U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 08:29 PM

238 posts, read 1,019,804 times

Advertisements

You think we are having trouble with immigration here in America, it is nothing in comparison to the problems they are having in Rome and other large Cities in Italy. Almost a million immigrants who are poor and lack a high school degree- have flooded into Italy in the last year. They have 1/4 our population so a million is alot of immigrants. Many are from Romania, many are Gypsies. Most of the crime committed in Italy is from these Romanians.

See the attached

Italy to deport 100 Romanians after robbery - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 08:44 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,625,689 times
Right---and I bet NOBODY insists they learn to speak ENGLISH....

Old 11-03-2007, 08:49 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,349,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Right---and I bet NOBODY insists they learn to speak ENGLISH....
psssst! macmeal *whispering* do you suppose it's because Italians speak ITALIAN??

Old 11-03-2007, 08:52 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,625,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
psssst! macmeal *whispering* do you suppose it's because Italians speak ITALIAN??
Are you SERIOUS ?---when did THAT begin?..but anyway, don't try to confuse me..on THIS forum, we believe that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS should SPEAK ENGLISH.....please keep that in mind....

Old 11-03-2007, 08:54 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,816,777 times
Quote:
Are you SERIOUS ?---when did THAT begin?..but anyway, don't try to confuse me..on THIS forum, we believe that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS should SPEAK ENGLISH.....please keep that in mind....
Well then they should learn SPANISH then, or is it ENGLISH, uh heck

Old 11-03-2007, 10:10 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
All joking aside:

Another wealthy First World country having an illegal immigrant problem is Spain of all places-------between the Africans and the New World Latinos.

OTOH: Spaniards apparently like Italians and Romanians heading their way------they assimilate quite nicely allegedly.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,833 times
Does anybody know anything about Romania???????? Why are those people so bad????
Doesn't Romania have the same problem with gipsies, too????

Old 11-07-2007, 06:52 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,981,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_rulez View Post
Does anybody know anything about Romania???????? Why are those people so bad????
Romania is a very poor and exceedingly corrupt country. It joined the European Union in January 2007 but as far as I know the other member nations are restricting its citizens (and those from Bulgaria, which also joined in 01/07) from migrating to their countries for work.

The situation in Romania is desperate; probably worse than Mexico. However, since Romania has joined the EU it will be eligible for billions in subsidies and handouts. It's worse than what Eire was 20-30 years ago, but with all the extra help it may catch up someday.

The "problem gypsies" in Romania are almost always Romany and usually born in Romania.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:57 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_rulez View Post
I visited Romania back in 1973 with my family; the enclave named 'Transylvania' AKA Dracula's hometown

All joking aside; the above area has a large ethnic 'Hungarian' minority ( am 1/2 Hungarian).

Talk about one poverty stricken dump------envision a cross between a poor Mexican village and stereotypical Appalachia in the worst way.

So; I can understand why so many Romanians come across as 'inbred losers'.

Add in racism against the Gypsies AKA Roma (different from 'regular' Romanian) due to many of them having dark skin and there you have the 'perfect storm' brewing.

Gypsies are actually of East Indian heritage so they are essentially Mestizos------very similar in appearance to brunet Latinos if anything although here in the USA they are 'Anglo', legally speaking.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:41 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,224,925 times
Quote:
I don't believe that illegal should speak English. I believe that illegals shouldn't be here at all! However, I believe that the US should adopt English as the official language. Big difference.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or