U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If we kicked out the illegal aliens, we would have 1970s level inflation
Illegal aliens keep our costs lower and keep down inflation 8 27.59%
There is no link between inflation and illegal immigration 21 72.41%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 11:07 AM

447 posts, read 705,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Who said they were not married? Christ people, stop assuming so much! Your opening line cannot be a product of deception and then go on to say "if your parents were married when you were born".

ok....my apologies...you know prologic i do think you are a bright individual with great potenial. i didnt mean to attack you.
and if you feel insulted, please accept my humble apology.
you , yourself say your mother was illegal, but your father was a citizen, if he married her before your birth and she was included in the insurance policy and your birth was covered by his insurance then great.
but if .and i say if...your mother was not included in your fathers insurance,(because they were either unmarried or she was illegally here) maternity care and your birth may have not been covered by your fathers insurance.
insurance companies do not pay for a birth of a child, unless the person covered is the one who gives birth, or their spouse gives birth and is included in the policy....at least that is my take on it. your mothers illegality , and your admission of it is another thing all together...didnt i read you once in saying she is legal now?
but.....i think this thread is way off topic...lets go back
Without illegal immigration and cheap Chinese Imports we would have 1970s style inflation
Remember the 1970s? There were very few illegal immigrants in America. High School kids worked at fast food and most products consumed in America was made in America. Factory work paid well and a manufacturing worker could support his family in a good middle class lifestyle.

I remember another thing about the 1970s though, very high inflation. Does anyone else think that millions of illegal (and legal) immigrants who will work for very little money (along with cheap goods from overseas) may be a reason there is far less inflation today.

Kick out the illegal aliens and bring back inflation?

i think i gave my answer to that question too.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:15 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
ok....my apologies...you know prologic i do think you are a bright individual with great potenial. i didnt mean to attack you.
and if you feel insulted, please accept my humble apology.
you , yourself say your mother was illegal, but your father was a citizen, if he married her before your birth and she was included in the insurance policy and your birth was covered by his insurance then great.
but if .and i say if...your mother was not included in your fathers insurance,(because they were either unmarried or she was illegally here) maternity care and your birth may have not been covered by your fathers insurance.
insurance companies do not pay for a birth of a child, unless the person covered is the one who gives birth, or their spouse gives birth and is included in the policy....at least that is my take on it. your mothers illegality , and your admission of it is another thing all together...didnt i read you once in saying she is legal now?
but.....i think this thread is way off topic...lets go back
Without illegal immigration and cheap Chinese Imports we would have 1970s style inflation
Remember the 1970s? There were very few illegal immigrants in America. High School kids worked at fast food and most products consumed in America was made in America. Factory work paid well and a manufacturing worker could support his family in a good middle class lifestyle.

I remember another thing about the 1970s though, very high inflation. Does anyone else think that millions of illegal (and legal) immigrants who will work for very little money (along with cheap goods from overseas) may be a reason there is far less inflation today.

Kick out the illegal aliens and bring back inflation?

i think i gave my answer to that question too.

Dad married mom before she even touched U.S soil. When she came here they went through all the paperwork in S.F. I was born 7 months later.

High school students are still doing fast food jobs. One of my friends last year who graduated loved working with Mexicans. He said they were funny to work with. I think you know that restaurants don't hire illegals, the illegals provide a social security number. So who would you hire? An Unexperienced teenager? or a so-called Legal immigrant who can work twice as fast?

Old 11-10-2007, 11:25 AM

15,371 posts, read 33,759,682 times
Quote:
High school students are still doing fast food jobs. One of my friends last year who graduated loved working with Mexicans. He said they were funny to work with. I think you know that restaurants don't hire illegals, the illegals provide a social security number. So who would you hire? An Unexperienced teenager? or a so-called Legal immigrant who can work twice as fast?
Sorry pro.....can't agree with ya on this one......try walking into a fast food restaurant and say quietly....I'm with INS.....

Illegal aliens normally provide phony SSN's to an employer.....

Should the employer check YES
Does the employer check NO

and usually the illegal is gone before it surfaces.....

Old 11-10-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Sorry pro.....can't agree with ya on this one......try walking into a fast food restaurant and say quietly....I'm with INS.....

Illegal aliens normally provide phony SSN's to an employer.....

Should the employer check YES
Does the employer check NO

and usually the illegal is gone before it surfaces.....
I just said that, doesn't matter whether they are phony or not. They still provide them.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:29 AM

1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
inflation is the main reason we have such an abundance of cheap, immigrant labor.

the dollar is losing value faster and faster. we have no material to back up our printed money supply.

the government has screwed you over with the federal reserve act!

educate yourselves!

America: Freedom to Fascism - Director's Authorized Version

Old 11-10-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
inflation is the main reason we have such an abundance of cheap, immigrant labor.

the dollar is losing value faster and faster. we have no material to back up our printed money supply.

the government has screwed you over with the federal reserve act!

educate yourselves!

America: Freedom to Fascism - Director's Authorized Version

Isn't that the movie that focuses on why Americans pay taxes? That theres no real law that stricly says that we have to pay taxes?

Old 11-10-2007, 11:32 AM

447 posts, read 705,921 times
Quote:
Dad married mom before she even touched U.S soil. When she came here they went through all the paperwork in S.F. I was born 7 months later.

i distinctly remember you saying your mom was an illegal..am i insane?
if your dad married her before she was ever on u.s. soil, and the paperwork was followed according to law, then how was she an illegal?
if she came here by following the law, i wouldnt call her an illegal, i would call her a moral woman.
i would like more people to immigrate this way.

as for who i would hire, i'd hire the person who worked the best.regardless of age or nationality.
but i wouldnt hire an illegal , because it is illegal to do so.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:34 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
i distinctly remember saying your mom was an illegal..am i insane?
if your dad married her beofre ahe was ever on u.s. soil, and the paperwork was followed according to law, then how was she an illegal?
if she came here by following the law, i wouldnt call her an illegal, i would call her a moral woman.

as for who i would hire, i'd hire the person who worked the best.regardless of age or nationality.
Sorry, I'm lost too. If she married your dad prior to coming to the US, would that not have made her a US citizen? Couldn't she have gotten a green card?

Old 11-10-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
i distinctly remember saying your mom was an illegal..am i insane?
if your dad married her beofre ahe was ever on u.s. soil, and the paperwork was followed according to law, then how was she an illegal?

No your not insane. WAS is the key word. I believe she still had to take the citizenship test however and passed. She came here illegally and was an illegal immigrant for a while. When I took a test on see how much I knew, I realized I only knew very little. This Anglo girl in my class was asking me "James! what do the stripes on the flag represent!".

Old 11-10-2007, 11:37 AM

402 posts, read 938,169 times
Quote:
So who would you hire? An Unexperienced teenager? or a so-called Legal immigrant who can work twice as fast?
I don't get it, where does everyone get the idea that legal or illegal immagrants (Y'alls' word not mine) work harder and twice as fast as Americans? Every worker I know is a very hard worker and do so to keep the jobs they have so they can support their families. Hiring illegal's because they work fast is not true. They are hired because they work cheaper, under the table and bring bigger profits to those who hire them, And believe me, those who do work under the table are not paying into SS, because the employer is not claiming they even work for them. If they were they too would be paying into SS for them. Bringing down their own profits. Nor do they have to pay benefits to the illegals, which would also bring down the employers profits. It's all about greeed on the employer's side.

If they hire legal immagrants then they have to pay them at the very least minimum wage and provide benefits according to law. No extra profits there, and I know of several Legal immigrants who have lost jobs to the illegal aliens. The Legals who have lost their jobs are not happy campers any more than those of us who were born and raised here in the USA. They came here to achive the American dream to but are instead living the American nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or