U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:36 AM

2 posts, read 3,265 times

Advertisements

First, I want to thank you macmeal, and all for the great comments and understandig more about gipsies...

I am one of those very few fortunate gipsy souls who can see and read, and defend myself on the internet, but millions out here do not even know what a computer is used for and so whatever lies they see on the internet about them, they can't defend themselves at all because they cant write back.

I remember i had to write to this travel agency on the internet, because they were offering tourism for usa and at the very bottom it read " be aware of gipsies, they are a thief and not to get in contact with" that to me was very odd and racist because gipsies dont really come up to you and take your chicken or try to beat you down more than any other person who has a rush for those kind of things.

If romania is ashamed of what gipsies are doing in other countries in europe, they should be. They created a kind of movement that only they can be blamed. Gipsies are good hearted people, they love to sing and dance even when they dont have enough to eat. If u ever listen to their song, their song consist mostly of real life and true stories. Stories about poverty, how they grew up, how they lived, how their parents raised them and how much they love their mom and dad and their kids, wife, etc...

There are too many elements to this complex ethnic group that people dont understand about them, or simply easier for them to hate and make their kids not to play with simply because they are and were also raised the same. I also believe those who hate us are not to blame, because they only got information from those who were thought by those with same mentality. Parents teach their kids as kids grow how to be, how to behave or who to play with. They tell lots of lies to their kids about us, and even more lies to those of you who knows "NOTHING" about us. Usually kids that young do not understand why they cant play with a certain person, but as they grow, their parents hate takes over them and they start believing in this "cult" I call it a cult because they are being brain washed by their parents. I had lots of romanian firends when i was a child and i never worried about nothing, until i was growing and they turnd their heads. I never understood until i realized their parents would pull them aside and whisper something in their ears. For the most part i grew up with good romanian friends and families who saw as as human beings, but those who were part of the government had to play by their rules to cut us off from every achievement we could get. If a gipsy went with a phd degree for a job, and a romanian went with a high school degree, they would pick the romanian person for the job. It was as simple as that.

Also those other countries check republic, bulgaria, slovenia, russia etc..they are doing the same thing to us. Russia and bulgaria, bosnia..etc..they i think treat us even worse. We got no real friends in europe. I have nothing against jews, but if you look at history Gipsies were killed in Nazi camps as well but you never see or hear that anywhere. How many movies were done about jews being killed, or jewish people being heros by standing up and fighting the nazis..When did u ever hear about a gipsy fighting nazis or stories about them surviving the camps?

My mothers mom's brother risked his life by smugling jews into romania from hungary. If you remember hungary was with the nazi. He would take jewish kids in suit-cases and carry a gun, and take them across hungary to romania so that their lives can be saved. U will never see those stories..I keep debating on writing a true story about that person who I knew until I was about 12 years old. He is a great hero. He killed some hungarian police man, and also some nazis who were in his trail but when will you see or hear about that kind of hero's? We are not to be recognized in war, or anywhere else. That is the mentality that europe has about us I think, but mostly because of propaganda and brain washing those citizens in those countries who could help us or try to fight poverty and equality, but choose not to because of what they are told in radios, tv ads, and racist jokes about us.

We have some of the greatest artists and poem writers, but when will you ever see them in stores or museums? Isnt that kind of odd that these people who are living among you are hardly known to you? People stare at me when I say I am a born gipsy heritage...They quickly go..WOW, COOL, is that mean you and your family are fotune tellers and have those crystal balls etc? When i tell them being a gipsy is a race and ethnicity and try to explain, it goes over their head, but than they start to really listen and start understanding what they really are because its something NEW to them. Its not like talking about chinese culture, or japan where people know something about them and know what they look like. For us, nobody really knows. In europe they could learn a lot from us if only they ever chose to get us involved in their education programs and really try to understand this community and ethnicity. I can only say to this little place so much on the internet and not enough time to tell you all that we are. But I can assure you, if anyone tell you any negative things about us, they dont know not even a quarter of what we really are. Nobody is born to be a thief, or to grow up as a human animal who should be in a cage, but society can be a cruel place to be if thats all you are being offerd growing up.

ps...I really did not think i would get any positive comments on what i wrote the first time, and I never thought I would be back at this forum. My main reason behind signing up at this forum is to correct some people who had any negative things to say about gipsies. I just mainly wanted to state the 2nd story, because as you know every story has 2 sides and they should both be equally distributed. But here i am back again trying to make sense of something that most people do not know about. Thnx for giving me this opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 12:42 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
we are ethnocentric. yes europe has the illegal immigration problem too.
its global. they are getting called names too and the government is not being very helpful.
and not everybody comin in is a nice person.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:07 AM

5,975 posts, read 17,139,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
All right, let me help you a bit. Both Filipino and Philippino can be used, is the country named the Filipines? Those tribes you are talking about, I have come into contact with many of the indigenous tribes up in the mountains and most of them don't even speak Tagalog, let alone English. I admit, that the presence of the Navy/Air Force in the Phillipines had an impact (although these bases where in certain off the track locals, not in Manila, let alone any of the numerous islands. The U.S. presence there prompted only the monied class to learn english as back when the Americans where there the vast majority didn't have the means to worry about speaking English. Outmigration is big business in the Philippines and the urging for children to learn English is huge. This is, along with the fact Philippinos are considered to be a passive, non-complaining bunch (as long as being paid of course) is the reason many countries love to import them as labor. Philippinos however, whether in Kuwait, Canada or the United States really have no real plans to assimilate, at least at levels of other groups I've seen coming in. Don't spin buddy, it's a sign of desperation.
Your information is antiquated, probably ca. 1945. Filipinos have assimilated quite well, and first generation immigrants turned citizens are not necessarily jumping up with joy at how their children/grandchildren are taking on non-traditional Filipino values. Many have become as consumer-oriented, and as mouthy as their peers. The US has encouraged migration of professionals in the medical field as well as currently teachers due to the shortage, and the fact that they don't have to go through an ESL program is a plus. Filipinos in the Middle East or in other Asian countries like Vietnam have no plans to assimilate primarily because of religion since the Philippines is largely Christian and unless they are already Muslim will not assimilate in the ME. I have not met a Buddhist Filipino either.

So before you call it a spin, you may want to check what is current. From what I heard from a former telecom peer who recently migrated here, GSM technology on cellphones was there first before it came to the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or