Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 11:34 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
It somehow gives the impression that they are tooting their own horn in that particular instance.

Don't you think their time would be better spent, offering gun safety courses, helping local law enforcement ensure the domestic tranquility, and being on-call for search and rescue missions when time is of the essence?

What need is there for duplication of services when there is no invasion or rebellion requiring federal service and the states are not constitutionally obligated to enforce federal laws; and, could be seen as an infringement of separation of powers in our form of federalism?

I agree with you that our government is not doing a good job of formulating better public policy. A market friendly work visa would eliminate the need for people to engage in black market migrant labor participation.

I am not sure how you reached your conclusion on racism? Is that you favorite stereotype or has history made you defensive?
I'd be interested to know where you live. I don't know how you've come to some of your conclusions, but I'm going to gather that you're nowhere close to our southern border?

Old 11-04-2007, 11:48 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I'd be interested to know where you live. I don't know how you've come to some of your conclusions, but I'm going to gather that you're nowhere close to our southern border?
I am more interested in a rational discussion, than engaging in the fallacy of argumentum ad hominem.

You claim the Minutemen are not tooting their own horn in regards to our republic, and the Constitution upon which exists the basis for our laws.

What need is there for duplication of services when there is no invasion or rebellion requiring federal service and the states are not constitutionally obligated to enforce federal laws; and, could be seen as an infringement of the separation of powers in our form of federalism?

Sincerely,

Daniel Palos
federalist

Old 11-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
I think they would be more patriotic, if they made themselves available to local law enforcement in times of natural disaster or when there are large-scale disturbances of the domestic tranquility of the state, or simple search and rescue missions; however, that is something they have not been clamoring for in the media.
A national emergency already exists at the border. Helping protect the border is vital at this time. That is their current mission.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I am more interested in a rational discussion, than engaging in the fallacy of argumentum ad hominem.

You claim the Minutemen are not tooting their own horn in regards to our republic, and the Constitution upon which exists the basis for our laws.

What need is there for duplication of services when there is no invasion or rebellion requiring federal service and the states are not constitutionally obligated to enforce federal laws; and, could be seen as an infringement of the separation of powers in our form of federalism?

Sincerely,

Daniel Palos
federalist
One man's source for cheap, exploitative, slave labor is another man's invasion.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
A national emergency already exists at the border. Helping protect the border is vital at this time. That is their current mission.
What national emergency exists at the border? The Twin Towers were not at the border.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
One man's source for cheap, exploitative, slave labor is another man's invasion.
Exploiting public policy for the special interest gain of your constituents can be worse than market friendly public policy that actually reduces public and private sector costs.

Being paid precludes actual slave labor. Many legal people are "wage slaves", but you don't hear anyone complaining about that.

Some people don't understand the word, "invasion". It usually refers to armed conflict and a form of state of war.

We have a civil and peaceful Free Trade Agreement with our neighbors.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
What national emergency exists at the border? The Twin Towers were not at the border.
No kiddin, they were on US soil, and with compromised borders you and I are in jeapordy. For national security reasons alone we need to secure our borders. Estimated 44,000 Americans killed by illegals since 9/11 along with drugs gangs disease sexual preditors entering. It's a big issue and I applaud the minutemen for helping.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Exploiting public policy for the special interest gain of your constituents can be worse than market friendly public policy that actually reduces public and private sector costs.

Being paid precludes actual slave labor. Many legal people are "wage slaves", but you don't hear anyone complaining about that.

Some people don't understand the word, "invasion". It usually refers to armed conflict and a form of state of war.

We have a civil and peaceful Free Trade Agreement with our neighbors.
Dramatic Rise In Border Violence, Drug Smuggling
October 25, 2007

While increased security on the Mexican border has reduced the number of illegal crossers, it has also magnified violence among professional smugglers connected to drug cartels that often outgun U.S. Border Patrol agents.

Soon-to-be-released Homeland Security statistics reveal that the U.S. crackdown has indeed deterred Individuals from attempting to enter the country illegally, but it has also created a lucrative human smuggling enterprise operated by heavily armed drug cartels that charge up to $6,000 a person.

Essentially, smalltime smuggling operations have been replaced with sophisticated ones run by Mexico’s notorious cocaine cartels. Smugglers now carry high-caliber weapons, use military tactics to evade capture and dress in camouflage uniforms. Often gunfights occur between rival smuggling gangs or gangs that hijack each other’s human cargo as they make their way north.

More...
http://www.corruptionchronicles.com/2007/10/dramatic_rise_in_border_violen.html (broken link)

Keep hiding your head in the sand. Ostrich is a good look for you. After all, it works for our government doesn't it?

Old 11-04-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
LOL!! They don't look very wealthy. If they were smart with their money they wouldn't spend their day sipping coffee and taking the law into their hands.
See...at 17 you think you know it all, but you can't even recognize sarcasm when it walks up and kisses you on the mouth.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
No kiddin, they were on US soil, and with compromised borders you and I are in jeapordy. For national security reasons alone we need to secure our borders. Estimated 44,000 Americans killed by illegals since 9/11 along with drugs gangs disease sexual preditors entering. It's a big issue and I applaud the minutemen for helping.
Circular reasoning doesn't do much for your argument. Why are the Minutemen on the border if the towers were not on the border?

Quote:
Overall, 42,636 people died in car crashes in the U.S. last year.

Source: Gov't released auto death data - Aug. 1, 2005
Do you also suggest the Minutemen muster for the "driving militia" to prevent those deaths from, mostly, legal residents in the US for national security reasons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration