U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: If we kicked out the illegal aliens, we would have 1970s level inflation
Illegal aliens keep our costs lower and keep down inflation 8 27.59%
There is no link between inflation and illegal immigration 21 72.41%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-08-2007, 05:09 AM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,297,320 times
Reputation: 1423

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
My Mother was an illegal and she did touch my life when she had me . "OMG she was using American tax payer dollars to have ProLogic". I can assure you my father was legal and paid for it. Insurance did their part as well.
Prologic, you are very smart person and you like to study man, you still need to develop wisdom but that comes with age amigo, I don't know what your dreams are or what do you plan to do with your life, but you have the chance to educate yourself very well and use the system to change the system if that's what you want, maybe that's the reason your life was touched by the love of an "illegal" mother

In the perfection of God and his creation
Everything has it's time and it's reason.

Quote:
Love is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families and nations.

MOD CUT
Quote:
"Most people consider the course of events as natural and inevitable. They little know what radical change are possible through prayer. Every morning I offer my body, my mind and any ability that I posses, to be used by Thee, O infinite creator, in whatever way Thou dost choose to express Thyself through me. I know that all work is Thy work, and that no task is too difficult or too menial when offered to Thee in loving service".

MOD CUT
Love and Light!

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-08-2007 at 09:44 AM..

 
Old 11-08-2007, 06:22 AM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,968,014 times
Reputation: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
In the '70s, the cost of a home was affordable by one working parent.

Inflation has been kept in check by various factors - notably the Fed. Illegal labor serves to increase profits, not lower prices.
That's right - the money made because of using illegals is going to profits - not to a decrease in product costs. Do you really think they'd CUT their PROFITS to pay decent wages, and to cut costs of the products?
 
Old 11-08-2007, 04:36 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
That's right - the money made because of using illegals is going to profits - not to a decrease in product costs. Do you really think they'd CUT their PROFITS to pay decent wages, and to cut costs of the products?
Inflation also has something to do with it.
 
Old 11-09-2007, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Florida
540 posts, read 1,105,197 times
Reputation: 164
I would rather have the 70's back than what we have now.
 
Old 11-10-2007, 12:33 AM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 706,092 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
My Mother was an illegal and she did touch my life when she had me . "OMG she was using American tax payer dollars to have ProLogic". I can assure you my father was legal and paid for it. Insurance did their part as well.

you are a product of deception.
if your father had insurance, and your mother was illegal and they were not married,when his insurance paid for your birth both of your parents committed insurance fraud....just a little food for thought.
in order to be considered eligible on an insurance policy (health) you must be related to that person who is the provider......
if your parents were married when you were born, then the illegality is mute.sorry..........................
you still do not impress me.
 
Old 11-10-2007, 07:24 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
you are a product of deception.
if your father had insurance, and your mother was illegal and they were not married,when his insurance paid for your birth both of your parents committed insurance fraud....just a little food for thought.
in order to be considered eligible on an insurance policy (health) you must be related to that person who is the provider......
if your parents were married when you were born, then the illegality is mute.sorry..........................
you still do not impress me.
In defense of ProLogic; he is innocent, the teenager was born here------ under US law he is legal. Not saying the law is right; admittedly but again, ProLogic committed no crime.

And too; in the 1980's we had nowhere the illegal immigration problem as today-------they typically flew under the radar.
 
Old 11-10-2007, 08:19 AM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 706,092 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In defense of ProLogic; he is innocent, the teenager was born here------ under US law he is legal. Not saying the law is right; admittedly but again, ProLogic committed no crime.

And too; in the 1980's we had nowhere the illegal immigration problem as today-------they typically flew under the radar.


he needs no defense, because i did not say he was guilty of anything, what i said was, if his parents were not married, then how did his fathers insurance pay for his birth?
if he is 16...17...or 18 insurance law in the days he was born required people to be related to them before benefits were paid.
if not...then he was a product of deception, by his parents.
 
Old 11-10-2007, 08:44 AM
 
Location: CA Coast
1,900 posts, read 1,707,816 times
Reputation: 350
Quote:
then how did his fathers insurance pay for his birth?
if he is 16...17...or 18 insurance law in the days he was born required people to be related to them before benefits were paid.
Wasn't his father related to him?
 
Old 11-10-2007, 09:02 AM
 
Location: FL
1,137 posts, read 2,288,314 times
Reputation: 787
Just a quick comment.
If we had a FAIR TAX situation the illegals would be paying into our economy too!
23% of all things purchased, you get your ENTIRE check, absolutely no deductions. The illegals get paid, they have to buy stuff, they pay 23%. Help the economy.
 
Old 11-10-2007, 10:53 AM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
you are a product of deception.
if your father had insurance, and your mother was illegal and they were not married,when his insurance paid for your birth both of your parents committed insurance fraud....just a little food for thought.
in order to be considered eligible on an insurance policy (health) you must be related to that person who is the provider......
if your parents were married when you were born, then the illegality is mute.sorry..........................
you still do not impress me.
Who said they were not married? Christ people, stop assuming so much! Your opening line cannot be a product of deception and then go on to say "if your parents were married when you were born".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top