U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:14 PM

13,159 posts, read 9,247,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
I don't think there's anything wrong with giving generous help to families who are poor immigrants; families who are poor, period. Why is there so much animosity about aid programs that help people, yet there's little outrage over the international military conflicts that are sucking up xxx% more of "your money" than aid programs ever have?
Voluntary charity is a blessing.
Compulsory charity is a curse.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:26 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,883,883 times
Sadly this is a serious problem. In Illinois most of those on assistance are illegals and their children and it's such a problem all case workers need to speak Spanish.

Sorry but I don't want to take care of people here ILLEGALLY when we have Americans starving. My taxes keep going up to support these losers.

Also think of this, we are cutting military assistance for college because we are going broke. Who would you rather help, military veterans leaving the service or someone who shouldn't be here?

Old 06-01-2013, 10:00 PM

1,017 posts, read 557,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
When I lived in Florida, I as a native born citizen and veteran was ineligible for unemployment insurance because I hadn't lived in the state long enough. Ok, "fair enough" I would think, but when a poverty-stricken baby factory swims a river, she's set for life? Well Hell, where were these "privately funded recruiters" aka scam artists to help me get some free handouts?! I guess I wasn't creative enough.

And before some idiot rebukes by pointing out that unemployment insurance isn't the same thing as what that lady is receiving, let me offer this preemptive response: That differentiation is irrelevant because it's still public assistance. Call it one name, call it some other name, it ultimately doesn't matter because all such programs are taxpayer-funded.
Unemployment insurance on the state level is funded by the employers. When the federal extension kicked in, that was government-subsidized. So... most unemployment benefits are NOT taxpayer funded, and it is there when an employee loses his/her job. It is by no means considered "public assistance." The unemployed deserve the benefit, unlike this woman who might as well have robbed a bank.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:18 PM

20,788 posts, read 15,527,514 times
Quote:
I don't think there's anything wrong with giving generous help to families who are poor immigrants; families who are poor, period. Why is there so much animosity about aid programs that help people, yet there's little outrage over the international military conflicts that are sucking up xxx% more of "your money" than aid programs ever have?
Oooh! Ooh! I can answer that question!

Because there are PLENTY OF LEGAL CITIZENS in this country who CANNOT get the help! A legal citizen, who has worked, who has contributed, who has a need for "generous help" can not always get it but some illegal with seven fricken kids can just swim a river, be here ILLEGALLY, (which is a CRIME), and get all kinds of money. And then sign up her friends to do the same!

And why, praytell, is that allowed to happen? Because of people with your mindset.

Genius.

To hell with the legal citizens of this country, they don't know hardship, (bullsh**), give it to those from poor countries who come here illegally and take advantage of the system, NEVER contribute, never pay back and recruit their friends and family to ALSO take, take, take.

Take your strawman and burn it. It does not have any place in this particular discussion.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:31 AM

156 posts, read 89,488 times
That is straight up theft if you ask me.

I want all my money I paid in taxes back. This system is a scam.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:37 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archon445 View Post
That is straight up theft if you ask me.

I want all my money I paid in taxes back. This system is a scam.
You won't get it -- now they're working on slashing social security to all those who paid in for over 50 years because when the children of this woman and millions like her leave home, she's going to need a nice fat American retirement and a life of disability checks -- along with continued free housing, free health care.

Not only that -- Obama and the open-borders Republicans have promised them they can bring their relatives over once they're given their big amnesty and reward of US citizenship.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:17 PM

9,289 posts, read 5,423,510 times
Quote:
LEGAL immigrants are one thing ILLEGAL is another. Illegals deserve nothing more than a prison bus ride back to the border.

Quit being generous with other peoples money.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:05 PM

4,125 posts, read 3,412,992 times
Default What America needs...

Quote:
The greed in this country is so absurd to me. In my culture, we are hospitable and respectful to all human beings. If you come to our home in need, so long as you don't pose a violent threat to our people or property, a public safety threat, we will help you and treat you as we treat our own. It's fair to have them learn to fish, grow food, sew, and build so that they would become able to sustain themselves beyond the hospitality we can provide. This is why I see very little wrong with helping people who haven't gone through filing paperwork, etc. I simply don't believe in it.

If people need help and you have the means to provide in a rationed amount that's helpful, then we shouldn't be selfish. Help them, house them without threat of prosecution, then they'll be more willing to accept the rule of getting papers. People become so lost in this nationalist, xenophobic rhetoric, they forget that the target of such are human beings also; it conditions you to dehumanize foreigners and it isn't humane nor sensible. But this is just my own opinion that America needs to be open to a different reality now.

Undocumented foreigners - "illegal immigrants" - will never ever cease entering this country, so a less restrictive and more welcoming resolve must be put on the table eventually, instead of hostility and denial of essential services such as health care, housing, and food assistance.
is to definitely be open to a different reality now and that reality is that the American government can no longer continue to sustain groups of undocumented immigrants through taxpayer funded safety nets. A human being in need is one thing a human being who plots and plans how to defraud an entire nation is committing an illegal act on many levels and entirely different matter; it is frequently referred to as criminal behavior which is punishable by the laws which govern said nation.

It is the manner in which people in need enter ones home that raises eyebrows.

An individual or a family coming to ones home in need is one thing as opposed to millions of people entering ones home illegally, staying, having babies (some reference these beautiful children as beneficiaries and pawns) and then eating YOU out of house and home.

Also, I appreciate your belief that you will treat them as you treat your own, however, there is a segment of your own that is not allowed the same hospitality; those who are not producing children but rather just a bad turn of events in their lives which leaves them unemployed, without benefits and a medical mishap which requires a need for them as well. Unfortunately, I suppose they just fall through the cracks.

Concerning your desire to have them learn how to fish, grow food, sew,and build so they may be able to sustain themselves beyond the hospitality "we" can provide...I ask you what country are you living in where these people in need will be able to prosper merely by fishing, farming, sewing, and building?

If that were the case then perhaps the undocumented can stay in their own countries and America can provide these life skills (fishing, agricultural skills, sewing [<--- that's really tops out of all of these skills, by the way], and building) you feel are essential to sustainability via instructional videos.

Someone once said that charity begins at home and I have to believe they knew what they were talking about.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

P.S. What is your culture exactly? Just curious.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:02 PM

1,150 posts, read 992,618 times
Quote:
The greed in this country is so absurd to me. In my culture, we are hospitable and respectful to all human beings. If you come to our home in need, so long as you don't pose a violent threat to our people or property, a public safety threat, we will help you and treat you as we treat our own. It's fair to have them learn to fish, grow food, sew, and build so that they would become able to sustain themselves beyond the hospitality we can provide. This is why I see very little wrong with helping people who haven't gone through filing paperwork, etc. I simply don't believe in it.

If people need help and you have the means to provide in a rationed amount that's helpful, then we shouldn't be selfish. Help them, house them without threat of prosecution, then they'll be more willing to accept the rule of getting papers. People become so lost in this nationalist, xenophobic rhetoric, they forget that the target of such are human beings also; it conditions you to dehumanize foreigners and it isn't humane nor sensible. But this is just my own opinion that America needs to be open to a different reality now.

Undocumented foreigners - "illegal immigrants" - will never ever cease entering this country, so a less restrictive and more welcoming resolve must be put on the table eventually, instead of hostility and denial of essential services such as health care, housing, and food assistance.
"I have never understood why it's greed to want to keep the money you have earned, but not greed to want to take somebody else's." --- Thomas Sowell

People in this country have worked to make a better life for themselves and their families. They've worked to build this country into the best possible country, and one where people risk their lives to get here. It's disgusting to see our government giving away our hard earned tax dollars to illegal aliens, when that money is so desperately needed for our own citizens, and infrastructure.

Most illegal aliens don't want to learn how to fish, grow food, sew, or build. They want the citizens to fish, grow food, sew, and build for them.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:07 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,457,279 times
They need to play this video in a loop 24 hours a day. I have no doubt this lady is the norm and not the exception. Our country doesnt need new immigration laws, we only need to enforce the current ones. What this woman is doing is sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or