Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 12:02 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
I thought you were discussing terrorists, as separate and distinct, from jaywalkers across state lines.
If all they did was jay walk across the border and then walk straight back, I don't think we'd have this forum, so stop pretending it's just "jaywalking". It them STAYING here that's the problem. The financial drain, the loss of American jobs, the increased crime, the uncontolled growth, THESE are why the minutemen are trying to stop them from coming here in the first place. Also I noticed many of your post to say the same phrase, word for word, over and over again. Are you plagiarizing something, or do you repeat yourself on purpose?

Old 11-05-2007, 12:04 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Why are you making a bigger deal than is required for a misdemeanor?
"Big Deal" -

Let's see - it is a violation of law for one

Then, the cost to the taxpayers of my state: Illegals, in fiscal year 2006, cost the taxpayers, COST the taxpayers over $1 BILLLION Dollars -

So you will have to excuse me but, the above two items are "Big" DEALS to me

Old 11-05-2007, 12:06 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Well to me and most Americans, America IS private property. The govenment is doing nothing about it, so citizens are taking it into their own hands. Expect to see more of that if someone with a liberal immigration position is elected president. We the people have had enough.
And for everyone's information, I don't own A gun, I own 5. Yes there are a lot of us gun owning, NRA member, good ole boy red blooded Americans still around. You say it like it's a bad thing, I don't belive it is. Texas has a right to carry law and has one of the lowest crime rates in the nation. Wonder why that is. And if that's how us "anti-illegals" are perceived, why does it seem that all the "pro-illegals" are either 1) Wealthy Liberals who do not have to deal with this situation (other than paying their maid or gardener), 2) People of the same race as an illegal (any illegal) who tend to use emotion for their standings, not logic, or 3) High school or college students who have extremely limited real world experience? Yet almost all middle class citizens are tired of the illegal problem, ever wonder why that is?
Then you, and most Americans don't know enough about our Constitution and its separation of powers. The 1A, 2A, and 9A specifically preclude the communism you and most Americans that share your view, seem to believe in. (I know you don't really believe that, it was just too easy to make the counter-point.)

Why not simply advocate for more infrastructure development, instead of policies that only drain the national treasury without offering anything in return?

How many more schools, colleges, public transportation, etc. could we have already built, but for the artificial wars on drugs and terror?

Old 11-05-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
How many more schools, colleges, public transportation, etc. could we have already built, but for the artificial wars on drugs and terror?
I believe this to be off topic -

Old 11-05-2007, 12:15 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times
Quote:
Then you, and most Americans don't don't know enough about our Constitution. The 1A, 2A, and 9A specifically preclude the communism you and most Americans that share your view, seem to believe in. (I know you don't really believe that, it was just too easy to make the counter-point.)

Why not simply advocate for more infrastructure development, instead of policies that only drain the national treasury without offering anything in return?
Well, obviously this argument with you will go no where. I just rest easy knowing you and people like you have the minority opinion.

Quote:
Artificial? Are you serious? I'm pretty sure almost 4,000 innocent people died on 9/11, I would call that way too real. Any measure to stop that from happening again is necessary. And the war on drugs? You've seen no one's life ruined by drugs? Would you want your child addicted to crack? Your daughter doing horrible things to get more herion? Say what you want about immigration, but the war on these things are more than justified my friend.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Are you aware of the laws (state) regarding the prohibition of human smuggling (a felony) in the State of Arizona? I don't believe you do for, this is one of the laws being enforced

Are you aware that many local law enforcement officers have also been federally sworn, and trained, and these officers are enforcing US Customs laws - as federal officers? I don't believe you do for, if you did, you would recognize the error in your above statement
It depends on your view of human smuggling. How many of those people are engaged in the voluntary activity of migrating to better their livelihood.

There is no specifically enumerated power in the the US Constitution for states enforcing federal customs laws. The power of the states to enforce ("national") customs was nullified (via expiration) in 1808 in Article 1, Section 9 of the Constitution regarding powers denied to the states.

How do you justify all those enforcement costs, when market friendly public policy could reduce public and private sector costs? Do you also advocate paying higher taxes?

Old 11-05-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
How do you justify all those enforcement costs, when market friendly public policy could reduce public and private sector costs. Do you also advocate paying higher taxes?
The taxpayers of the State are very comfortable with the costs

Old 11-05-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Well, obviously this argument with you will go no where. I just rest easy knowing you and people like you have the minority opinion.

Artificial? Are you serious? I'm pretty sure almost 4,000 innocent people died on 9/11, I would call that way too real. Any measure to stop that from happening again is necessary. And the war on drugs? You've seen no one's life ruined by drugs? Would you want your child addicted to crack? Your daughter doing horrible things to get more herion? Say what you want about immigration, but the war on these things are more than justified my friend.
More people die from gun related deaths in the US than died on 911 due to an intentional collision with a building by people not authorized to fly the plane. Do you also advocate a war on gun ownership?

Old 11-05-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
It depends on your view of human smuggling.
Human Smuggling is enumerated in ARS 13-2319 et seq

Old 11-05-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The taxpayers of the State are very comfortable with the costs
If you are already comfortable with higher costs, why complain about the costs of illegals, when they are actually contributing to our largest economy in the world status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration