Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2007, 01:34 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
You point is only valid if you also consider paying a fine on a fixit ticket to be the equivalent of rewarding someone for being an illegal in that instance.
Wow! Your analogies are mind-bending.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:36 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
We have a Ninth Amendment, and the states are specifically denied and disparaged the power to impair in the obligation of contracts (between private individuals that may result in employment).
What on earth does interstate commerce have to do with illegal immigration?

Furthermore, I'm certain you're aware that a contract entered into illegally is null and void?

Old 11-08-2007, 08:51 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Carefully read the original post, SimpleMan. You can be an anti-illegal immigration activist and still not be associated as a Minutmen.
I think the Minutemen are only misguided in their mission.

They would be much more useful if they offered gun safety classes to gun lovers, and assisted local law enforcement efforts, whenever additional manpower can make the most difference in the least amount of time.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
You will obviously never accept the information that many, many people on here have presented you with. The fact that NOT ONE person has agreed with your point of view should tell you something. It's clear to me that trying to reason with you will get me nor anyone else on this thread anything but aggrevation, so I am done with you. Good day.
You may have missed the point. Where in the US Constitution is any enumerated state or individual power to enforce US customs laws?

Old 11-08-2007, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Uh...no. There are those pesky residence and work requirements that one must follow.

Your jaywalking analogy is fallacious. Going along the same lines, a valid analogy would be walking to the middle of the street and refusing to move.

That states are not obligated says nothing about states' rights.

My oh my. What glorious demagoguery.
We were referring to black market labor participation, specifically. Simply being illegal to local laws is a local matter and does not require jaywalking across state lines, as attested to by many citizens who are also capable of illegalities, without having to jaywalk across a state line.

We already covered state's rights and powers specifically denied to them (the states) in the Constitution.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:59 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:

They would be much more useful if they offered gun safety classes to gun lovers, and assisted local law enforcement efforts, whenever additional manpower can make the most difference in the least amount of time.
Gun lovers are well aware of gun safety. Its criminals who seem to have a problem with not understanding basic safety. Such as never point your weapon at another person.
As much as I detest liberal anti gun mentality I would never point a weapon at one. Why? Because I am no criminal.
Some of the minute men have been heavy handed. I look at the cause. Just as Libs like to say they look at cause as to why illegals choose to utterly disregard our laws.
The minute men are fed up and frustrated with a system that refuses to enforce our standing laws in regards to illegal immigrants and drug mules crossing our borders. As citizens they have choosen to patrol our borders and to help prevent as many crossings as possible. They have in fact had an impact. I dare say more of an impact than our elected officials in the last year.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What on earth does interstate commerce have to do with illegal immigration?

Furthermore, I'm certain you're aware that a contract entered into illegally is null and void?
Labor can be considered a form of commerce.

States do not have any constitutional authority to care if someone is from out of state, or from out of State. The authority to enforce state per capita customs laws expired in 1808.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Gun lovers are well aware of gun safety. Its criminals who seem to have a problem with not understanding basic safety. Such as never point your weapon at another person.
As much as I detest liberal anti gun mentality I would never point a weapon at one. Why? Because I am no criminal.
Some of the minute men have been heavy handed. I look at the cause. Just as Libs like to say they look at cause as to why illegals choose to utterly disregard our laws.
The minute men are fed up and frustrated with a system that refuses to enforce our standing laws in regards to illegal immigrants and drug mules crossing our borders. As citizens they have choosen to patrol our borders and to help prevent as many crossings as possible. They have in fact had an impact. I dare say more of an impact than our elected officials in the last year.
I don't consider a specific instance of a misdemeanor, the equivalent to an utter disregard for our laws. Especially, if employers are willing to hire them to work as hard or harder than you.

Prohibition only works against market forces for a short time. Why do you insist on wasting your time for such a limited objective?

A well regulated militia of minute men could provide a useful service to fellow citizens, in search and rescue missions, and in cases of natural disasters.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:09 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Labor can be considered a form of commerce.

States do not have any constitutional authority to care if someone is from out of state, or from out of State. The authority to enforce state per capita customs laws expired in 1808.
Staes do have a right to enforce tax evasion laws and prosecute those who commit them. By working without a valid visa thus not paying taxes. They also have a right to prosecute for fraud . By Using a false name or stolen identity once again falls within the the rights of the state. Checking for valid residency status or immigration status helps to enforce these laws. Bottom line is states and communities do have the right to pursue those who are here illegally. Perhaps not under immigration but for the plethera of other crimes they commit.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:34 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:

A) There are no need for them to do gun safety classes Daniel. As I have previously pointed out to you, several times, there are gun safety classes available, in AZ, 7 days a week. OBTW, several of the minutemen I know are also gun safety instructors / NRA

B) They are assisting local law enforcement efforts - and many of the minutemen are doing search and rescue missions for those crossing illegally, in the desert, in the summer - and have been credited with saving the lives of a significant number of illegals.

C) The minutemen are VOLUNTEERS. The are spending their free time as they wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration