Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 04:46 PM

447 posts, read 798,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
There should be no poverty in the U.S in the first place. We can't say were are this super power highly developed advanced nation if poverty is still an issue. Any family with a father in the household has no reason to have no money to buy food. I do however believe that Veterans should get help. They fought for this country and should be rewarded for their service. Elderly..? Undecided.

there should be no poverty anywhere in the world...yet isnt it the proillegals argument for the masses of illegals coming from mexico?
let us take care of our own...they should take care of theirs.
sorry you feel the way you do about charity ...if i am not wrong, i think thats part of being american.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 05:04 PM

447 posts, read 798,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
1. It's not a crime, its a civil offense
2. It would be too hard to hunt down over 20 million people
3. It would be too expensive
4. It's just impractical

Solution:
1. Make them serve what ever jail time they are sentenced to (if any)
2. Make them pay a fine
3. Make them take a test on American law and English

prologic...

1. what do you think a civil offence is? a birthday party?
2. one by one as they break other laws we can capture and deport.(the illegal who almost killed my husband was arrested and held in custody three seperate time for three seperate offences, yet was not deported once). doesnt sound too hard to me.
3.as opposed to the costs the american taxpayer is paying already????expence at this point is irrelevant.
4.impracticale...im·prac·ti·cal (m-prkt-kl) [SIZE=-2]KEY [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]ADJECTIVE: [/SIZE]
  1. Unwise to implement or maintain in practice: [SIZE=+0]Refloating the sunken ship proved impractical because of the great expense.[/SIZE]
  2. Incapable of dealing efficiently with practical matters, especially finances.
  3. Not a part of experience, fact, or practice; theoretical.
  4. Impracticable. See Usage Note at impracticable.
impractical - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo! Education

if it is unwise to implement, why?
are you saying we are incaplable to enforce our immigration laws, if given the opportunity?

as for your solution,
1.good thought, it definetly is a good thought.
2. another good thought.
both are required but rarely enforced.
3.already a law for anyone wanting to become an american citizen...but alot if not most of mexican illegals in the media,( sorry ..i havent seen one european or african or asian illegal screaming at me to learn their language or give the free crap...) do not want to be americans, they want to be mexicans and they want "their " country back.
enforcement is essential...not impractiacle.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:51 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
I was going to post this speech, but did a search and found this thread. Most have probably read this. However, I suspect many have not. This is a frightening reality.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:10 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I was going to post this speech, but did a search and found this thread. Most have probably read this. However, I suspect many have not. This is a frightening reality.
I distinctly remember when Lamm made this speech. Needless to say,"it" really 'hit the fan', and the shock-waves reverberated for some time. He was called "hateful", 'fear-monger', 'racist', all the expected stuff.

My feeling, though, is MOSTLY people got upset because here was a one-time high government official, and what he said 'hit a nerve'. You can get mad, you can snort, grumble, and gripe...but you just can't refute this stuff. It speaks for itself.

I can only PRAY that "certain people" on this forum don't open up this link, Benicar. I just can't bear the thought of another 3-week marathon of angry, in-your-face 'disclaimers'.

Last edited by macmeal; 07-09-2008 at 06:25 PM..

Old 07-09-2008, 06:22 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,247 times
Every point made by the government is truth, and most are happening to our country right now.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:02 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
BULL****. Multiculturalism did not build this country, different ethnic groups yes, but not multiculturalism,

Chinese Americans call themselves Americans. German Americans call themselves Americans. Any other person with ethnic ties to other countries (99.9) calls themselves Americans. These illegal Mexicans who live in America, and even many legal Mexicans call themselves Mexicans, not Americans.

We now have a Spanish-Quebec running amock in America. This country has built itself around the culture and identity of AMERICA. We don't call it the Mexican-American dream, we call it the American dream. We don't predominantly speak two languages, we speak English.

Rocky Balboa: The Italian Stallion!

Kiss Me, I'm Irish!

I'm tired of this whole country against Mexican thing. Why does illegal immigration warrant Mexicans to be labelled the worst at everything.

Mexican-American neighborhoods are crummy like Black neighborhoods? Its their fault!

Mexican immigrants refuse to speak English like Vietnamese, Koreans, etc.

Mexican-American waves Mexican flags! No other other ethnic group waves other countries flags!

Mexican immigrants don't assimilate, but everyone else does.

Now we're the only ones who refer to ourselves by our country of origin? Please.
Lots of Italians refer to themselves as Italian. Check Brooklyn or Staten Island.
Lots of Koreans refer to themselves as Koreans in LA.
Etc etc etc.
But at the same time, they will all say they are American when asked for their nationality.
There are a lot of cultures in this country, and people sometimes like to identify with them. Its not treason.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:39 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

Mexican-American waves Mexican flags!
But at the same time, they will all say they are American when asked for their nationality.
There are a lot of cultures in this country, and people sometimes like to identify with them. Its not treason.
And did it occur to you that the waving of the Mexican flag by a people who espouse hatred at our culture kinda pissed us off a tad.

What makes you thin that us whities cant get pissed about something/

Proclaim your culture thats fine. No problem.
Be proud of your family heritage, Iam.
But dont get in my face and then act all offended when I get back.
Its that simple.

You wanna be an American we think thats great.
You wanna be a member of Atzlan, here in OUR country, not YOUR country well thats gonna **** us off........
What part of that dont you under stand.............???????

Old 07-10-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

Kiss Me, I'm Irish!

I'm tired of this whole country against Mexican thing. Why does illegal immigration warrant Mexicans to be labelled the worst at everything.

Mexican-American neighborhoods are crummy like Black neighborhoods? Its their fault!

Mexican immigrants refuse to speak English like Vietnamese, Koreans, etc.

Mexican-American waves Mexican flags! No other other ethnic group waves other countries flags!

Mexican immigrants don't assimilate, but everyone else does.

Now we're the only ones who refer to ourselves by our country of origin? Please.
Lots of Italians refer to themselves as Italian. Check Brooklyn or Staten Island.
Lots of Koreans refer to themselves as Koreans in LA.
Etc etc etc.
I think it's just something about the American culture...something hard to 'put a finger on', but it's there. You sense it, and so do I.

For SOME reason, it's just an "American thing" to make special allowances for 'colorful people' who are seen as 'interesting'. Don't ask me why, but for some reason, Americans just seem to have a 'soft spot' in their hearts for Italians, Irish, Lithuanians, Chinese, Vietnamese, Arabs, Indians, Pakistanis, Norwegians, Argentinians, Germans, Brazilians, Moroccans, Greeks, Poles, Swedes, Filipinos, Koreans, Cubans, Bolivians, Canadians, Turks, Albanians, Mongolians, Bangladeshis, Cambodians, Nigerians, and Kenyans....

But for SOME reason, Americans just all seem to get together and HATE MEXICANS!....I can't explain it...There's just some 'flaw' in the American character, I guess. It would take a psychiatrist to put a 'label' on it, and I'm not sure even THAT would clear it up. It's like there's a whole NATION of educated, intelligent, normally 'nice' people, who for some reason, just 'got up one morning' and decided to HATE another culture....and ONLY 'that' specific culture. Go figure. It's as if they're determined NEVER to give Mexicans an even chance, period. Very troubling....PARTICULARLY so, in view of the fact that these Mexicans have bent over BACKWARD to try to get on our "good side". It's sad they way they try so hard to 'fit in', yet keep getting rebuffed. Some Americans have a LOT of explaining to do, if you ask me.

It's a mystery to me...but you've pointed it out....and I sense it, too.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:24 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I think it's just something about the American culture...something hard to 'put a finger on', but it's there. You sense it, and so do I.

For SOME reason, it's just an "American thing" to make special allowances for 'colorful people' who are seen as 'interesting'. Don't ask me why, but for some reason, Americans just seem to have a 'soft spot' in their hearts for Italians, Irish, Lithuanians, Chinese, Vietnamese, Arabs, Indians, Pakistanis, Norwegians, Argentinians, Germans, Brazilians, Moroccans, Greeks, Poles, Swedes, Filipinos, Koreans, Cubans, Bolivians, Canadians, Turks, Albanians, Mongolians, Bangladeshis, Cambodians, Nigerians, and Kenyans....

But for SOME reason, Americans just all seem to get together and HATE MEXICANS!....I can't explain it...There's just some 'flaw' in the American character, I guess. It would take a psychiatrist to put a 'label' on it, and I'm not sure even THAT would clear it up. It's like there's a whole NATION of educated, intelligent, normally 'nice' people, who for some reason, just 'got up one morning' and decided to HATE another culture....and ONLY 'that' specific culture. Go figure. It's as if they're determined NEVER to give Mexicans an even chance, period. Very troubling....PARTICULARLY so, in view of the fact that these Mexicans have bent over BACKWARD to try to get on our "good side". It's sad they way they try so hard to 'fit in', yet keep getting rebuffed. Some Americans have a LOT of explaining to do, if you ask me.

It's a mystery to me...but you've pointed it out....and I sense it, too.

Great points! It’s an enigma that I am certainly not qualified to explain. Why on earth would U.S. citizens resent being used and abused? Why would we not embrace being referred to as racists, nativists, xenophobes, or haters? Why would we not encourage people illegally residing in this country to thumb their noses at us, laugh at the non-enforcement of our laws, ridicule us for our stupidity, and dare us to object?

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again; if we had millions of Nigerians invading our country, there would be no end to the outrage from groups such as La Raza. It would be considered intolerable and unacceptable, and there certainly would not be much compassion from the “Hispanic” community, including Mexicans. The concept of Black/Brown unity would be nonexistent.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Great points! It’s an enigma that I am certainly not qualified to explain. Why on earth would U.S. citizens resent being used and abused? Why would we not embrace being referred to as racists, nativists, xenophobes, or haters? Why would we not encourage people illegally residing in this country to thumb their noses at us, laugh at the non-enforcement of our laws, ridicule us for our stupidity, and dare us to object?
I can't even imagine.....why, indeed? We need to open our minds, that's for sure.....and it would be good to remember, when things don't SEEM to be making sense, to "Turn that FROWN upside DOWN".......=
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration