U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:11 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,668,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
I feel so sorry for the property owners near the border. They must be so frustrated having to deal with this invasion on their property day in and day out.
Absolutely, crittersitter . . . not to mention the TONS OF GARBAGE the illegals dump and run that the land owners are required to remove at their own expense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 09:16 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I can't disagree with that.

If it were me on my property and someone was throwing rocks at me, I would shoot back. I might squeeze off a round into the ground first as a warning shot.
Or I would hire illegals to patrol the fence and throw rocks when thrown rocks upon. That would be fun to watch.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:12 PM

66 posts, read 82,246 times
I have a friend who lives in a little cabin near the border, she is an elderly anglo lady. She does not lock her doors, she leaves food out and jugs of water. She has a sign on her door that says, in Spanish, Welcome, have some food and water and leave some for the next people.

She has no problems with the Mexicans coming across, she does have problems with the redneck gun toting white guys who hassle her for being kind.

'course, she gets a free pass to heaven for her kindnesses

Old 11-06-2007, 07:19 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,969,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Montara View Post
I have a friend who lives in a little cabin near the border, she is an elderly anglo lady. She does not lock her doors, she leaves food out and jugs of water. She has a sign on her door that says, in Spanish, Welcome, have some food and water and leave some for the next people.

She has no problems with the Mexicans coming across, she does have problems with the redneck gun toting white guys who hassle her for being kind.

'course, she gets a free pass to heaven for her kindnesses

Ah yes. How "kind" of her to help import poverty into our country. Bet she feels like she's part of some underground railroad. So noble of her to help undermine the laws and working class of her country.

Buy her a cookie. Tell her it's from TriMT7 in Florida.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:25 PM

66 posts, read 82,246 times
Oh, My Gawd, what a curious reaction. She is not assisting anyone to get anywhere, she does not undermine the laws of this nation, she provides sustenance and water for those who are on her property.

Oh, and by the way, if you have children, and you are educated and a responsible parent, you probably have some of her books, and both you and your children love them

Old 11-06-2007, 07:32 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,969,411 times
Quote:
Oh, My Gawd, what a curious reaction. She is not assisting anyone to get anywhere, she does not undermine the laws of this nation, she provides sustenance and water for those who are on her property.
Unless her property is on the Mexican side of the border, she is helping to undermine the laws of the nation by aiding those who undermine the laws of the nation. I'm sure she wouldn't accept a corporation coming onto her land and building a subdivision on it, so clearly she has a concept that one of the bundles of rights that go along with having property or territory is the "right to exclude."

Maybe if she provided some food and water and pointed the "guests" back towards the border, I would respect her more. Otherwise, she's aiding them on their journey onto and into lands they weren't invited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Montara
Oh, and by the way, if you have children, and you are educated and a responsible parent, you probably have some of her books, and both you and your children love them
That's nice, but she's still not to be commended.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:24 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,772,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

That's nice, but she's still not to be commended.
I commend her tho....illegal or not the United States is a humane nation always willing to help those less fortunate

and NO this does not mean that I welcome illegal immigrants but i"ll be damned if they oughta starve in the desert or die of thirst.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:57 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
If they are on his property he should shoot back at them.
From how I read the story, they weren't on his property---and weren't even in the same country. Shooting people, unless they're in your house, is extremely risky, from a legal standpoint. Look what happened to those two BP agents in Texas. And in the case of SHOOTING ACROSS A BORDER, I wouldn't trust my government AT ALL, not to come down on me and put me away for life, just as an example, in order to "make points" with Mexico. So I don't think that would be an option for me, though I can understand the guy's anger.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:58 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,766 times
Quote:

)
Ever heard of aiding and abating? It's commendable to be compassionate to those less fortunate but that doesn't mean we don't have laws. I hope the compassionate woman doesn't end up dead leaving her doors unlocked.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:05 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,433 times
This lady is also insuring that they won't do something to her property, which is a smart tactic.

If we don't give them food/water, they'll just take it - like they've done on ranches eating the animals, and drinking the animals' water, not to mention filthy trash left, including human feces in the barns. Gross out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration