U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 02:49 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,369,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I see a lot of anchor baby benefactors pushing taco carts around here. I wonder how much tax they pay on their sales While they're at it, I'm sure more than a few are collecting those ObamaBux. I can't understand why libs see nothing wrong with this crap. They come here and work under the table or for shady establishments, knocking an American out of the labor force. While killing the tax paying working class, they suck more resources than they can contribute towards. Meanwhile, you have the unpatriotic dems pandering to these law breakers and basically saying keep up the good work.

At this point, America is well on it's way to becoming a 3rd work banana republic. Can't even afford to maintain our infrastructure. What do libs think America will look like in 20-30 years? Well, they love poverty and the poor so much, so I'm sure they will absolutely love the utopia slum they are trying to construct.

And I know illegals have access to various government handouts, namely the SNAP/LINK food subsidy programs. They will even deliver food to them in many cases. All the illegals are running around with them around here. These folks are eating better than most Americans can afford to these days. Mexican cuisine is both tasty and affordable to prepare. Matter of fact, many of their stores can completely kick the crap out of Walmart on price.

Not all shady establishments they work for. I know firsthand a lot of construction companies that hire illegals and yes sad but oh so true. I know carpentry and cabinetry and roofers the same.

A part of our relaity now, and only going to get much worse.

Well the Dem Motto is Don't have to Earn it just Take it!

Old 06-01-2013, 07:57 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,244,233 times
This 20 years spans both parties in power so you can stop your political bickering right now.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:58 AM

31,980 posts, read 14,758,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Every new wave of immigrants to our shores has been met with hostility and every one of them has given more back to America than it cost to take them in.

If you don't like immigrants, move to Denmark. It's virtually impossible to get in!

The topic of this forum is illegal immigration not legal immigration. So your remarks aren't relative to illegal immigration because it is objection to them coming here illegally nothing more. Who has said they don't like "legal" immigrants today?

Old 06-01-2013, 12:24 PM

2,380 posts, read 2,859,061 times
The greed in this country is so absurd to me. In my culture, we are hospitable and respectful to all human beings. If you come to our home in need, so long as you don't pose a violent threat to our people or property, a public safety threat, we will help you and treat you as we treat our own. It's fair to have them learn to fish, grow food, sew, and build so that they would become able to sustain themselves beyond the hospitality we can provide. This is why I see very little wrong with helping people who haven't gone through filing paperwork, etc. I simply don't believe in it.

If people need help and you have the means to provide in a rationed amount that's helpful, then we shouldn't be selfish. Help them, house them without threat of prosecution, then they'll be more willing to accept the rule of getting papers. People become so lost in this nationalist, xenophobic rhetoric, they forget that the target of such are human beings also; it conditions you to dehumanize foreigners and it isn't humane nor sensible. But this is just my own opinion that America needs to be open to a different reality now.

Undocumented foreigners - "illegal immigrants" - will never ever cease entering this country, so a less restrictive and more welcoming resolve must be put on the table eventually, instead of hostility and denial of essential services such as health care, housing, and food assistance.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:31 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,932,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
The greed in this country is so absurd to me. In my culture, we are hospitable and respectful to all human beings. If you come to our home in need, so long as you don't pose a violent threat to our people or property, a public safety threat, we will help you and treat you as we treat our own. It's fair to have them learn to fish, grow food, sew, and build so that they would become able to sustain themselves beyond the hospitality we can provide. This is why I see very little wrong with helping people who haven't gone through filing paperwork, etc. I simply don't believe in it.

If people need help and you have the means to provide in a rationed amount that's helpful, then we shouldn't be selfish. Help them, house them without threat of prosecution, then they'll be more willing to accept the rule of getting papers. People become so lost in this nationalist, xenophobic rhetoric, they forget that the target of such are human beings also; it conditions you to dehumanize foreigners and it isn't humane nor sensible. But this is just my own opinion that America needs to be open to a different reality now.

Undocumented foreigners - "illegal immigrants" - will never ever cease entering this country, so a less restrictive and more welcoming resolve must be put on the table eventually, instead of hostility and denial of essential services such as health care, housing, and food assistance.
It would be one thing if you actually were honest and you did take this irresponsible woman into your home and pay for all the kids she's choosing to have that she cannot afford.

It's not you really paying for all of them, so it's really hypocrisy. It's the taxpayers who are paying for this one and millions more just like her. Where are all the fathers? Where is the responsibility, self-control, morality?

Irresponsible illegals having tons of children they can never afford won't cease pouring over the borders as long as the immigration laws are unenforced and we reward them with heaps of food stamps and free housing and health care.

In the past, before the overly generous welfare handouts that encourage all this, we did not have millions of illegals living it up here. There was once a time when it wasn't millions of impoverished people pouring over the southern border.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:

So your culture is to allow lawbreakers take from others? It isn't selfish to look out for our own citizens first and to have immigration laws. Oh, here we go with the xenophobic label again. You're not aware that we allow in 1 million LEGAL immigrants per year? No, who is being dehumanized are our own citizens. So I guess you think we should allow in any foreigner in here despite how it negatively impacts the job opportunities, taxes and resources of our own citizens.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It would be one thing if you actually were honest and you did take this irresponsible woman into your home and pay for all the kids she's choosing to have that she cannot afford.

It's not you really paying for all of them, so it's really hypocrisy. It's the taxpayers who are paying for this one and millions more just like her. Where are all the fathers? Where is the responsibility, self-control, morality?

Irresponsible illegals having tons of children they can never afford won't cease pouring over the borders as long as the immigration laws are unenforced and we reward them with heaps of food stamps and free housing and health care.

In the past, before the overly generous welfare handouts that encourage all this, we did not have millions of illegals living it up here. There was once a time when it wasn't millions of impoverished people pouring over the southern border.
But there were impoverished Europeans instead.

I don't disagree with the fact that people have to be more cautious about producing children they can't care for. But it's happening, and they can't be left starving and diseased and homeless - undocumented or not. Humans are imperfect, circumstances happen that weren't foreseeable, and we take care of one another. We can't heal the problem by denying education and access to services that allow their situations to improve with new generations. Otherwise, the new generations will simply repeat the mistakes of the ones before them, the ones you think are problematic now.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
But there were impoverished Europeans instead.

I don't disagree with the fact that people have to be more cautious about producing children they can't care for. But it's happening, and they can't be left starving and diseased and homeless - undocumented or not. Humans are imperfect, circumstances happen that weren't foreseeable, and we take care of one another. We can't heal the problem by denying education and access to services that allow their situations to improve with new generations. Otherwise, the new generations will simply repeat the mistakes of the ones before them, the ones you think are problematic now.

So none of these services are available in their own countries? No schools, no healthcare? The illegals coming from our southern border for the most part aren't starving. Yes, humans are imperfect and that is why we have laws to protect others from their imperfect wrong doings.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So none of these services are available in their own countries? No schools, no healthcare? The illegals coming from our southern border for the most part aren't starving. Yes, humans are imperfect and that is why we have laws to protect others from their imperfect wrong doings.
Even Nazi Germany had schools and hospitals and food. Just because another country has those doesn't mean people there have no ambition or reason to pursue a life elsewhere. I don't have a problem with my tax dollars spent on caring for people. It's better than the cost and futility in jailing them, killing them, surrounding the entire country with 30,000 foot high fences for hundreds of years just to be impractical and insensibly selfish.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:50 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,375,765 times
Quote:
Even Nazi Germany had schools and hospitals and food. Just because another country has those doesn't mean people there have no ambition or reason to pursue a life elsewhere. I don't have a problem with my tax dollars spent on caring for people. It's better than the cost and futility in jailing them, killing them, surrounding the entire country with 30,000 foot high fences for hundreds of years just to be impractical and insensibly selfish.
Uh; NOT with many Americans who are in deep trouble. We come 1st in the US, NOT illegal aliens. Sheesh!

Mexico DOES try to keep illegal aliens from Guatemala OUT of Mexico. Spain does the same thing with its land on the edge of Africa and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or