, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
"Prohibition" involves the consumption of substances. Prohibition is used to describe the outlawing of (usually addictive) drugs which are injested by individuals. "Prohibition" is not a catch-all word that is synonymous with "illegality."

Twisted rhetoric is not a convincing argument, but sadly, that's all the pro-illegal side has to use.
Damn I wish I had said it like you did. Awsome post.
 
Old 11-08-2007, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
We were referring to black market labor participation, specifically. Simply being illegal to local laws is a local matter and does not require jaywalking across state lines, as attested to by many citizens who are also capable of illegalities, without having to jaywalk across a state line.

We already covered state's rights and powers specifically denied to them (the states) in the Constitution.
You and your jaywalking bit. You astound me with your misinterpretation of the US constitution, and your belief that an illegal alien should be protected under it. Well Daniel, I have a scenario for you, let's see how you would feel:

A Phillipino illegal immigrant and his family of 8 jump your fence in the middle of the night and move into your house, therefor commiting the crime of trespassing. One of his family members has TB. Another one is a rapist, another one a gangbanger, and another is a drug dealer. The other ones are nice people though. However, the Phillipino man insists that you pay for his food and medical expenses. He then takes your job and the factory, but that's ok, you didn't want that job anyway. Plus, (by your own words Daniel), he is willing to work as hard or harder than you, without benefits, and for half the pay. He doesn't really need benefits anyway, he makes you pay for them. While doing your taxes, the Phillipino man is relaxing because he doesn't have to pay them.
Gang activity is increasingly present in your home, and one of your children has caught TB. You get tired of this, but when you asked them to leave, they refuse, they demand their rights. Your tired of not being able to understand them, and think they should learn English so you can communicate with them while they're in your home. You are labeled a racist and told you're afraid of culture. You're told you need to learn Tagalogue to cater to them. Now, more Phillipinos are hopping your fence and moving into your house, some good, some bad. But you don't care whether they're good or not anymore, you just want them to get out of your home and go back to their own. You wouldn't have minded at all if they would have got your permission first like every other guest that comes into your home, but these illegals feel that they don't have to. You are labeled a racist, and your neighbors, especially the rich ones in big houses who don't have to deal with your problem tell you "What's the big deal, they're not hurting anyone".
More and more illegals are jumping your fence and moving into your home every night. Some of your neighbors decide they are going to volunteer their time to patrol the fences in the neighborhood at night to help keep any more from coming in. You are very greatful, as are most of your other neighbors, but some of your neighbors despise these people trying to help you and label them as racist and tell them they should help in natural disasters or aid in gun safety training. They say that the illegals moving into and ruining your home is not a big deal, that the volunteers trying to keep more illegals from moving into your home should be doing something else.
Now you have lost your job, your child has TB, there are 40 people living in your house that you cannot communicate with, they blast their music to where you can't sleep all through the night, there are guns and drugs in your house, and you can't stand it anymore. The illegal man's wife gives birth in your home, and because of the 14th amendment your home is now just as much his as it is yours. Big businesses are continuing to encourage more people to move into your home by hiring all of them, mainly because it's good for business. They're getting rich off the illegals. You complain to the government, but nothing gets done, big businesses make big contibutions to politicians so they will not push anti-illegal immigration laws. You join a forum to discuss your frustrations, and most agree with you because it's happening to them. Some call you heartless or racist, or they try to twist words from the constitution to convince you the people who are taking over your house should be there. They're nice hard working people.
Now you are so fed up with the crap you have to put up with and the fact that you have to support all these people that you move out of your OWN HOME. You don't feel there's any way in hell you should have to move out of your own home, but the government, big businesses and liberals are allowing this, if not encouraging it to happen.
Would you be angry at all this Daniel? All the things that you have gone through and will go through again in your new home if nothing is done? Would you be angry? But why? I mean these are just nice people looking for a better life. And after all, the only crime they really commited was trespassing.

Last edited by SimpleMan; 11-08-2007 at 01:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top