U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 06:26 PM

11,325 posts, read 2,873,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin_mac View Post
Well, it's not a reward for the kids, they didn't have a choice. For a lot of them, Mexico or wherever is as foreign as it is to you and me.

Wasn't arguing with that, and I think the parents should be deported.

I'm just saying the kids should at least have a chance to stay if they really want to.
I disagree. Those children have learned the culture of Mexico and are taught Spanish by their parents. It's not foreign at all. We have enough Mexicans living here where Mexican culture has become a minority culture within in our own country that I am sure they have been exposed to . In fact, I would be willing to bet that they would have aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents still in Mexico.

You would have the minor children of parents here illegally separated from their parents? Why would they stay here if their parents were deported? Even if these kids are citizens of this country they should still leave with their parents and if they wish return here when they have reached adulthood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 06:28 PM

11,529 posts, read 6,687,432 times
Deport them today, they'll be back by Monday....

Old 06-07-2013, 06:29 PM

11,325 posts, read 2,873,034 times
Quote:
Okay, that I did not know.

No but Mexico's a xenophobic hellhole, the US isn't.

But yeah yeah. I get it. Will stop arguing.
I don't see anything xenophobic about Mexico, the U.S. or any other country enforcing their immigration laws.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:49 PM

8,246 posts, read 2,634,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Deport them today, they'll be back by Monday....
Not too much these days. Coyote fees are HIGH in 2013.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:05 PM

3,188 posts, read 1,367,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
maybe we need to pay the coyotes to "have problems" with their "shipments"

Old 06-08-2013, 01:18 PM

47,586 posts, read 33,792,412 times
Quote:
Well, they don't all have dual citizenship, do they? What about someone who was brought here at 3 and is now 16. Deportation and a ban from what is essentially home? Kinda lame.

But I see your points, I get it.
A 16 year old belongs with his parents, the illegal parents who smuggled him in at age 3 should also be deported and their illegal child should be going home with them.

Don't you believe in keeping families together? Smuggling children in should certainly not be rewarded -- the parents should be going home, not being handed quick easy citizenship for having broken the laws.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:20 PM

47,586 posts, read 33,792,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Actually illegal entry is way up since January this year.

I don't know what coyote fees are right now, but certainly it's cheap enough to come through without coyotes. You can buy those real laser visas on the streets of any border town for just around $500 -- then walk on over the bridge and return the card and nothing stops you then from being taken to any destination in the USA.

Also it's free to jump aboard a train heading into the US. From what I'm observing, it would be very very easy to hop on a train as it's crossing the border, jump off if you see border agents stop it. All you would need to do is jump off, get past the point where border agents might stop it, then jump back on as it heads it's way west, north, or east. It would be a cheap and easy way to get where you want to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration