Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:44 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Why would Al Qaeda use those tactics, if they were already using the tactics of coming legally? Wouldn't it make more sense to continue a practice that worked in the past?
The "why" question should be posed to Al Qaeda - personally, I deal in the "what is" rather than the "why" -

And, the "what is" is, they are crossing the southern border and there is significant concerns about the Northern border - particularily in light of certain Canadian apprehensions of Al Qaeda associated individuals in Canada -
When I've been on the border with the Minutemen, I personally carry a Glock Model 19.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:46 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The "why" question should be posed to Al Qaeda - personally, I deal in the "what is" rather than the "why" -

And, the "what is" is, they are crossing the southern border and there is significant concerns about the Northern border - particularily in light of certain Canadian apprehensions of Al Qaeda associated individuals in Canada -
When I've been on the border with the Minutemen, I personally carry a Glock Model 19.
Observation, why does it seem most anti-illegals are gun owners? Is there a correlation there?

Old 11-05-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Observation, why does it seem most anti-illegals are gun owners? Is there a correlation there?
Nope - not at all

You might be surprised how many of the coyotes are also gun owners

Old 11-05-2007, 10:48 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,542 times
Yes. Crossing the border without inspection is a misdemeanor and equivalent to jaywalking (across a state line). Why does it mean more to you than the it does to the law? Perhaps, you should read the Constitution.

What do monkeys have to do with anything, but a flawed view of doing unto others as you would have others do unto you? Or do you also advocate removing "under God" from the pledge so you won't have to engage in forms of hypocrisy?

Quote:
As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil Government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.
- George Washington, 1st US President, Federalist

Old 11-05-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Yes. Crossing the border without inspection is a misdemeanor and equivalent to jaywalking (across a state line).
Do you own a home? Do you want anyone entering upon your property without your permission? If someone does enter upon your property without your permission, and you tell them to leave, and they do not, what are you going to do?

Old 11-05-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:

What is the current method of determining what organization irregulars actually belong to, since they do not carry ID cards stating they are in the non-uniformed Terror Division of Al Qaeda? Or do you also believe in Tooth Fairies.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I have noticed the correlation of gun lovers, loving their guns more than their republic.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Do you own a home? Do you want anyone entering upon your property without your permission? If someone does enter upon your property without your permission, and you tell them to leave, and they do not, what are you going to do?
Trespassing is crime that is of concern to private property owners. A rational person would wonder why we have public policy that doesn't encourage legal market migrant labor participation, instead of prohibitionist policies that require individuals to have to engage in less desirable activities, when they could be pursuing happiness with better public policy.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
What is the current method of determining what organization irregulars actually belong to, since they do not carry ID cards stating they are in the non-uniformed Terror Division of Al Qaeda?
You need to pose your query to the FBI / CIA / Homeland Security

Old 11-05-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Trespassing is crime that is of concern to private property owners. A rational person would wonder why we have public policy that doesn't encourage legal market migrant labor participation, instead of prohibitionist policies that require individuals to have to engage in less desirable activities, when they could be pursuing happiness with better public policy.
Let me ask you this: Please, tell us one country, just one, anywhere in the world, that does not require, as a condition of permanent immigration, permission of the country one seeks to immigrate to -

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration