U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:10 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Then how does that explain how my son tested positive for TB, after attending school with children of illegals from Mexico? He never stepped foot in Mexico, or any other third-world country, for that matter.

Doubt all you want, but when it hits home, you'll be singing a different tune.
The TB test can read positive due to either a) the BCG vaccine or b) exposure to TB. Since your son did not receive the TB vaccine (it is not used in the US to the best of my knowledge) and has not travelled overseas, he was clearly exposed to someone with the disease here in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 04:41 PM

7,139 posts, read 12,890,687 times
I agree, andreabeth. Unless there is an unknown family/friend exposure in the child's environment.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,793 times
You People Came Over To This Continent With That Nasty Disease And Now You Want To Blame On Mexicans. Get A Grip On Your Selfs And Dont Forget Your Roots,.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:30 PM

162 posts, read 293,816 times
Default You need a tune up

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE WIZZARD View Post
You People Came Over To This Continent With That Nasty Disease And Now You Want To Blame On Mexicans. Get A Grip On Your Selfs And Dont Forget Your Roots,.
Nobody is blaming on the Mexicans only for diseases, they come from all over the world, thats why we need certain vaccines before travelling overseas and protect ourselves.
But you are blaming on people coming to YOUR CONTINENT, right? Well, you must be sick of a universal condition called stupidity. There is no country in this world with population free of foreigners. You are one of them, you are living in the USA, so if we apply your concept of foreigners bringing diseases, you already did your share, good news is we dont need of a vaccine for your stupidity. Sorry amigo.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:52 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,652,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Then how does that explain how my son tested positive for TB, after attending school with children of illegals from Mexico? He never stepped foot in Mexico, or any other third-world country, for that matter.

Doubt all you want, but when it hits home, you'll be singing a different tune.
Excellent point, DontH8.

The health problems are just one more reason we need more and stricter controls at our borders . . . ALL BORDERS!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:51 PM

103 posts, read 235,512 times
The brother of a friend of ours - an American - just died of TB in the South San Francisco area.

"Immigrants" have been found with drug-resistant TB (that really means incurable) in Oregon.

The Health Departments are not being forthcoming. You have to discover these things accidentally.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:18 AM

470 posts, read 1,030,036 times
I was given the TB shot when I was a kid and lived in El Salvador (I came to the U.S when I was around 5)

I didn't even know what it was until I got deployed and everyone had to take that TB test and I got a little bump in the area they put the needle in. After that they just did x-rays and said I was fine.

And no I didnt come here illegally .

Old 10-12-2008, 10:37 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbure9x View Post
You're preaching to the choir bud, the question becomes, how do we get enough people to start doing these things to make a difference???
Bring wages back up to a "living wage" again.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:19 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
At LONG LAST, just what many have been hoping for....a thread on this forum which says something "Positive" about illegals......

Old 10-12-2008, 07:39 PM

74 posts, read 109,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE WIZZARD View Post
No way did you just say "You People"
That is the second most ignorant thing I have heard in this forum since i joined (only a week ago =p)
Are you serious man?
No one is blaming the Mexicans, And what roots? Everyone here is from different places. We are all American [at least the citizens and the legal immigrants doing things the right way] We are only pointing out what we see as the biggest cause for the return of the TB epidemic.... Illegal immigrants who come to this country without being tested or vaccinated, and since there is no way to check them on their way in [because they sneak in and break the law in doing so]
We are left with millions of people coming into this country unchecked for disease.

...I still cant believe you started a post with "you people"
do EVERYONE here a favor and just leave, this forum is for people to discuss issues, we welcome everyone from both sides to come in and argue their points. But not people who come in complete ignorance to rant on about completely unnecessary things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration