Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 05:19 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
you could put schumer on the end of a rope for all i care
How about this ? We send him to Afghanistan & have him give lectures to the Taliban on the virtues of
citizenship. Schumer should feel right at home there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 07:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
So they're not going to consider felony document fraud and felony identification theft as crimes any longer?

So what does that mean for all those who have profitted from the big market in identity theft and fraud? The amnesty must include them also, it's not longer a crime to present fraudulent ID?

Old 06-06-2013, 08:01 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So they're not going to consider felony document fraud and felony identification theft as crimes any longer?

So what does that mean for all those who have profitted from the big market in identity theft and fraud? The amnesty must include them also, it's not longer a crime to present fraudulent ID?
They should drop all charges for Americans that do this if they turn a blind eye to people living here & don't belong here.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
They should drop all charges for Americans that do this if they turn a blind eye to people living here & don't belong here.
Yes -- that would include Americans using fraudulent or stolen ID to buy beer, present to cops to avoid tickets, commit IRS fraud.

If foreigners can come here and commit identity fraud, then why would only citizens be persecuted? Why can't Americans use stolen identification as well?

At the very least, this amnesty should not include a single illegal that commited social security fraud by using a stolen social security number, or those who have used stolen green cards or overstayed a visa -- which is also fraud.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:16 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
From the article: ...
When you cite a source which is well-known for anti-American activities and promoting hate and intolerance ... why should someone take your reliance on such a source ... seriously? Please, do yourself a favor, and broaden your sources of information. Even just a little.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:28 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
When you cite a source which is well-known for anti-American activities and promoting hate and intolerance ... why should someone take your reliance on such a source ... seriously? Please, do yourself a favor, and broaden your sources of information. Even just a little.
Really? You want to prove your assertions that this source is anti-American and promotes hate and intolerance? I'll wait. Here is what the source is all about.

CNSNews.com was launched on June 16, 1998 as a news source for individuals, news organizations and broadcasters who put a higher premium on balance than spin and seek news that’s ignored or under-reported as a result of media bias by omission.

If you think what was reported is just lies. Then prove it. Better yet you tell me what is going to happen to illegals who have used fake and stolen ID's (a felony) to work here in this so-called CIR.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:13 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Absurd. Schumer and his lackey Gillibrand are an embarrassment to New York. I feel ashamed that my state has so many brain dead morons that we elected these two ... over and over.

Have to argue this fact. My state of California, has more morns running the State. And the people voting them back in time and time again, are also brain dead.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:34 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Have to argue this fact. My state of California, has more morns running the State. And the people voting them back in time and time again, are also brain dead.
I'm in Illinois and we rank up there with NY and California with brain dead moron politicians. After all our last two governors have served prison time and looks like our former congress man will be joining them. My district is full of complete and utter idiots because our last congress was a known crook and they re-electing him and our current one (elected after a special election)was elected because Bloomberg endorsed her because she wants to outlaw guns and raise taxes on people so people on welfare will get more goodies.

This whole topic proves to me that politicians only care about criminals. I mean these people are coming here illegally and committing another crime yet the politicians want to allow them to stay. If we start deporting (which I support)the first ones to go should be those who committed crimes.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Identity theft is breaking a Federal Law and is punishable up to 15 years in jail.
But I guess in their quest for "justice" they will just overlook that.

USDOJ: CRM: About the Criminal Division

Old 06-08-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Identity theft is breaking a Federal Law and is punishable up to 15 years in jail.
But I guess in their quest for "justice" they will just overlook that.

USDOJ: CRM: About the Criminal Division
Absolutely no way should anyone who used a stolen social security number or participated in felony document fraud and identity theft be given a pass on that kind of crime. Or is it only a felony if citizens do it? It would be utterly absurd to give any legal status to felony criminals.

Even if there is an amnesty, it should not be like the big blanket amnesty they're trying to impose. No one who committed a felony crime like social security number theft and document fraud should be rewarded. No one who committed a DWI, or who took food stamps or Medicaid for their children should be included on this, the last thing we need are more criminals and welfare recipients.

At the very least, the illegals should have to follow the same rules as legal immigrants -- have a job that provides them health insurance and an employer who agrees to sponsor them and pay for the work visas. No amnesty should be given to those who would earn too little to pay federal income tax. Imagine the big spike in EITC handouts if illegals can be low-wage earners and get in on amnesty?

No amnesty for anyone who forgot to pay hospital bills. No amnesty for anyone who won't be expected to pay into social security for at least 40 years, the program is too short of funds now to be adding in any new recipients who paid in for too few years. Nor can we afford nice fat disability checks for illegals who will be retiring soon but don't qualify for social security because they're too old to put in 10 years of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration