Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:11 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post
This is why I've been skeptical all along. I never believed that anyone was serious about securing the border. It will be amnesty, more illegal immigration, and cries for another amnesty. Lather, rinse, repeat.
There is a reason they only parade attractive well educated illegals on stage.
Why don't they parade the drunk drivers? The rapist, the drug smugglers? The ID thieves.
Hello everyone I would to introduce Maria, she is an honest hard working undocumented immigrant. She has only committed ID fraud and tax evasion. She often works under the table at Motel 6 for half what we would have to pay a US citizen or a legal immigrant. Her 5 children receive food stamps and because Maria speaks no english we have provided an english tutor for all of her children.How would that work out?
It is far more realistic than the story of the chemical engineer. I wonder how many illegals are engineers compared to low balling ID thieves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin_mac View Post
Franklin Mac: Screw Rubio.
Let me be the first to rep. that and second the motion..Screw Rubio

Old 06-11-2013, 11:35 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Why don't they parade the drunk drivers? The rapist, the drug smugglers? The ID thieves.
Hello everyone I would to introduce Maria, she is an honest hard working undocumented immigrant. She has only committed ID fraud and tax evasion. She often works under the table at Motel 6 for half what we would have to pay a US citizen or a legal immigrant. Her 5 children receive food stamps and because Maria speaks no english we have provided an english tutor for all of her children.How would that work out?
It is far more realistic than the story of the chemical engineer. I wonder how many illegals are engineers compared to low balling ID thieves?

Everyone of the Illegals they parade in front of cameras and want media attention for to try and make idiots feel sorry for are felons. If they are not, then can I quit paying taxes, commit I.D fraud, and be praised too? Or would the feds want to lock me up for the next 25-til death years of my life? And the fools think it's harsh to "deport" .

Old 06-12-2013, 07:08 AM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Exactly! I found that tactic despicable! As you said, most illegals do not fit the profile of the one that was paraded on stage. At any rate she and the rest of the illegals are here in violation of our immigration laws and to allow any of them an audience with our president and then sing their praises in front of the nation is about as low as you can go.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly! I found that tactic despicable! As you said, most illegals do not fit the profile of the one that was paraded on stage. At any rate she and the rest of the illegals are here in violation of our immigration laws and to allow any of them an audience with our president and then sing their praises in front of the nation is about as low as you can go.
Pandering for future votes for the party.
There's too many to send home.
11-20 million if not more is the shot in the arm the Dems need to retain power.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:36 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Rubio is someone who might know more than you think about border security. A member or members of his family were illegal aliens.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:53 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Pandering for future votes for the party.
There's too many to send home.
11-20 million if not more is the shot in the arm the Dems need to retain power.
Unfortunately both parties are in this business of amnesty for their own personal gain. Neither party really cares about illegal immigrants or their constituents. Our Republicans are only interested in big business and cheap labor and our Democrats just see this as a way to get and retain power.

How many remember parties that use to talk about the homeless or poor, hard working, legal citizens? Those subjects are taboo in the political arena today. Apparently the politicians figured out that the homeless do not vote and the hard working poor don't have the time to vote.

Our politicians are power and money hungry and the only people they really care about is their own hide.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Rubio is someone who might know more than you think about border security. A member or members of his family were illegal aliens.
Weren't his relatives Cubans though? Wet foot, dry foot isn't the same as jumping our borders illegally. The former is legal even though I don't agree with it.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Unfortunately both parties are in this business of amnesty for their own personal gain. Neither party really cares about illegal immigrants or their constituents. Our Republicans are only interested in big business and cheap labor and our Democrats just see this as a way to get and retain power.

How many remember parties that use to talk about the homeless or poor, hard working, legal citizens? Those subjects are taboo in the political arena today. Apparently the politicians figured out that the homeless do not vote and the hard working poor don't have the time to vote.

Our politicians are power and money hungry and the only people they really care about is their own hide.
Just one correction. The Democrats are also about cheap labor.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:03 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Weren't his relatives Cubans though? Wet foot, dry foot isn't the same as jumping our borders illegally. The former is legal even though I don't agree with it.
Well technically, a number of Cubans enter the country illegally (via makeshift boats & rafts). If they manage to reach the shore, all they have to do is to literally touch dry land, and voila! They're allowed to stay due to the wet foot/dry foot policy. The existence of policy itself doesn't take away the fact that they entered illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration