U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 09:53 AM

3,186 posts, read 5,484,880 times

Advertisements

Just a general question that I seldom see asked. I wonder just how many illegal aliens have entered the USA in the past month. any ideas? I would guess that at least a thousand sneak in every day so that would indicate that over 30k a month come in.....Next question is how many a month are caught and sent back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 10:25 AM

16,795 posts, read 8,720,935 times
You grab a handful of coins and throw them in the air, then try to catch them with your eyes closed. You should get a very accurate count that way.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:34 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
No one knows. Thee fed likes to use guesstimates. Depending what the need is will determine if they inflate the number or understate the number. Right now the Admin wants to say that illegal immigration is down and the border is secure. They also want to minimize the actual impact until it is too late to un do what the FED has done. So they in my opinion are understating thee numbers.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:50 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,122,528 times
Its like guessing the # of stars.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:54 PM

14,472 posts, read 7,508,890 times
2 many

Old 05-31-2013, 04:32 PM

6,936 posts, read 7,016,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I would guess that at least a thousand sneak in every day so that would indicate that over 30k a month come in ...
Assuming the deportation statics are trending this year similar to recent years during this Presidential administration - 400,000 a year - then I'm guessing the outflow, deportees, is about 1,100 a day. I don't like to guess, though. No really something to hang a hat on.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:03 PM

31,923 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Someone in here posted a link that the number of new illegals crossing our border has tripled since the first of the year with Obama's promised amnesty. I tend to believe that.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:40 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Yes, I believe it's tripled at least -- why wouldn't it? The Mexican radio shows are boasting that the big amnesty is right around the corner so it's pretty much "Come one, come all" "Blue light special on US citizenships with all the many benefits that go with it" here on the border.

The government is doing nothing at all to enforce the visas, including the ultra cheap border crossing cards. For $149, they can legally come over the border and then do whatever they like -- find a job, head on to other parts of the USA, nothing is being done to make sure they respect the terms of the visas we're handing out like they're going out of style.

Many illegals who had returned home are now coming back to the USA to get in on this huge amnesty just in case they're not given another one soon after this. Even if they prefer to live in their own country, a deal like this is just too good to pass up. They can get in on the amnesty, then return home but return here whenever they like, spend their retirement here getting nice fast welfare checks and food stamps and free housing.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:43 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
And now they're letting all those big trains come over from Mexico, very very few boxcars or other cars are being checked, our administration simply "assumes" they're not taking advantage of this. You can bet it's easier than ever to get over that border to any part of the USA they like.

The only enforcement is at the fence, all the illegals have to do is make it inside the USA just by a few yards and they're home free.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:35 PM

3,186 posts, read 5,484,880 times
Obama is going to be sure he does nothing to curtail the illegals from coming here. He will talk the talk but in the end he is really doing nothing...And guess what when the next pres is elected even if he is a republican the same old talk the talk but really do nothing will continue...Hell its been this way for over 20 years..talk the talk and do nothing knowing every day thousands more of these trespassers come in.The native americans could do little to stop the European colonization happening here but we can do something about the illegal alien colonization..........but yet our non government wont do its job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration