U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-12-2007, 12:59 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Russell Abbott, an attorney representing many illegal immigrants, also believes local law enforcement are racially profiling Hispanics.


Now how did I know the race card would be played.
the police are playing the race card. they are the ones targeting hispanics. that is a RACE of people...

 
Old 11-12-2007, 01:01 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I just got done typing a piece about "corruption", and how its worst feature is that it destroys public trust in institutions. In essence, illegal immigraton is a "corruption" of the immigration process. It destroys the "trust" that the guy walking down the street is supposed to be here....Maybe he is--but maybe he isn't. We don't know, because the citizenship process has become "corrupted", and we can no longer ASSUME we're all legal.
so basically youre justifying "guilty until proven innocent". sorry if i disagree.

Quote:
So, as in any other corruption case, we all suffer. Hispanics are probably bearing the brunt of this (believe me, this affects my own family--and I HATE it !)...but as the man said, if you're looking for illegals, who do you look for?
if you cant tell by just looking at them, you have to rethink your approach. you cant just run wild at the expense of the average person. thats police corruption.

Quote:
I swear I hate to see this happen--I hope it doesn't get out of hand--and I hope we can all do something about it. Just wanted to make the point that when we "corrupt" the system of law, other, more brutal systems take over. That's what "lawbreaking" is all about....degrading the everyday society we live in, making everything just a little harsher and tougher on everyone....
one crime, one criminal. if our law enforcement goes beyond that, they are out of line, and solely to blame.
 
Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
When law enforcement is profiling for illegals they know who they are looking for.
share with us who that might be. how do you, personally, spot an illegal alien just by sight alone? how would the police spot an illegal by sight alone?
 
Old 11-12-2007, 01:08 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, it seems to me that the cops are doing their jobs.

Why don't you inform every illegal alien you know to go back to their home countries because they are messing up your life here?

It's THEIR fault you and your family are being harrassed, not the fault of any citizen in this country.
even if illegals live in the united states, it is the cops and the cops alone that choose to carry out harassment.

if an abusive husband tells his wife that it's her fault he has to beat her, do you think he's at all justified? because its pretty much the same idea.
 
Old 11-12-2007, 02:40 AM
 
86 posts, read 130,434 times
Reputation: 52
Ghost, regardless of your MOD CUT ideals of how a government should work, it does not change the fact that illegal immigrants are a problem. Cops going around and checking every hispanic person's ID seems a little outrageous and exaggerated to me, but if it is happening it should not be. It is up to employers, hospitals, banks, and renters to contact immigration if they get an illegal immigrant.

Also, Ghost, as a Service member myself, and the knowledge that the police force functions the same as the military, cops do what they are told to do, just like soldiers do. If you don't like it, re-elect new mayors/senators/congress. If you keep finding your votes failing (which I am willing to be you do), then it is not what the MAJORITY (of which you seem to be so fond of, yet so ardently against) wants.

Also, it *IS* the illegal immigrants faults. If they weren't a problem, cops wouldn't have to go to extreme measures. Other Law Enforcement agencies wouldn't have to deal with stupid crap like that. And who ever brought up LaRaza, take your "Brown Pride" somewhere else please.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-12-2007 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: rude
 
Old 11-12-2007, 06:04 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
the police are playing the race card. they are the ones targeting hispanics. that is a RACE of people...
Your information is completely wrong!

There is NO 'Hispanic' race----------Argentina; a Hispanic country, which is 97% White comes to mind.

In fact: I believe that Argentina is the 'Whitest' country in the New World.....surpassing Canada.

CIA World Factbook
 
Old 11-12-2007, 08:17 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Your information is completely wrong!

There is NO 'Hispanic' race----------Argentina; a Hispanic country, which is 97% White comes to mind.

In fact: I believe that Argentina is the 'Whitest' country in the New World.....surpassing Canada.

CIA World Factbook
technically, youre absolutely correct. but its still a form of discrimination, based on national origin. and the darker your skin, the worse your odds are. thats tantamount to racism in my book.
 
Old 11-12-2007, 08:28 AM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,967,537 times
Reputation: 559
If there's no hispanic "race", then why do hispanics get involved in this group mentality? Why are there groups like LaRaza who stand up ONLY for anyone who calls him/herself hispanic?

Why do they consider themselves a minority? Why do they have their own ethno-centric agenda?
 
Old 11-12-2007, 08:31 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
al qaeda is not a threat to america, either. comparing a very minor threat to an extremely minor threat (both sensationalized), you eschew any sort of proper perspective and context.

here's another way of looking at it: a large group of immigrants have entered the country illegally, and certain people in that group are responsible for fewer american deaths in this country than poor diet & physical inactivity.

they dont seem so bad now...
Good Lord. I won't even dignify this with a response.
 
Old 11-12-2007, 10:00 AM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
I don't believe I will get targeted. I look like a light skinned Black guy or filipino.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top