U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:31 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Your criticisms cross the line between illegals and Latino Americans many times.

And Latino groups have worked with Black groups many times over the history of this country because of the problems they SHARE.
Your accusations of Latinos using Blacks is totally out of left field, and there is no reason for you to make that accusation other than thats how you feel.

But you are too narrowminded to acknowledge any Latino issue besides immigration. And that issue you makes you bitter enough(for some reason) to be against any kind of Black-Brown Unity.

Its people like you that prevent the groups from having any kind of cooperation. But I guess if you don't live in the communities where both groups are heavily represented, its easy to not care and not see the similarities and instead focuse on immigration.
Why do you insist on making no distinction between illegal aliens and legal Hispanics? Please find one post where I have denigrated the Hispanic community. My gripe is with illegal aliens and their enablers. La Raza is not what you would like to believe, and I will not change my opinion of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 03:36 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why do you insist on making no distinction between illegal aliens and legal Hispanics? Please find one post where I have denigrated the Hispanic community. My gripe is with illegal aliens and their enablers. La Raza is not what you would like to believe, and I will not change my opinion of them.
I don't have to go too far.
Quote:
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again; if we had millions of Nigerians invading our country, there would be no end to the outrage from groups such as La Raza. It would be considered intolerable and unacceptable, and there certainly would not be much compassion from the “Hispanic” community, including Mexicans. The concept of Black/Brown unity would be nonexistent.[/
Why do you assume that? And the "'Hispanic' community" isn't the same as MeCha, illegal aliens, or even the National Council of La Raza(La Raza refers to Chicanos in general).

Old 07-10-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:

Why do you assume that? And the "'Hispanic' community" isn't the same as MeCha, illegal aliens, or even the National Council of La Raza(La Raza refers to Chicanos in general).
That's not denigration, that's a fact.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:

Let’s just cut the crap. There is no black/brown unity, and the millions of illegal Hispanics who are displacing low-skilled blacks in the workplace, virtually ensures the continuation of tension between these groups. When two groups are fighting over the same crumbs, common sense dictates conflict will ensue.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
That's not denigration, that's a fact.
How's it fact if it hasn't happened? you have no way of telling our feelings. You are just convinced we are the most selfish group out there.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Let’s just cut the crap. There is no black/brown unity, and the millions of illegal Hispanics who are displacing low-skilled blacks in the workplace, virtually ensures the continuation of tension between these groups. When two groups are fighting over the same crumbs, common sense dictates conflict will ensue.
If people want to work, they will work. That's why there isn't very many LEGAL Hispanics not working.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
If people want to work, they will work. That's why there isn't very many LEGAL Hispanics not working.
Are you suggesting the unemployed low-skilled blacks are simply lazy? None have been displaced by dirt cheap illegal labor?

Old 07-10-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Really??? Of course, no distinction is made between legal and illegal.

Quote:
Unemployment among Latinos and particularly Latino immigrants jumped in the last year, according to a report released today by the Pew Hispanic Center.
ImmigrationProf Blog: Pew Hispanic Center: Unemployment among Latinos is up to 7.3%

HispanicTips » » Hispanic Unemployment Increases to 6.9%–153,000 More Hispanic Unemployed in March
69-153000-more-hispanic-unemployed-march/

Unemployment Rate Among Hispanic Immigrants Increases - News Story - KNBC | Los Angeles

Old 07-10-2008, 05:21 PM

7 percent isnt that high. And those are statistics including immigrants that have been affected by the economic slowdown(less constuction.)

And I'm suggesting that illegal immigration hasn't stopped many legal Latinos from finding work. You figure out the rest, however you see it.
I don't know about you, but I don't like landscaping or flipping burgers for minimum wage.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
7 percent isnt that high. And those are statistics including immigrants that have been affected by the economic slowdown(less constuction.)

And I'm suggesting that illegal immigration hasn't stopped many legal Latinos from finding work. You figure out the rest, however you see it.
I don't know about you, but I don't like landscaping or flipping burgers for minimum wage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760
If you think a 7% unemployment rate is low, math obviously isn’t your strong suit. There are an estimated 45 million Hispanics in the U.S., 7% of that = 3,150,000. I consider over 3 million people substantial.

FYI, there are many people lacking marketable skills who have no choice but to work minimum wage jobs. They should not have to compete with illegal alien slave wages; and your flippant attitude and condescension are not amusing.

With self-righteous indignation, you castigate and accuse me of being anti-Mexican. Then, you have the unmitigated gall to blatantly insult my race. I’m through with this discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or